• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
See also http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1319893/     for Facebook version.

#AMEXAmazon

How to...

Step 1: https://sync.americanexpress.com/twitter/Index  .
Step 2: Tweet #AmexAmazon 
Step 3: Confirm that you have the offer by clicking on @connect in your Twitter account.  Look for reply message from AMEX that reads something like this-- @you thx for enrolling in https://twitter.com/search?q=%23AmexAmazon&src=hash offer. Spend w/ synced Card & receive credit. See terms: http://t.co/AWLAYm3EKn 
Step 4:Spend a cumulative amount of $75 on Amazon.com by December 31, 2013.
Step 5: Look for confirmation email shortly after your purchase letting you know that you’ve saved $25 by using your synced card. 

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
So long as you can see the @AmexSync response to your tweet in your Twitter account (look under "Connect" if you're usin... (more)

labboypro (Dec. 04, 2013 @ 6:03p) |

Received my $25 statement credit overnight for GC purchase made 12/2.  Yay.

labboypro (Dec. 05, 2013 @ 12:27p) |

Anybody know if Amazon Local purchases qualify for the money back?  I couldn't find mention one way or the other.

Aeromark (Dec. 14, 2013 @ 1:49p) |

Offer Terms:To be eligible to receive the statement credit:

(i) you must have an American Express Card that is synced with Twitter (see sync.americanexpress.com/twitter for more details on how to sync your Card);
(ii) you must tweet using #AmexAmazon;
(iii) you must receive a response message from @AmexSync stating that this offer has been added to your synced Card; AND
(iv) you must use your synced Card to spend a total of $75 or more online at Amazon by 12/31/13.

You must receive a confirmation response from @AmexSync stating that the offer has been added to your Card before you can redeem the offer.  This confirmation response will begin with your @username and will appear in your Mentions tab on the @Connect page. These terms will be available to you via a link in the confirmation message.  If you do not receive a response message about this offer from @AmexSync, please Contact Us or direct message us at @AskAmex. 

Offer valid only for purchases online at Amazon; not valid for purchases on any non-US or non-English versions of Amazon website or for any websites affiliated with or linked to Amazon. Enrollment for the offer is limited. Limit 1 statement credit per American Express Card across all American Express offer channels.   Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 12/31/13, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Note that American Express may not receive information about your qualifying purchase from the merchant until all of the items from your qualifying purchase have been provided or shipped by the merchant.  If you order an item during the offer period but it is not sent to you until after 12/31/13, it may not count towards determining whether your purchase qualifies for the offer. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is returned/cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit.  For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with Amazon.  In addition, in most cases, you will not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it. Program Terms and Conditions apply; click here for details. POID: AW76:0001 
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

*cough*

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1319893/

usernamemax20charact said:   *cough*

Oh, you mean the Facebook offer?  This is a Twitter offer, for those who don't do Facebook.

So gift card purchase is also qualified?

Stuck on step 3 ...

lifeofpig said:   So gift card purchase is also qualified?

It's not clear yet, but the T&C (see QS) doesn't appear to explicitly exclude them.

Thanks Labboypro...saw this elsewhere but didn't realize it was cumulative. Was expecting to spend $75 in one shot. Opens up options.

i got a tweet back, but it was to tell me i was already enrolled even though i never got the tweet saying i was enrolled. they asked me to tweet @AskAmex.....but i never heard back. looks like i'll be missing this.

labboypro said:   usernamemax20charact said:   *cough*

Oh, you mean the Facebook offer?  This is a Twitter offer, for those who don't do Facebook.
Should I create another thread, since it's probably all the same offer and doesn't actually require either facebook or twitter? It should show up under "Offers for You" in your online account.

scripta said:   
labboypro said:   
Oh, you mean the Facebook offer?  This is a Twitter offer, for those who don't do Facebook.

Should I create another thread, since it's probably all the same offer and doesn't actually require either facebook or twitter? It should show up under "Offers for You" in your online account.

Perhaps you should.  According to the Hot Deals FZQ (linked at the top of every single page)...

