• 1 23
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Lowes Deal STAPLES B&M
Disclaimer
see photo

Staples
See Staples coupons that earn Up to 2.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

lowes
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
for those that do not know and future knowledge... at the bottom of the Staples gift card display, on 1 side is a pull o... (more)

camar0 (Dec. 11, 2013 @ 6:51a) |

This is dead correct?

stupidfool (Dec. 12, 2013 @ 2:20p) |

Correct.

nick555 (Dec. 12, 2013 @ 4:40p) |

It appears to be $10 off $50+ cards. There is also a promotion on their list that says you get $10 off if you buy 2 $25 cards.
Worked in Sacramento, CA.
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I recall Lowes GCs can be used other GCs at their store... can anyone confirm this?

u-check outs are your friend

Save 25% I'm in  -  thanks

psxzombie said:   I recall Lowes GCs can be used other GCs at their store... can anyone confirm this?
  not according to the thread in FW Finance

wtjc said:   Save 25% I'm in  -  thanks
  errrrr, ummm, well.... save 20%

heath11 said:   

LOL...

heath11 said:   wtjc said:   Save 25% I'm in  -  thanks

Save 20% or get 25% free... You pick

tax on GC?

CheapAzn said:   tax on GC?

no, only when you use it instore (tax on the merchandise you buy with it)

fyi.. There is no 5% Rewards for buying GC and no Tax on GC purchase.
I bought JCP GC couple of weeks before when they had similar sale and no rewards earned is 0.

mxf said:   
heath11 said:   

Save 20% or get 25% free... You pick

I couldn't resist, my heavy sarcasm habit got the best of me today!  

Can't use rewards or Staples GC for these, correct?

dhilpert said:   Can't use rewards or Staples GC for these, correct?
  Staples GC are just like cash when paying for these.
ETA: Although I have been able to, this might be YMMV (see posts below); worth a try but be prepared to be shot down.

fwuser12 said:   

Not true, Staples GC's cannot (by their corporate policy) be used on Gift Cards. If the cashier accepts it, you are just lucky. very high YMMV, and please, don't give people incorrect advice/info.

MISTERCHEAP said:   
fwuser12 said:   

Not true, Staples GC's cannot (by their corporate policy) be used on Gift Cards. If the cashier accepts it, you are just lucky. very high YMMV, and please, don't give people incorrect advice/info.

This is the plastic GC that can be used only in store that we are talking about correct?
I have always been able to use it --- as recently as the BF Visa/MC purchase. Maybe I was lucky and this is YMMV but it certainly is possible.

fwuser12 said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   
fwuser12 said:   

This is the plastic GC that can be used only in store that we are talking about correct?
I have always been able to use it --- as recently as the BF Visa/MC purchase. Maybe I was lucky and this is YMMV but it certainly is possible.

Possible, agree, but not allowed, so you can easily be shot down.

fwuser12 said:   

Sidebar: Staples GCs can be used in store and online as of last month. http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/deal-discussion/1315029/ 

labboypro said:   Sidebar: Staples GCs can be used in store and online as of last month. http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/deal-discussion/1315029/  

Thanks for that alert; didnt know that.

MISTERCHEAP said:   see photo
  Where did you get that from?  I am curious if its nationwide or local.  I don't see that on the 12/8 weekly ad online.

Limit one per order? So if you need a $2000 purchase you could do forty of these in separate orders.

psxzombie said:   I recall Lowes GCs can be used other GCs at their store... can anyone confirm this?
  No! you cannot buy gift cards with Lowes card. With Home improvement cards YES! but not with Lowes' gift card.

JamesTKirk said:   Limit one per order? So if you need a $2000 purchase you could do forty of these in separate orders.

pretty dopey comment. I think you can get away with a few on one visit (3,4 or 5 max), but not 40 on the same visit to one Staples. However, can probably manage to do 10-20 total if you have the time and go back and forth over the two days to different Staples locations if you have a few close by.

toenailsmasher said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   see photo
  Where did you get that from?  I am curious if its nationwide or local.  I don't see that on the 12/8 weekly ad online.

