• Go to page :
  • 1 23
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

screen shot
Disclaimer
link to the ssd  

1) log in to your American Express account and add the YMMV TigerDirect offer :30 statement credits if you buy 100+.

2) go purchase the SSD using your American Express card

math: 159.99 - 30 rebate - 30 credits = $99.99 + tax if any + S&H

3) You should able to see the "Now until Monday, 12/16: Receive an extra $20 rebate by mail
on your $100 TigerDirect purchase" (see attached screen shot if you have no clue where to find)

math: 99.99 - 20 rebate = 79.99 + tax if any + S&H

order it asap as the SSD Rebate expired on Dec 12th!!!!
order it asap as the Single Purchase 100+ rebate expired on Dec 16th

Member Summary

Intel SSDSC2BW240A4K5
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Mine says shipped. Fingers crossed...

MagicalDeck (Dec. 14, 2013 @ 2:37a) |

The product page always indicated (every time I looked) 'in stock' as it does even now.

They shipped my mid-afternoon Thu... (more)

itsausername (Dec. 14, 2013 @ 1:46p) |

Did you receive your package?
Mine tracking always shows on the way to deliver from local facility. still not received it... (more)

monkeykey (Dec. 27, 2013 @ 4:17p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Wasn't in my AMEX list of offers.

Is this only specific AMEX cards? I didn't see any offers anywhere for my blue account...

If you're willing to do the Total Defense rebate, there's also this

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=8699256&csid=_22 

MrBNatural said:   Is this only specific AMEX cards? I didn't see any offers anywhere for my blue account...
  Me too

Wasn't in my AMEX list of offers also.

I thought an AE card was something on the motherboard.

shows in my amex gold AE...

Bagofchips said:   I thought an AE card was something on the motherboard.
  lol. me too!

got it for $110 after rebate with free shipping today...

Time to get an Amex just for this...

Almondtofu said:   If you're willing to do the Total Defense rebate, there's also this

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=8699256&csid=_22  

This does not have free shipping, the drive by itself does. Plus the $60 rebate from Total Defense is a crap shoot, See here

I am not getting any option for free shipping unless you join their membership club ($79).

JJordan said:   I am not getting any option for free shipping unless you join their membership club ($79).
If you are in an apartment, make sure you put your full address (including the apartment number) in line 1. I just had to do chat support with them on this. Turns out if you have a 2 line address they assume it is not residential and doesn't qualify. Yeah, there stupid address page says to put apartment numbers in line 2, they know, they don't care.

JJordan said:   I am not getting any option for free shipping unless you join their membership club ($79).
  You don't see FREE SHIPPING TODAY written in red in the middle of the listing?  Or you do but you're just not getting it?

rseiler said:   
  You don't see FREE SHIPPING TODAY written in red in the middle of the listing?  Or you do but you're just not getting it?

It is there in the listing, but not free when I check  $7.28

Address change fixed it - thanks

I can't find the offer in my AE account either. Can someone give a quick step by step procedure to finding the offers?

Belay that, I found it. Thanks OP.

thanks OP. ordered 1.

I guess this'll be the beginning of a new gaming rig build!

Dang it! Bit on more expensive Crucial M500. Wish I had waited.

This is just another rehash of this thread-- http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1314913/  , based on a single product that the OP is applying the AMEX sync discount to.  I suppose we could post 15,000 such "deals" by going through the entire TD catalog of $100+ items, and noting that you have to use the AMEX sync offer to actually make it a deal... but then we'd all be wading through 15,000 posts of nonsense.  Instead, maybe we can all decide what we want to buy on our own, and then apply the $30 credit from this thread-- http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1314913/ 

I guess this item isn't Shoprunner eligible (2-day shipping), though I can't seem to find any that are on TD. Where is it supposed to indicate that it is?

Worked for me. I received an email from AMEX immediately after the purchase. Great deal, thanks OP!

AMEX said: Dear: Cardmember

Thank you for using your enrolled American Express® Card ending in
xxxxx at TIGER DIRECTCOM.

great deal considering the drive has recently been a "hot deal" at $150 on Amazon...rebate works good, if not, not too bad.

Excellent - Bought 1. This is better than the $149 deals from BF on this drive and well under my 50 cent per GB threshold at this price.  I immediately got an email from AmEx thanking me for my qualifying offer purchase so I expect the extra AmEx rebate will come through too.

Also, if you have any relatives or other trusted people in a state where Tiger doesn't charge tax, you can ship there to save the sales tax.

AR after rebate in title would be helpful

labboypro said:   This is just another rehash of this thread-- http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1314913/   , based on a single product that the OP is applying the AMEX sync discount to.  I suppose we could post 15,000 such "deals" by going through the entire TD catalog of $100+ items, and noting that you have to use the AMEX sync offer to actually make it a deal... but then we'd all be wading through 15,000 posts of nonsense.  Instead, maybe we can all decide what we want to buy on our own, and then apply the $30 credit from this thread-- http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1314913/  

I disagree ... as I am wandering around TD looking for something to use my $30 off with ... OP posts a great deal on an SSD that becomes a fantastic deal. The other 15K+ deals in the entire TD catalog do not necessarily become fantastic deals with the $30 off.  I appreciate the OP finding this great way to use the $30 off for me.  I kinda thought that was the whole idea of this site.

sadly...I ordered too early thus being charged the shipping

updates: after talked with TD they refunded me the shipping!