If a deal is posted by a member, and another member posts a deal (or list) for the SAME item, but from DIFFERENT sources, it is not a repost of the deal. If the OP of the first thread EDITS their thread to include the information from the SECOND thread, then the FIRST thread is now a REPOST of the second thread, no matter what the time stamp on it is.

I don't think it requires facebook or twitter.  I have a $25 credit for $75 Amazon spending in the offers for you section when I look at my account online.

likewise pdxman1. i went to my offers and saved the $25 off $75 on Amazon without jumping through FB or Twitter hoops...

pdxman1 said:   I don't think it requires facebook or twitter.  I have a $25 credit for $75 Amazon spending in the offers for you section when I look at my account online.

The account-based offer is targeted.  If you have it, great.  But, if you don't... then you can access it via Twitter per OP (or Facebook offer I linked to in the OP as well).  

To sum up... there are _3_ different offers being made by AMEX/AMZN--

1. (Targeted) in your account Offers for You section
2. Facebook page (see other post).
3. Twitter (this post). 

labboypro said:   pdxman1 said:   I don't think it requires facebook or twitter.  I have a $25 credit for $75 Amazon spending in the offers for you section when I look at my account online.The account-based offer is targeted.  If you have it, great.  But, if you don't... then you can access it via Twitter per OP (or Facebook offer I linked to in the OP as well).  

3. Twitter (this post).
Is it possible to sign up the same card for more than one?

scripta said:   
labboypro said:   
pdxman1 said:   I don't think it requires facebook or twitter.  I have a $25 credit for $75 Amazon spending in the offers for you section when I look at my account online.
The account-based offer is targeted.  If you have it, great.  But, if you don't... then you can access it via Twitter per OP (or Facebook offer I linked to in the OP as well).  

3. Twitter (this post).

Is it possible to sign up the same card for more than one?

No 

labboypro said:   

3. Twitter (this post). 

So can you make one $75 purchase and get 3 times the $25 back?  Once for each offer?

EDIT:  Limit 1 statement credit per American Express Card across all American Express offer channels. 

So answer is no.

Email confirmation of purchase will look something like this--
Dear: labboypro

Thank you for using your synced American Express® Card ending in nnnnn at Amazon.COM LLC!

Be sure to visit American Express on Twitter to find more exclusive Cardmember offers!

See program terms at http... whatever

For these deals, you typically see the $25 statement credit in a few days... though AMEX says it can take several weeks. For the very very few who have not received their credit after receiving both the sync and purchase confirmation emails, a quick call to AMEX to let them know has solved the problem.

Wife's account doesn't list AMZN offer under her Offers tab, and she doesn't do FB, so she was able to tweet and sync... and then bought a $75 GC from AMZN.  Already received confirmation email from AMEX.  Yay.

labboypro said:   
usernamemax20charact said:   *cough*

Oh, you mean the Facebook offer?  This is a Twitter offer, for those who don't do Facebook.

Yep cannot stand FAKEbook at all and no one in my family uses the FAKEbook so this offer worked for me.

It works on $75 Amazon gift certificate, right?

toshipics said:   It works on $75 Amazon gift certificate, right?

Yes.  Buying from here works-- https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004LLIKVU/gcrnsts?ie=UTF8&keywords=amazon%20gift%20card&qid=1385932953&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1 

has anyone received their credit yet when doing this through SYNC on twitter?

L00000 said:   has anyone received their credit yet when doing this through SYNC on twitter?
  I don't think they are going to hand out credits until the promo is over. Look for it after the 1st of the year.

VegasVegan said:   
L00000 said:   has anyone received their credit yet when doing this through SYNC on twitter?
  I don't think they are going to hand out credits until the promo is over. Look for it after the 1st of the year.

Based on at least a dozen other such AMEX Twitter offers I've done, I would expect to see the AMEX statement credit within a few days... a week at most.

Carp. I just bought a lot of gifts yesterday & today there. Anyone know if the purchase amt. is retroactive or only after the time when registered for the deal?

