• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

LEGO MINDSTORMS EV3 Building Set with $50 eGift Card @ Walmart - $349.95
Free Shipping!

Challenge your child's LEGO building acumen with this Lego MINDSTORMS EV3 Building Set, which features Lego's signature blocks combining with advanced technology for several stunning models. Walmart has this set bundled with a $50 gift card plus free shipping.

(FatWallet Deal Hunter staff posts are certified ad-free. No money, bribes, or candy have been accepted.)

Member Summary

LEGO MINDSTORMS EV3 Building Set with $50 eGift Card
Thanks Virgil27
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
yes, absolutely, you can use any method of payment that your local WalMart accepts

maxud (Dec. 13, 2013 @ 8:14p) |

Very nice, you think an 8 year old would already be able to use it? Why did we not have toys like this when I was small ... (more)

GermanExpat (Dec. 13, 2013 @ 9:00p) |

Just ordered online, paid with combination of gift cards and CC--order shows up as being processed to arrive by Dec. 20 ... (more)

angieck (Dec. 14, 2013 @ 2:32p) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

super deal! Never seen it cheaper then $349

Wish they made stuff like this when I was a kid!

jiveturkey said:   Wish they made stuff like this when I was a kid!
† I know, right? The closest thing they had to this when I was a kid was Technix. That's why I was so excited when I found it (not that I'd have either the aptitude nor the patience to put something like this together today).,

Thanks! Perfect timing, got one.

Thanks.We normally don't see a deal for these kits.

n/m

Not cancelled yet. But why?

maxud said:   Thanks! Perfect timing, got one.
My order keeps getting cancelled.
Anybody successfully bought this?

My order also got cancelled thrice .I tried different credit cards. Spoke with the WalMart CS, but no use.

srinidesque said:   My order also got cancelled thrice .I tried different credit cards. Spoke with the WalMart CS, but no use.
My order was also cancelled.†

What did the WalMart CS say about why it's being cancelled?... Just curious.

srinidesque said:   My order also got cancelled thrice .I tried different credit cards. Spoke with the WalMart CS, but no use.
My order got canceled 4 times! WTF, how do you even speak to CS at WalMart? I just emailed them.
The cancellations keep stating that due to error processing payment information, they cancel the order.

Mine got cancelled a 3rd time. WalMart CS are clueless. They can place an order for you (usually will ask you to do it yourself) but there is no guarantee that the order will go through.

Received an email. The order is cancelled as well.

ShiSanDian said:   my order went through. I used paypal for payment
† Go to WalMart.com and check your order status. The gift card gets cancelled first, and then shortly there after the entire order gets canned.

I hate WalMart right now

WalMart CS is clueless.They tell us the same message which is displayed in online order status.Spoke with useless superviser also. My Paypal order was also cancelled.

ShiSanDian said:   my order went through. I used paypal for payment
I also paid using PayPal & my order went through, but was shortly followed up with another email stating that my order has been canceled due to error processing payment information.

Wait a few minutes & please report back.

I tried 5 times...order got cancelled...spoke to two different CS they said check with ur CC company.

I spent the entire morning and tried five times using different credit cards. ALL GOT CANCELLED. WTF.

same here. tried ordering with 4 different cc after experiencing, confirmation email and then cancellation email. spoke to financial institution, no problem on their side.

Have any orders went through?

If you are having the same issues, please post.

Tried with 3 different cards, all cancelled

I had the same problem when trying to order the Powerwheels bundle (another "best Deal" today. There is something strange going on with their order processing system.

Got a cancellation.

I did BillMeLater as a payment, it is not cancelled yet, but I think it would just take more time for it to happen.

May be a long shot, but I submitted a lower price with Amazon.

geniusgenius said:   same here. tried ordering with 4 different cc after experiencing, confirmation email and then cancellation email. spoke to financial institution, no problem on their side.

Have any orders went through?

If you are having the same issues, please post.

Also called my financial institution... They stated that the charge went through with no problems.

I think it's definitely on WalMart's side... Maybe they don't want to honor the deal?... IDK.†

Did anyone actually have a successful order placed?†

in4two said:   May be a long shot, but I submitted a lower price with Amazon.
† please respond with their response.

Definitely an issue on WalMart end, my CC company said charge went through and then was refunded.

glad I checked here, my 1st order got cancelled, was gonna use paypal to do the 2nd try, seems like it would be the same result.
I'll wait then, WalMart such a shame....

cancelled also with note that "payment could net be verified". as with everyone else, there was no problem on the bank's end

got the cancellation email. I logged in to the WalMart site and checked the transactions in my account. only the gift card shows as cancelled. The EV3 shows as processing (at least for now). Followed the link to customer service about the cancelled gift card and submitted a question.

Ordered online, picked Cash option for payment while checking out. Went to the nearest WalMart with the order and paid it with credit card. I assume this worked, because I didn't receive cancelled email.I received my egift card via email.The below is the status for my LEGO EV3

Your order is being processed. It will arrive on Wednesday, 12/18/2013.

I didn't see the option for Store Pickup during the check out process (even it says it is an option on the product page).

oweowe said:   I didn't see the option for Store Pickup during the check out process (even it says it is an option on the product page).
† same here, try as I might, I did not find a way to pickup the product in store.
However the option to pay in Cash (same as in store in person) is on the payment page of the checkout.
It makes a product reservation in the system and requires a visit to the store and paying in person.
After successful report, I did the same thing. Will pay later today, hoping for the best.

This item is not available for store pickup or ship to store. But while checking out online(Ship to home),† you have payment options Credit/debit,paypal.....Cash.
I chose the cash option ,it means you print out the order and go to the nearest WalMart store and pay the amount by Cash/Credit Card.Once the payment is made ,you will receive the egift card in email and the LEGO will be shipped to the shipping address.

Thanks!
Do you think if this option will work through Shop Discover to get the 5% CashBack?†

srinidesque said:   This item is not available for store pickup or ship to store. But while checking out online(Ship to home),† you have payment options Credit/debit,paypal.....Cash.
I chose the cash option ,it means you print out the order and go to the nearest WalMart store and pay the amount by Cash/Credit Card.Once the payment is made ,you will receive the egift card in email and the LEGO will be shipped to the shipping address.

† I can confirm that this method works and instore, I paid by CC - I just got my $50 egift card by email which can be used in store or online. Thanks†srinidesque!†

Brilliant workaroudn, srinidesque. I'll have to remember this in case there is any issue with any future purchase I might make there.

I ordered online at around 1:30 CST, appears to have went through (wed).

Skipping 22 Messages...
Just ordered online, paid with combination of gift cards and CC--order shows up as being processed to arrive by Dec. 20 and I got $75 gift card by email already. YAY!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014