• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Office Max has a no contract  T-Mobile Galaxy SIII for $79.99. This phone works for the Simple Choice No Contract plan. Purchase plan separately from TM and just buy the phone from Office Max.
http://www.officemaxwireless.com/eCommerce/SpecialOffer.aspx?cid=36646_8670175068ed486ab8bf83a1e9aac4f1

OfficeMax
See OfficeMax discounts that earn Up to 4.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

galaxy SIII (12.77kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
No activation fee and $50 for a month. No shipping, so $80 + $50 + tax < $150 which is a good deal for a brand new Galax... (more)

mrpickem (Dec. 04, 2013 @ 7:23a) |

"The offer you selected is no longer available."

RedNeckSpy (Dec. 04, 2013 @ 9:16a) |

<deleted> dupe post

RedNeckSpy (Dec. 04, 2013 @ 9:16a) |

• Also categorized in:

$79.99 with a new T-Mobile account
$620.99 without a contract

direfu said:   $79.99 with a new T-Mobile account
$620.99 without a contract

Where do you see $620 without a contract? This is for Simple Choice no contract. When you go through the order process, all you pay is for the phone. The plan is purchased from T Mobile.

Incredible deal if it was correct. Unfortunately, as direfu points out, $80 is the price with a new Tmobile account. No contract (replacement device) is $621.

last step

Simple Choice - No Contract

• Anytime Minutes: Unlimited per month
  • Night and Weekend Minutes: Unlimited
  • Contract Terms: 0 months
  • Long Distance Charge: $0.00
  • Roaming Charge: $0.00/min - No roaming charges
  • Activation Fee(per line): $0.00
  • Additional Minutes: $0.00/min
  • Early Termination Fee: $0.00

Yuyak said:   Incredible deal if it was correct. Unfortunately, as direfu points out, $80 is the price with a new Tmobile account. No contract (replacement device) is $621.
  OK...$80 for a new T Mobile account under a Simple Choice No Contract Plan. Am I missing something?

T-Mobile authorized dealer is not the same as T-Mobile prepaid.

Still from what I am reading Simply choice, it has no yearly lockins.

TonyDls said:   
Yuyak said:   Incredible deal if it was correct. Unfortunately, as direfu points out, $80 is the price with a new Tmobile account. No contract (replacement device) is $621.
  OK...$80 for a new T Mobile account under a Simple Choice No Contract Plan. Am I missing something?

Yep, the fine print. You have to keep the Line active for 181 days (6 months) or they charge you $400.  So there is a 6 month contract with OfficeMax

Instant Savings Discounts
We promise you savings in the form of instant discounts, with no rebates or gimmicks, when you sign up for T-Mobile service on a 2 year agreement. We are able to offer these great discounts because we get paid by T-Mobile for having helped them get (or retain) a good customer. Delivering on this promise means that you must agree to maintain your agreement with T-Mobile for a minimum of 181 days after activation. If we are notified by T-Mobile that they are not going to pay us because your phone has been deactivated during this period, then this may lead to additional charges.

To provide you with significant savings vs. buying in a retail store, the price you paid for your device includes an Instant Savings Discount from this online retailer.

By accepting this Instant Savings Discount, you agree to repay $200 of this discount ($400 for smartphones, tablets, and netbooks) and authorize us to charge your credit card in repayment of this amount if, you signed up for a 2 year agreement and during the 181 days after your new equipment is activated, T-Mobile notifies us that the services you purchased have been suspended, disconnected, or deactivated, or if you return your purchase outside of the return and exchange provisions of our Satisfaction Guarantee.

Other than you simply deactivating a line we've activated, T-Mobile could notify us that you deactivated if:
    You fail to pay T-Mobile in accordance with their terms and conditions
    You transfer equipment we activate on one line to another T-Mobile line, even within the same account
    You activate this equipment on a new line of service on T-Mobile and use it to replace an existing T-Mobile line by deactivating the existing line.

There is no contract with the plan, but..... there is a contract with the phone which you are suppose to keep on the tmobile account for x amount of time. Read the detail in light grey.

It looks like you do have to sign up for a new TMobile account, but there is no term and it can be cancelled at any time with no penalty.  I didn't read all of the fine print, but it looks like you can just cancel the new account and be out and additional $50 for one month of service at the most.  If the service is prorated, you could just cancel as soon as you get the phone and only owe part of the $50 monthly fee.

Seems like a good deal for the SIII if you are willing to jump through the hoops.