Chupa said:   Carp. I just bought a lot of gifts yesterday & today there. Anyone know if the purchase amt. is retroactive or only after the time when registered for the deal?

Not valid on prior purchases.

i synced my card, tweeted correctly and received this...(not what most people are getting, but i see tons of them in the #AmexAmazon tweet feed, so i am not the only one)

"[@mytwitterhandle] you’ve already enrolled in the #AmexAmazon offer. If this is an error, please contact @AskAmex"

does this mean i am good?
does "enrolled" mean the offer is on my synced card?
"already?"

i can not get anywhere with customer service.

thanks

skylog said:   i synced my card, tweeted correctly and received this...(not what most people are getting, but i see tons of them in the #AmexAmazon tweet feed, so i am not the only one)

"[@mytwitterhandle] you’ve already enrolled in the #AmexAmazon offer. If this is an error, please contact @AskAmex"

"already?"

thanks

Sign into your Amex acct and check under your offers at the bottom of the page. You should see it listed there.

VegasVegan said:   
skylog said:   i synced my card, tweeted correctly and received this...(not what most people are getting, but i see tons of them in the #AmexAmazon tweet feed, so i am not the only one)

"already?"

thanks

Sign into your Amex acct and check under your offers at the bottom of the page. You should see it listed there.

The listing in your account is not related to the Twitter offer in that... 1) some people don't get the account offer, but anyone can tweet for the offer, and 2) if you tweet the offer, it doesn't then show up in your AMEX account. 

To skylog, if you received that message, it means that you are already enrolled for the offer... either you tweeted it already (check your Mentions to see if you already received the correct response earlier), or THEY THINK you already tweeted it (which is an issue they would have to resolve), or you already enrolled via one of the other channels-- in your account (like VegasVegan described), via Facebook, or via FourSquare.  You can only enroll via ONE channel for a given offer on a single card.  Make sense?

In any case, I wouldn't worry too much about it.  Make your purchase and wait for the confirmation email and credit.  If you don't get the credit, message AMEX telling them you got the reply saying you were already enrolled in the offer, so you acted on it.  They'll take care of you in the end.  This is AMEX, not some fly-by-night cc provider.

labboypro said:   if you tweet the offer, it doesn't then show up in your AMEX account.

Yes, it does.

labboypro said:   
VegasVegan said:   

"already?"

thanks

The listing in your account is not related to the Twitter offer in that... 1) some people don't get the account offer, but anyone can tweet for the offer, and 2) if you tweet the offer, it doesn't then show up in your AMEX account. 

I didn't have the offer in my amex acct under "offers available for card xxxx".  I added it through twitter and then it showed up in the "my offers". You should also get an email after sync'ing an offer with FB or Twitter to the email address you used when you first sync'd the card to that social acct.

c3 said:   
labboypro said:   if you tweet the offer, it doesn't then show up in your AMEX account.

Yes, it does.

Is anyone else reporting this?  I haven't seen ANY Twitter offer EVER show up in 3x AMEX accounts I manage.  I have done at least a dozen Twitter offers since they started this earlier this year.

edit: Just reconfirmed this on 2 of the accounts-- I am enrolled in #AmexToysRUs, #AmexCostco, #AmexAmazon, #AmexJCP, #AmexZappos, #AmexNeweggFlash, #AmexExxonMobil, #AmexLowes, all via Twitter... ZERO of those (that's ZERO) are listed in either of the two AMEX accounts I just checked.  One account is Platinum Business Premium.  The other is Costco.  They are unrelated accounts with different logins.

labboypro said:   
c3 said:   

Yes, it does.

Is anyone else reporting this?  I haven't seen ANY Twitter offer EVER show up in 3x AMEX accounts I manage.  I have done at least a dozen Twitter offers since they started this earlier this year.

edit: Just reconfirmed this on 2 of the accounts-- I am enrolled in #AmexToysRUs, #AmexCostco, #AmexAmazon, #AmexJCP, #AmexZappos, #AmexNeweggFlash, #AmexExxonMobil, #AmexLowes, all via Twitter... ZERO of those (that's ZERO) are listed in either of the two AMEX accounts I just checked.  One account is Platinum Business Premium.  The other is Costco.  They are unrelated accounts with different logins.

