• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
These devices allow you to have direct network connection using your house wiring.  Plug these to a wall socket, one near your router and another at your device and you can have full Ethernet connection.  Speeds dependent on house wiring setup.

Lowest price ever for these two units.  Typically $40 for the pair.  I've been using this system for about two years now.  Here's a tip on these... even if the connection indicator is flashing red you can still get a great connection.  I've watched it randomly change from flashing red to solid red to flashing green to solid green  then back to red all day long.

Amazon Link 

BTW, my WD Live Player loves this thing.  No problems at all.

Hurry before the inevitable Amazon price jumps...

Member Summary

Actiontec PWR511K01
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

These were a $20 lightning deal yesterday

Sorry. I guess these are for those who missed it? Yesterday?

I've used these things a few times with great success. PowerLine doesn't work everywhere, but where it works, these Actiontec devices have been great. 

For the money it's worth a shot, my personal experience is that I've upgraded from earlier Netgear(100mbps) to Linksys(200mbps) and only until I've gone to the current Zyxel (500mbps) that they are almost acceptable for regular streaming throughout the house. Of course one may possibly attribute this to my power lines but I assure you this is a fairly modern house (less than 20 years old) and I've looked at the install through out and believe everything is well within the design tolerance.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014