• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
CVS eGiftCard Promo  

This year they have the PayPal option to pay. Use it, as from past experience, transactions get denied often. I did not have any problems with 3 different Paypal payments.

Remember, these are eGiftCards. You have to print them on 8X11 paper and carry it around with you. My CVS refuses to convert them into a plastic GC.

Good luck!

Member Summary

CVS (8.88kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts

nick555 (Dec. 02, 2013 @ 5:11p) |

Definitely sold out. I processed the order and about 30 mins later I got a phone call asking if I was hoping to get th... (more)

rhornor (Dec. 02, 2013 @ 5:14p) |

For CVS/GC regulars, has anyone had issues trying to use an eGC TWICE in one day?  For my last 2 shopping trips, I used ... (more)

labboypro (Dec. 03, 2013 @ 4:55p) |

• Also categorized in:

worth the hassle even though they're e-certs.  great find!

Does CVS sell gift cards from other retailers and would they take on of these as payment?

reddhead said:   Does CVS sell gift cards from other retailers and would they take on of these as payment?
  Yes, and No.

Thanks

Easy $30 bonus on $150, thank you OP
Note-use paypal bill me later for an extra $5 credit (offer appeared during paypal checkout)

Do you have to spend the balance in one visit?
Does it have an expiration date?
Not familiar with the e-GC thingy at CVS.

KYBOSH said:   Do you have to spend the balance in one visit?

no and no.

From my experience THESE CAN BE USED ON RX COPAYS! 

They cannot be used on GC's, but usually work on Postage Stamps. YMMV.

MISTERCHEAP said:   
From my experience THESE CAN BE USED ON RX COPAYS! 

Absolutely.  That is the ONLY way I pay for my scrips.

You do not have to spend the balance in one visit. But make sure that the checkout clerk returns the paper eGC back to you if it has a balance left on it. A lot of them still are not familiar with paper eGCs.

The eGCs (in California) have no expiration date. Not sure about other states. Maybe others can chime in.

nick555 said:   

You do not have to spend the balance in one visit. But make sure that the checkout clerk returns the paper eGC back to you if it has a balance left on it. A lot of them still are not familiar with paper eGCs.

The eGCs (in California) have no expiration date. Not sure about other states. Maybe others can chime in.

No, no expiration anywhere in the US.

FYI, regarding the "paper" aspect of this, not only be careful to get the piece of paper "back" from the cashier, you should also make a PDF backup file of it on your PC cause it's easy to forget about these or misplace them if you buy multiples. You can check the balances online of any given egc if you're not sure how much you've spent on it over time.

But, I do recommend them, as long as you follow the steps myself and others are posting to protect them.

MISTERCHEAP said:   
FYI, regarding the "paper" aspect of this, not only be careful to get the piece of paper "back" from the cashier, you should also make a PDF backup file of it on your PC cause it's easy to forget about these or misplace them if you buy multiples. You can check the balances online of any given egc if you're not sure how much you've spent on it over time.

But, I do recommend them, as long as you follow the steps myself and others are posting to protect them.

I don't recommend making a habit of doing this, but you can buy something for the total GC amount in store, then return it.  They'll refund you with a plastic GC.  This is a good way to consolidate multiple eGCs as well, but again... it's not a good thing to abuse.

edit: Please see Mr. C comments following this post before consolidating as I describe here.  He indicates there may be issues with resulting "Cash card" after consolidating.  I have not experienced this issue, but have only consolidated like above once... and maybe my store failed to give me the "correct" card, and instead just issued me a GC.

labboypro said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   

I don't recommend making a habit of doing this, but you can buy something for the total GC amount in store, then return it.  They'll refund you with a plastic GC.  This is a good way to consolidate multiple eGCs as well, but again... it's not a good thing to abuse.

Don't agree Labboy...the "cash cards" they give you are NOT gift cards (differently coded) and WILL NOT WORK on RX Co-pays, liquor, etc. The best use of these e-gc's is to lower your oop cost on prescriptions if you use retail like CVS (vs mail order).

If you buy strictly toothpaste, soda, etc at CVS, then yes, your plan is valid.

In 4 $100+$20.