--good luck

Can't really afford more than what I'm paying VM now but I'll have to remember Office Max doing discounts like these in the future.

in for one.. before it is gone.. like there was a similar deal from Sprint recently for a Samsung phone (free)!

I'd be careful doing this deal. I see the OP point...

However, your not dealing with OfficeMax. Your dealing with Simplexity.
http://www.scamadviser.com/check-website/www.officemaxwireless.c...

If you do this deal, cancel your T-Mobile plan in less than a month. I have a feeling Simplexity will go after you and screw your credit.

Is it really worth screwing your credit history?

Not for me...

Now if this was an Amazon price mistake, I'll be all over that since Amazon won't go after you because of their mistakes but with Simplexity, too risky I think...

Thank you for your recent order from OfficeMax.

We have cancelled this device and any accessories that you ordered with it. We are also releasing any funds authorized on your credit card for this device.

Order Number:
Rate Plan: Simple Choice - No Contract
Carrier Name: T-Mobile
Date Cancelled: 12/03/2013
If you would like to restore this item, please use our Live Chat feature on our Customer Support site and an agent will gladly assist you.

This email serves as formal confirmation that the Samsung Galaxy S III Marble White and any accessories you purchased for that device have been cancelled. We will be submitting a request to your bank within the next 24 hours to release the authorizations we placed on your credit card for this item. Please note that your institution's policies and procedures for processing electronic transactions will determine when these funds appear in your account and on your statement. Please save or print this email for your reference.

You will receive an email like this for each device that is cancelled.

Once again, thank you for your business, and if we may be of service to you in the future, please do not hesitate to visit us again.

To view the remainder of your order, get answers to Frequently Asked Questions, or contact our Customer Service team, please visit our Customer Support site.

Sincerely,

The Customer Service Team at OfficeMax

Reading the device details, this looks like a non-LTE version?

crowe1130 said:   Reading the device details, this looks like a non-LTE version?
  Correct.
Samsung Galaxy S III LTE Marble White       

The Samsung Galaxy S III for T-Mobile is a 4G LTE, Android super-smartphone.
YOUR PRICE: $454.99     with a new T-Mobile account
Samsung Galaxy S III Marble White       

The Samsung Galaxy S III for T-Mobile is a 4G, Android super-smartphone.
YOUR PRICE: $79.99     with a new T-Mobile account 

http://www.officemaxwireless.com/content/t-mobile/

^ not LTE

I tried adding to cart and start checkout, and it says the price is 79.99 with "SImple Choice - No Contract" $50

So worst case looks like it's gonna be 79.99 + 50 = 130 (assuming we can cancel after 1 month).

Can anybody confirm?

The OfficeMax webpages have type-o's all over the place.   The details say the phone is model # SPHL710, which is the Sprint CDMA version.  If that's true it won't work with T-Mobile.

T-Mobile has 2 variants of the phone, model # SGH-T999 and SGH-T999L, you want the SGH-T999L model for LTE support.

I would try if someone confirm as no contract

JarginAU said:   There is no such thing as a non-LTE version of the S3. This is a type-o on the website. Clicking on device details for both phones list them as the same model #: SPHL710
  Yes, there are two versions of the T-Mobile Galaxy s3. The LTE and the non LTE version

thanhhoandang said:   
JarginAU said:   There is no such thing as a non-LTE version of the S3. This is a type-o on the website. Clicking on device details for both phones list them as the same model #: SPHL710
  Yes, there are two versions of the T-Mobile Galaxy s3. The LTE and the non LTE version

You are correct, thank you for catching my mistake.  I have updated with the correct T-Mobile versions.

If you choose "replacement phone" price goes up to $620. Had me drooling for a second.

I already have a T Mobile Plan with four lines.  I wonder if I could simply add a new line to my existing plan to buy this phone, and then cancel one of the other lines.

StevenColorado said:   I already have a T Mobile Plan with four lines.  I wonder if I could simply add a new line to my existing plan to buy this phone, and then cancel one of the other lines.
  That sounds like it would work, but if your plan is like mine, you will be cancelling a $5 or $10 per month plan and adding a $50 per month plan.  

No activation fee and $50 for a month. No shipping, so $80 + $50 + tax < $150 which is a good deal for a brand new Galaxy S3, assuming you cancel service after 1 month. Don't know why everyone is negging it?

Edit:  Unfortunately the deal is now gone.

"The offer you selected is no longer available."

<deleted> dupe post

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014