• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

MOTOROLA SB6121 SURFboard Cable Modem RJ-45 - Newegg.com
Disclaimer

Member Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I just upgraded from the Comcast rental modem to this one.
Works great. Saving me over $7.00 a month.

If you're in the market for a cable modem, I would suggest considering spending a few extra bucks ($79.95 on Amazon) and getting the SB6141 which can handle up to 8 downstream channels instead of the 4 channels on the SB6121. While that may seem like overkill, and most people don't have a fast enough WAN connection to justify 8 channels, it seems more future-proof to me.

^^ That.

just bought it..was looking for a comcast compatible modem..saves me 7 bucks monthly ive been paying since last 1 year..

I just looked at my Comcast bill and they "missed" that I brought back their older modem.
I called them and they refunded back some money and took the charge off.
When/if you switch to your own modem, be sure to check the next months bill to insure you aren't being charged the $7.00 anymore.

Great product!

knowit2 said:   I just looked at my Comcast bill and they "missed" that I brought back their older modem.
I called them and they refunded back some money and took the charge off.
When/if you switch to your own modem, be sure to check the next months bill to insure you aren't being charged the $7.00 anymore.

This also happened to me and a friend had a similar experience.

What's the model of the router ?

Good deal.Thanks op!

SithMaster said:   What's the model of the router ?

D-Link Wireless-N Home Router (DIR-601), N150

I don't see phone out. So, this will not work if you use their VOIP, right?

6141 is one-star certified though . From http://mydeviceinfo.comcast.net/certhelp.php

Retail DOCSIS Tiered Levels of Certification

One Star

A One Star designation indicates that the device has undergone DOCSIS testing by Comcast and has received the relevant Underwriters Laboratory ("UL"), Federal Communications Commission (FCC), and CableLabs certifications. Comcast's DOCSIS certification supplements CableLabs testing by adding things like performance and interoperability tests. This helps to ensure that, for example, a given device can support a given service tier's speed.

Two Star

A Two Star designation indicates that the device has undergone all of the One Star tests as well as a basic Physical and Environmental (P&E) evaluation. Such basic P&E testing indicates basic manufacturer self-certification of a subset of P&E tests.That basic P&E evaluation is intended to address a number of important performance and safety issues, which tests from UL, the FCC, and CableLabs do not address. Some of the things P&E tests check for include areas such as device performance and safety during overheating, power interruptions (including power outs), radio frequency (RF) interference, electrostatic discharge, electrical surges, and network impairments.

Three Star

A Three Star designation indicates that the device has undergone all of the Two Star and One Star tests as well as a full Physical and Environmental (P&E) evaluation. Such full &E testing indicates that all P&E tests were performed and that these tests were overseen in person. This is the highest and most thorough level of testing available.

Good catch, fatwallet21.  Here's a link to DOCSIS Devices certifications.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014