I just tried with a couple of other offers that weren't listed under "offers for my card".
I did #AmexExxonMobil on twitter. It now shows in "my offers" under that card.
I also added the costco offer through FB to one of my cards that wasn't showing it. It now shows under "my offers" on that card.

One card is a Costco Amex and the other a Blue.

VegasVegan said:   
Just reconfirmed this on 2 of the accounts-- I am enrolled in #AmexToysRUs, #AmexCostco, #AmexAmazon, #AmexJCP, #AmexZappos, #AmexNeweggFlash, #AmexExxonMobil, #AmexLowes, all via Twitter... ZERO of those (that's ZERO) are listed in either of the two AMEX accounts I just checked.  One account is Platinum Business Premium.  The other is Costco.  They are unrelated accounts with different logins.
  I just tried with a couple of other offers that weren't listed under "offers for my card".
I did #AmexExxonMobil on twitter. It now shows in "my offers" under that card.
I also added the costco offer through FB to one of my cards that wasn't showing it. It now shows under "my offers" on that card.

One card is a Costco Amex and the other a Blue.

It sounds like we're on very different systems at AMEX, then... so that function is definitely YMMV.

Thanks for the details.

labboypro said:   It sounds like we're on very different systems at AMEX, then... so that function is definitely YMMV.

Do you have anything under "my offers"? How about "my savings", which is the history?

c3 said:   
Do you have anything under "my offers"? How about "my savings", which is the history?

The only things under "My Savings" are Tiger Direct, FedEx Office, Best Buy, and West Elm... all offers I initially received through the "My Offers" tab.  The only items under "My Savings" tab are Staples, WalMart, Whole Foods, Tavos, HSN, last year's Costco offer, and others going back as far as 03/2012.  No overlap with the Twitter offers I have processed on this card (the Platinum Business Premium).  Based on what I saw yesterday when I checked the Costco account, same basic thing (though I didn't do all offers on both cards, so there will be some differences).

Wow!  It's as if AMEX is monitoring me... 30 minutes ago I received an email blast from them entitled "[labboypro], New Improvements to your Account are Here," that tells me "More digital improvements to your account are here..." and tells me to log in.  When I logged in (I did not follow any links in the email... I went directly to my AMEX login page-- good way to avoid phishing emails), the account required me to click a button that was hovering over a dimmed page, and then it gave me access to my account.  When I look in the Offers section, all of the previously non-existent Twitter-based offers are now listed on either the "My Offers" or "My Savings" tabs, depending on whether I've redeemed them or not.  So, I now see (at least on this account) the same things as you guys are seeing... even if you don't have the offer listed, after enrolling via Twitter (or, presumably, via FB as well), they show up in my account.  That is new for me as of today on my Platinum Business Preferred account.  The Costco account is still as I described above.  I'm guessing my accounts are on a part of the database that's on an older configuration and they have been rolling out updates that are finally making it to me.  Yay... I feel normal now.

I have same problem, I have costco amex card. I did Amazon twitter at 12/1, and Costco Twitter at 12/2. Now I see only costco listed under my offer, can't find the Amazon's.

pinksky said:   I have same problem, I have costco amex card. I did Amazon twitter at 12/1, and Costco Twitter at 12/2. Now I see only costco listed under my offer, can't find the Amazon's.

So long as you can see the @AmexSync response to your tweet in your Twitter account (look under "Connect" if you're using a browser to tweet, or wherever Mentions go in whatever app you use), you should be fine.  Look for something like--

[YourUserName] thx for enrolling in #AmexAmazon offer. Spend w/ synced Card & receive credit. See terms: [amexURL]

Skipping 2 Messages...
Anybody know if Amazon Local purchases qualify for the money back?  I couldn't find mention one way or the other.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014