ForSpud said:   
labboypro said:   This is just another rehash of this thread-- http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1314913/   , based on a single product that the OP is applying the AMEX sync discount to.  I suppose we could post 15,000 such "deals" by going through the entire TD catalog of $100+ items, and noting that you have to use the AMEX sync offer to actually make it a deal... but then we'd all be wading through 15,000 posts of nonsense.  Instead, maybe we can all decide what we want to buy on our own, and then apply the $30 credit from this thread-- http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1314913/  

I disagree ... as I am wandering around TD looking for something to use my $30 off with ... OP posts a great deal on an SSD that becomes a fantastic deal. The other 15K+ deals in the entire TD catalog do not necessarily become fantastic deals with the $30 off.  I appreciate the OP finding this great way to use the $30 off for me.  I kinda thought that was the whole idea of this site.

Yes, but the great deal is the deal... the $30 rebate off a board.  The bonus (which is a GREAT thing to discuss in the body or QS) is the OTHER deal of getting CashBack from AMEX.  It's really no different than discussing 5% CashBack from Discover through EOY for online purchases.  That is just the bonus/derivative of the deal... that only "qualified" people can do. As I posited in my initial post, I suppose we could flood the Hot Deals forum with every single "alread great deal" at TD, adding the $30 AMEX bonus on top of it... and we'd have 15,000 new threads to sift through.  Instead, we already have a thread that says "buy whatever you want at TD and get $30 back from AMEX" ... and it seems we're all smart enough (or maybe not??) to decide which of the 15,000 deals at TD we want to use our $30 AMEX offer on... or our 5% ShopDiscover CB offer on... or spend that gift card we have socketed away for a rainy day on.

labboypro said:   
ForSpud said:   

Yes, but the great deal is the deal... the $30 rebate off a board.  The bonus (which is a GREAT thing to discuss in the body or QS) is the OTHER deal of getting CashBack from AMEX.  It's really no different than discussing 5% CashBack from Discover through EOY for online purchases.  That is just the bonus/derivative of the deal... that only "qualified" people can do. As I posited in my initial post, I suppose we could flood the Hot Deals forum with every single "alread great deal" at TD, adding the $30 AMEX bonus on top of it... and we'd have 15,000 new threads to sift through.  Instead, we already have a thread that says "buy whatever you want at TD and get $30 back from AMEX" ... and it seems we're all smart enough (or maybe not??) to decide which of the 15,000 deals at TD we want to use our $30 AMEX offer on... or our 5% ShopDiscover CB offer on... or spend that gift card we have socketed away for a rainy day on.

Both of your points are valid, however I for one, am glad he posted under a new deal since I have topic notifications for 'ssd' but not 'amex'.

in for 1 (thanks op)

Thanks op...ordered one with my AMEX.

Anyone know if there is a good tutorial YouTube video on how I can copy my current hard drive to Intel 530 SSD?

docjoo said:   Thanks op...ordered one with my AMEX.

Anyone know if there is a good tutorial YouTube video on how I can copy my current hard drive to Intel 530 SSD?

The process is called "cloning."  The first thing is to connect both old HD and new SSD at the same time.  If you have a laptop, that means you probably need a USB hard drive adapter or enclosure so you can connect the SSD via USB while the original drive is still in the laptop (or vice versa I guess).  If you have a desktop, you can probably just plug both in at the same time if you have enough cables.

Once are both connected at the same time, then you need to run cloning software.  There are various free and paid software packages to do this.  One of the free ones is called Clonezilla.  It is not particularly user-friendly but it often works.  I used it a few times to clone Windows 8 hard drive to hard drive and it worked fine (but you need to get the latest version of Clonezilla).  Basically, you're downloading Clonezilla and burning it to a CD or using a USB flash drive instead - and then you boot the CD or the flash drive and run the software that way.  Then follow the instructions.  When done, power off, unplug the old HD, and boot the SSD.

Some say cloning a HD to SSD isn't a great idea because it may not place the sectors optimally on the SSD, but I'm not sure that's true with modern SSDs.

Not sure of any videos but if you go YouTube and search for "clonezilla" I'm sure you'll find a few.

labboypro said: Instead, maybe we can all decide what we want to buy on our own

This is FW, we need to be told what to buy, and without question!

Where the heck do you find the offer on Amex site? Could someone post instructions for finding the offer?

docjoo said:   Thanks op...ordered one with my AMEX.

Maybe try this? Link

I bookmarked the page long before I upgraded, and though its not YouTube, it's factual information (I hear doctors like that sort of thing..)

Thanks OP.

In for 1,thanks op

Skipping 45 Messages...
itsausername said:   They shipped my mid-afternoon Thursday order via "UPS surepost".  I selected the cheapest/slowest option for shipping.  The tracking shows that the package began its journey from Chicago Friday morning and arrived at my local UPS facility later that evening.  Maybe it will show up this Monday. 
Did you receive your package?
Mine tracking always shows on the way to deliver from local facility. still not received it.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014