I drew it on my Staples  etch-a-sketch  don't worry, it's nationwide.

Thanks again MR C for posting yet another great deal!
I don't even want to think about what FW would be without you.

damn....does anyone know of a way I can get away with buying a lot of these other than visiting multiple Staples stores? You think they would possibly give me 5 in one visit? and then like, give 5 to every person in my family I bring along to a Staples? Any tips? Thanks.

DaRkJaWs9 said:   damn....does anyone know of a way I can get away with buying a lot of these other than visiting multiple Staples stores? You think they would possibly give me 5 in one visit? and then like, give 5 to every person in my family I bring along to a Staples? Any tips? Thanks.

you can definitely get one per person. Keep in mind, each requires a new transaction, so you are talking about tying up a register for a good amount of time which won't be very considerate of other customers and will likley piss off a manager. So I wouldn't press my luck with getting 5 per person. Perhaps 2 per person is reasonable. Then go to another Staples and do the same thing. You can come back the next day too since it's a 2 days sale.

alanmax said:   Thanks again MR C for posting yet another great deal!

Slim Pickens. com?

StinkPot said:   
  No! you cannot buy gift cards with Lowes card. With Home improvement cars YEs! but not with Lowes' gift card.

Found this out a few weeks ago - bummer!

Dano

DaRkJaWs9 said:   damn....does anyone know of a way I can get away with buying a lot of these other than visiting multiple Staples stores? You think they would possibly give me 5 in one visit? and then like, give 5 to every person in my family I bring along to a Staples? Any tips? Thanks.

Go when it's slow.  take a couple up to the register, tell the cashier you want to do two separate transactions.  Don't make a big deal out of or act like you are doing anything wrong.  If it goes smooth, walk out, come back in, grab 2 more and go up and say " i should grab a couple more while I'm here".  I think the key is if you act like you are doing something wrong, it draws questions and attention, which makes the cashier wonder if THEY are doing something wrong as well by letting you 

Slim Pickens
Disclaimer
MISTERCHEAP said:   
alanmax said:   Thanks again MR C for posting yet another great deal!

Slim Pickens. com?

None in my store when they opened this morning. They had EVERY other type of gift card including Home Depot. Made me wonder if the staff took them all.

c3688t said:   None in my store when they opened this morning. They had EVERY other type of gift card including Home Depot. Made me wonder if the staff took them all.

Yep. Kind of reminds me of the CVS all mysteriously being out of PayPal MasterCard's (AKA locked in the safe until after sale!)

went this morning and had no issues getting all of their cards on 1 receipt... even cashier was like, how did you know about discount... I was like it was in the ad... hah...

$50 card rang up $40, $200 card rang up $190 ... didn't get to try $25 but will later...

MISTERCHEAP said:   
JamesTKirk said:   Limit one per order? So if you need a $2000 purchase you could do forty of these in separate orders.

pretty dopey comment. I think you can get away with a few on one visit (3,4 or 5 max), but not 40 on the same visit to one Staples. However, can probably manage to do 10-20 total if you have the time and go back and forth over the two days to different Staples locations if you have a few close by.

I got 14 on same receipt no issues

camar0 said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   

I stand corrected then, didn't think their registers would be programmed to allow more than 1 per receipt.

MISTERCHEAP said:   
camar0 said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   

I stand corrected then, didn't think their registers would be programmed to allow more than 1 per receipt.

me either but when he kept going I was like who hoo!

Is this regional? Tried in the bay area store, and the $50 Lowes price check is still $50.

Just got 4 $50 on one receipt no issue. Cashier said it was supposed to be one per but since they were scanning she said she had no problem ringing them all up together. Probably going to go back for more.

Skipping 42 Messages...
Correct.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014