• 1 2
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Credit to yuugotserved @ SD.

This will probably sell out fast...

http://www.groupon.com/deals/shell-national-wilmington-newark 

This is available in a few other cities as well! Simply search for them Just like ritzy did!
ritzy344 said:   Available for Louisville, OH too.
http://www.groupon.com/deals/shell-national-louisville

Expires Dec 31st, 2018. Limit 1/person. Not valid with promotional codes, gift codes, or Groupon Bucks. Do not present Groupon directly at Shell locations; must present Shell Gift Card, which will arrive via mail

Other cities: (PLEASE POST THEM TO THE "QS" IF/AS YOU FIND THEM!!!)

http://www.groupon.com/deals/shell-national-ogden 
http://www.groupon.com/deals/shell-national-louisville 
http://www.groupon.com/deals/shell-national-new-orleans

Groupon
See Groupon discounts that earn 3.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Related Deals   People who viewed this deal also viewed these similar deals.

Member Summary

Gas Gift Card (38.93kB)
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Anyone received their 11/14/13 purchase cards yet. It's been 45 days and i still haven't received mines.

givememoredeals (Dec. 30, 2013 @ 10:17a) |

See this thread for MUCH discussion-- http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/expired-deals/1313930/

labboypro (Dec. 30, 2013 @ 11:08a) |

After being jerked around for over a month ("verify your shipping address and we'll re-ship"), they say "since the deal ... (more)

embedit (Feb. 06, 2014 @ 6:15a) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Sold out.

rated:

rated:
Thanks OP, just goty last one in the mail!

rated:
If you get any bonus from Groupon for referrals, I am not a member (or whatever).

rated:
I'm in for 1. Thanks ritzy344 

rated:
Also available here:
Layton, UT

rated:
Still available in different cities. I bought 3 about an hr ago.

rated:
Didnt find any at this time.

ttp://www.groupon.com/deals/shell-natwow
This deal is invitation-only. Only those who've received a designated email are eligible to purchase it.
Only first time Groupon customers and valid recipients of Groupon email offer are permitted to purchase. Deal cannot be purchased with promotional codes, gift codes, or Groupon Bucks. If you violate these terms, Groupon will refund your purchase and close your Groupon account.

rated:
Got One, Now Sold Out !

rated:
sold out in houston, tx

rated:
Any other cities still working?

rated:
Not for me

rated:
Working for Philadelphia. That would be in Pennsylvania, for those that don't know.

rated:
Be aware that many of us have been waiting for 3-4 weeks for previous Shell GCs from Groupon we've already paid for.  Be prepared to wait, wait, wait, ask for updates, argue, and possibly chargeback on your cc.

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/expired-deals/1313930/ 

and

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/topic_view.php?catid=74&threadid=1316203&start=30 

rated:
labboypro said:   Be aware that many of us have been waiting for 3-4 weeks for previous Shell GCs from Groupon we've already paid for.  Be prepared to wait, wait, wait, ask for updates, argue, and possibly chargeback on your cc.

and

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/topic_view.php?catid=74&threadid=1316203&start=30 

Got mine about a week ago. Showed up in a standard envelope, hardly sealed. Glad the GC was still in there, but it arrived quickly. I purchased only 1 card.

rated:
rhino850 said:   
labboypro said:   Be aware that many of us have been waiting for 3-4 weeks for previous Shell GCs from Groupon we've already paid for.  Be prepared to wait, wait, wait, ask for updates, argue, and possibly chargeback on your cc.

and

Got mine about a week ago. Showed up in a standard envelope, hardly sealed. Glad the GC was still in there, but it arrived quickly. I purchased only 1 card.

The problem seems to be if you buy more than one city's offer. I bought 2, got 1 and waiting for the other, and that seems to be the standard MO when they do these deals.

Now the question is, if I buy another one now, will it count as one from a new offer, or a 3rd from the last one. Actually, I guess the correct answer is to buy one in my wife's name, on her Groupon account. Or just not to bother, for $4.

rated:
billrubin said:   
... Or just not to bother, for $4.

I think this is where I am after the last 2 Groupon offers.  I've currently got $36 and time in a $10 GC, and while I won't have to eat the $30 I've been charged if they don't deliver, I'll have to spend more time undoing it with cc chargebacks.  I think the lesson for me is Groupon is VERY poorly run, so don't bother.  For those who've had better success with them, great... but my experiences thus far have been about the same... crappy.

rated:
Me likey +

rated:
Pretty shady of them to deliver one card and then just pretend the other purchases never even happened.

rated:

and

right, not ordering another GC from them, haven't gotten a single one of the 6 I ordered in Nov yet.

rated:
labboypro said:   ...  I think the lesson for me is Groupon is VERY poorly run, so don't bother.  For those who've had better success with them, great... but my experiences thus far have been about the same... crappy.