MISTERCHEAP said:   
Don't agree Labboy...the "cash cards" they give you are NOT gift cards (differently coded) and WILL NOT WORK on RX Co-pays, liquor, etc. The best use of these e-gc's is to lower your oop cost on prescriptions if you use retail like CVS (vs mail order).

I paid for 4x prescription copays at my local store Wednesday before last with a $25 eGC.  They typed in the eGC number (because the paper is folded right on the barcode, so it doesn't scan well) and it worked just fine... just like it has for the couple of years.  I'm in CA... maybe it's regional, perhaps to comply with various state laws about GC redemption (??).

labboypro said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   

I paid for 4x prescription copays at my local store Wednesday before last with a $25 eGC.  They typed in the eGC number (because the paper is folded right on the barcode, so it doesn't scan well) and it worked just fine... just like it has for the couple of years.  I'm in CA... maybe it's regional, perhaps to comply with various state laws about GC redemption (??).

Labboy, read what I wrote again. you talked about buying stuff and returning it. The return is put on a CVS MERCHANDISE (CASH) card, it is NOT A GIFT CARD and will not work on RX'es. I never said the egc paper version, just the return card you spoke about.

MISTERCHEAP said:   
Labboy, read what I wrote again. you talked about buying stuff and returning it. The return is put on a CVS MERCHANDISE (CASH) card, it is NOT A GIFT CARD and will not work on RX'es. I never said the egc paper version, just the return card you spoke about.

Now I understand... your second explanation was not as ambiguous as the first .  "Cash Card" is one class of plastic.  "Gift Card" (including eGC) is another.  Once you have a Cash Card, you can't use it on certain items (like scrips, liquor, etc.).  I will have to agree with you because I don't know any different.  I do know that I have done the above purchase/return to consolidate to a single GC before... and not had any purchase restrictions.  Perhaps the store where I did it (one time) accidentally gave me a GC instead of a Cash Card (??).  I HAVE experienced what you describe at Walgreens, however... where the card they issued could no longer be used in pharmacy.

labboypro said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   

Now I understand... your second explanation was not as ambiguous as the first .  "Cash Card" is one class of plastic.  "Gift Card" (including eGC) is another.  Once you have a Cash Card, you can't use it on certain items (like scrips, liquor, etc.).  I will have to agree with you because I don't know any different.  I do know that I have done the above purchase/return to consolidate to a single GC before... and not had any purchase restrictions.  Perhaps the store where I did it (one time) accidentally gave me a GC instead of a Cash Card (??).  I HAVE experienced what you describe at Walgreens, however... where the card they issued could no longer be used in pharmacy.

I can't swear on the liquor, cause it's not sold at CVS in my state (law, which SUCKS!, no supermarkets, drug, etc. just these beer/package stores). But I do know on RX'es, those return cards won't go through. the first numbers on the back are different that the first four on a true gift card. compare them sometime, and you'll see.

I had great success with this this past year. Our CVS is in a convenient location and always offers the best price on milk and other on-sale items. The card works at the pharmacy counter too for RX's! Would be nice if it worked for alcohol, however not always the best price (so no loss). Great for everyone who gets in on this.

not bad

Already sold out? What? Late as usual

Definitely sold out. I processed the order and about 30 mins later I got a phone call asking if I was hoping to get the promo (Yes) Told me it was OOS and offered to cancel my order, which I did. I didn't press them, but it was clearly showing on the web page, but it didn't show in the cart. Good luck!

For CVS/GC regulars, has anyone had issues trying to use an eGC TWICE in one day?  For my last 2 shopping trips, I used an eGC in pharmacy without issue, then shopped the rest of the store and checked out at front register.  Trying to use the same eGC as I used a few minutes before in pharmacy, the register comes back with "No valid items in cart" (or something like that).  Cashier understands this is silly, but can't get past it.  That happened to me a couple of days ago, and again just a few minutes ago.  The issue has been with different eGCs, and I was easily able to get the line moving by paying the balance with another eGC (ie, pharmacy purchase was with eGC #1, front checkout worked with eGC #2).

The only thing that I can even think of is that their computer is trying to avoid "fraud" issues with multiple purchases in a given timeframe???  But they sure don't mind if I use my cc to do the exact same thing.  Any ideas??

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014