• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

BuyDig.com - Audio-Technica ATH-T400 Closed-Back Dynamic Headphones with 53mm Driver
Disclaimer
buydig,com has the very good Audio Techica Sonic Pro Closed Back Stereo Monitor ATH-T400 headphones for $29.99 and free shipping. The Audio Technica ATH-T400 are an often over looked choice in the under $100 price range.† While the Audio Technica ATH-M50 is the darling of the sanely priced headphone world along with a Sony MDR-7506, the AT ATH-T400 is a very good choice for daily use. I own both the Sony MDR-7506 and the Audio Technica ATH-T400, and the ATH-T400 are full sounding, more comfortable and have greater sensitivity of 105db. . . they will play louder with low signal levels. The M50s are very good phones also, but if you want a pair that is so close to sounding like them you won't be disappointed with the ATH-T400s.
The pricier ATH-M50 and Sony MDR-7506 have almost a "peaky" high end that are great for original recording monitor use where any noise is easily discerned, but this trait can become fatiguing to listen to when used for regular use of music, watching videos, or game playing. The ATH-T400 are also very light and more comfortable in my comparison listening.

Audio Technica ATH-T400†††††

Audio-Technica's large-diameter 53 mm drivers deliver powerful and rich bass. A wide, adjustable headband assures long-wearing comfort; specially designed support system reduces pressure on the head. Plush over-the-ear earpads minimize sound leakage.

• Wide, adjustable headband for long-wearing comfort
  • Large 53 mm drivers for powerful and rich bass
  • Specially designed support system reduces pressure on the head
  • Easy-to-adjust earcups for a comfortable fit
  • Plush over-the-ear earpads minimize sound leakage

Specifications:

• Type†Closed-back Dynamic
  • Driver Diameter†53 mm
  • Frequency Response†15 - 23,000 HzMaximum Input Power†1,600 mW
  • Sensitivity†105 dB/mW
  • Impedance†40 ohms
  • Weight†260 g
  • Cable†3.0 m/single-sided
  • Connector†3.5 mm (1/8") mini-stereo, gold-plated
  • Accessory Included†Detachable 1/4" (6.3 mm) adapter

Warranties:

• U.S. Two-Year Limited End-User Warranty

Audio Technica ATH-T400††††††††††††

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Hope you enjoy!

WootHead (Dec. 03, 2013 @ 6:48p) |

I think he will be pleased!

WootHead (Dec. 03, 2013 @ 6:49p) |

code not valid any more

papajoker (Dec. 03, 2013 @ 11:50p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Not a bad price, Amazon has it for around $50.

The price is good and especially with free shipping.† This model has not been given a lot of notice and is a shame. I don't know another pair of headphones that would even come close for $30. I happened to get one pair at Sears on clearance for $33.95 minus a $10 coupon. Later, I got another pair for $24.95 and used an $11 Rewards redemption for a $15 final price. These headphones will handle 1600mw (that's 1.6 watts) just like the pricier ATH-M50, and have4 greater sensitivity. Plus are about† 1 ounce lighter for extended wear comfort.

I've used them on my tablet, mp3 player, laptop, and more with terrific sound.

Thanks, OP. In-4-1 Green-4-U!

You are very welcome. . . . I think you will find them amazing for the price.

I'm not much of an audiophile, so it won't take much to impress me.Looking forward to them though.

Thanks OP...in for 1

Thanks, in for one. Certainly not $129 cans, but usually found in the 50ish + range.

Yes, for $130 actual you can find deals on a more well reviewed headphone. But I find these a bargain at $30.

Please do give us your listening impression after trying them out.

I find them very good especially for my tablet and laptop that don;t have a very high level of output. With these headphones things are more easily heard and come alive.

For those that have these, how long is the cable? Is it 3 meters as listed above? If so, I'm sold!

Oops, nevermind. It is 3 meters (9.84 feet). I overlooked it on the tech specs on the buydig.com site.

Green for you OP! These will work well for me at my workstation as well as with my new keyboard when I decide to be Buddy Holly at 2AM. lol

Use OUM123276100WR for 10 off 50.

Yes, the cord is 3 meters. . . . more than long enough for most uses.† I keep mine coiled up a few feet some times when sitting and use the plastic twisty that came with it.

nicethaughts said:   Use OUM123276100WR for 10 off 50.
† But then will have to spend another $10 on something, right. . ..† so that would be a free $10 item. +1

nicethaughts said:   Use OUM123276100WR for 10 off 50.
††
no longer available

Thanks OP.† Got one for my son as Xmas gift.

Are these noise canceling? Good to use on airplanes?

qidrox said:   Are these noise canceling? Good to use on airplanes?
† They are not noise cancelling, but they ARE closed back so you won't hear much in the way of outside noise and others will not hear what you are listening to.

I have not tried them on a plane or lawn tractor as of yet so can not say for sure

Thanks OP, ordered me a pair.

in 4 1

crash369 said:   in 4 1
† Great!† Thanks!

ikerim said:   Thanks OP, ordered me a pair.
† Hope you enjoy!

baath123 said:   Thanks OP.† Got one for my son as Xmas gift.
† I think he will be pleased!

code not valid any more

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014