QUICK LINKS
MY ACCOUNT
Cash Pending:
Cash Available:
Payment Requested:
Payment Processed:
Lifetime Cash Back:

Roku 3 Streaming Video Player w/ Roku App, Remote & Headphones - refurbished $69.99 w/FS @ 1 Sale

First page
1 of 2
WikiPost
12/4/13 11:13 PM
By the way, it is a REFURB
Roku 3 Streaming Video Player [ image/jpeg - 158.40kB ]
milkandcookies
12/5/13 1:13 AM
1SAD.  If this was Newegg I would go for it.  On the fence.
vistaluck
12/5/13 2:38 AM
just 1 question...how many free channels can we actually get from Roku 3? Is it even better to put a big antenna on the roof and get more free channels? Or buy the Roku 3 for 70 and then still have to pay $8 month to get more channels than you ever needed?

Take a look at this South Park cable company - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6G-wNyIxzM  
Marlin1975
12/5/13 6:48 AM
Roku 3 free good channels are PBS (history, kids shows, etc...) and Crackle (a movie channel with commercials). You can also watch Conan for free and other channels as well.

I just recently signed up for Amazon prime. They had a special and I got in for $5 a month.
I also use OTA digital for my local channels and 4 big ones.

These are not really refurbished. What they do is reset them to factory and send back out if they turn on. The problem is the Roku's have issues where they get slow and can freeze after returning from sleep. To get around it I turned off my screen saver so it stays on all the time. After I did that mine doe not slow down anymore.
cyberpitstop
12/5/13 9:11 AM
I love my Roku but how in the hell do they have soooooo many friggin refurbs??????????????
Roku 3 hasn't been out that long.
By the way if your on the fence about a Roku Box look into the free Roku private channels some are GREAT!!!!
kaveh2k
12/5/13 9:13 AM
newbie question here and considering a Roku to cut my cable but can I view music channels (mtv,vh1,fuse) and news channels (nbc,fox, cbs) and any cable channel with a Roku?

rurallaw
12/5/13 10:11 AM
I know of one cable company that allows the Roku to be used as a cheap cable box-TimeWarner, but you have to subscribe to local channels.  I don't have cable, so I don't know how well it works.
MTV, VH1, Fuse -- no official channel.  Alternative music channel that is available would be VEVO. There are lots of music channels, but not many with video.  http://www.roku.com/channels/#!browse/music/by-popular 
New channels--I think Fox new is available, and the description says live stream.  Most are clips.  http://www.roku.com/channels/#!browse/news-and-weather/by-popula... The only live stream I've actually tried is CNN International. 
Certain channels also require a cable subscription in order to receive through the Roku.  Examples is ESPN.com (depending on your internet provider as TimeWarner blocks if you only have internet as I do), HBOGo, etc.  I'd love to get ESPN.com, but it's not worth $50 per month to me (cheapest cable package with ESPN.com).

I have 3 Rokus one LT and two HD.  I also use OTA anntenna.  I recently bought the Simple.TV as well for DVR functions (It's ok, but not so simple that I'd recommend to people actually looking for something simple, like my parents, if you know what I mean, but they are supposed to be updating the firmware soon...)  I also use PLEX and PlayOn.  I'm very happy, except when my Ky Wildcats basketball is playing on ESPN.com.......then it's date night to a sports bar.
kaveh2k
12/5/13 10:23 AM
thanks rurallaw
Marlin1975
12/5/13 11:38 AM
cyberpitstop said:   

I love my Roku but how in the hell do they have soooooo many friggin refurbs??????????????
Roku 3 hasn't been out that long.
By the way if your on the fence about a Roku Box look into the free Roku private channels some are GREAT!!!!

People buy them thinking they get free Netflix, HOB, etc... and not that its s streaming box.

I think there is plenty of good free channels myself but many expect more from it or don't understand and just return it. They sell it at Costco and Amazon so easy returns.
First page
1 of 2
Please select a reason for your RED vote:

You may be contacted via Private Message during the investigation of this issue.