Not sure its poorly run, but its an incentive for new customers, not new email addresses. These deals always have been. They likely have to do some database work to see who is deserving of the offer.

rated:
JaxFL said:   
Not sure its poorly run, but its an incentive for new customers, not new email addresses. These deals always have been. They likely have to do some database work to see who is deserving of the offer.

I get your point, but I'm clicking on a public link, logged into my Groupon account.  I have never given them different email addresses, mailing addresses, or credit cards (I've only ever used either my Amex or my Discover for every purchase I've ever made from them).  I am not claiming to be a different person... I'm just clicking on a publicly available link and buying the item they are offering.  They have every opportunity to decline my purchase... but they don't get to take the money and then ask me to jump through hoops without being called out for it.

However, I disagree somewhat with your characterization of the offer as "an incentive for new customers."  Groupon's very business model is to sell people highly discounted offers.  That's what this is.  

rated:
MISTERCHEAP said:   

and

right, not ordering another GC from them, haven't gotten a single one of the 6 I ordered in Nov yet.

I mine a week ago. Just confirming they have been mailing out some.

rated:
Wow, they had 3,000 Keurig Vue V600 for $99.00 but only had 730 Shell gift cards? Cheap-ass gas companies!

rated:
fpsmania said:   Pretty shady of them to deliver one card and then just pretend the other purchases never even happened.
Once they've charged you, that is. I wouldn't mind if the rest of the orders disappeared and weren't charged.

rated:
labboypro said:   
billrubin said:   

I think this is where I am after the last 2 Groupon offers.  I've currently got $36 and time in a $10 GC, and while I won't have to eat the $30 I've been charged if they don't deliver, I'll have to spend more time undoing it with cc chargebacks.  I think the lesson for me is Groupon is VERY poorly run, so don't bother.  For those who've had better success with them, great... but my experiences thus far have been about the same... crappy.

I was pretty much in the same scenario as you, so I sent an email to customer support to check what happened to my 6 missing shell cards (it's been more than 14 bus. days for all of them). I got an email today from them stating this: 
"Hello,For the safety and security of Groupon, we often review accounts for potential risks. Upon reviewing your account, we encountered a violation of our Terms of Service and closed the account. This decision cannot be appealed. Please discontinue use of our website and our services immediately and note that we are preserving all rights to pursue further action -- should it be necessary -- to preserve the integrity of our program and the best interests of our company."

So I had to call Amex to file a dispute and they credited my account. Looks like they're playing hardball now (with me anyway). I think it's pretty sad they won't even tell me what I violated and cancelled my account outright w/o crediting back my unfulfilled purchases. I like the threat included in the email "that they are preserving all rights to pursue further action". For the record, I did get my first GC purchase mailed to me. 

rated:
Has anyone gone directly to the CC company first to dispute the charges without contacting Groupon first? Did Groupon nuke your account subsequently? It looks like emailing them first will certainly get you banned. I guess I should either use the vouchers for other stuff first or be prepared to be banned and dispute those charges as well.

rated:
JonathanC123 said:   Has anyone gone directly to the CC company first to dispute the charges without contacting Groupon first? Did Groupon nuke your account subsequently? It looks like emailing them first will certainly get you banned. I guess I should either use the vouchers for other stuff first or be prepared to be banned and dispute those charges as well.
  Based on what I got from my Fidelity Amex (FIA card services), when I checked into disputing these charges, they require you to contact Groupon's 800 # to work it out with them first. When I called, the Groupon rep stated the only way to resolve this was though email only w/the specific person. When I tried the other options for after contacting them for further help, it led me right back to Groupon's 800 # again. So I called FIA's customer support for disputes and they immediately credited back the charges since I was a member in good standing  

rated:
JonathanC123 said:   Has anyone gone directly to the CC company first to dispute the charges without contacting Groupon first? Did Groupon nuke your account subsequently? It looks like emailing them first will certainly get you banned. I guess I should either use the vouchers for other stuff first or be prepared to be banned and dispute those charges as well.
I'm curious whether others have been banned as well. Maybe it was just because the poster did 6 of them that they considered it excessive. I certainly agree that you want to use your other vouchers, or else I guess you can gift them to someone else first.

BTW I wonder what exactly the "violation of our Terms of Service" was. I know they say you can't have more than one account per person, but do they cover situations where you buy more than one of the same deal in different cities?

rated:
I contacted Groupon through the "Contact us" link last week on one of my purchases.  They replied with a trouble ticket number (first I got the generic "we'll get back to you in 24 hours" email).  Their response was a canned, "The Fine Print of the deal states that it can take up to 14 business days for your gift card to arrive in the mail" and "please confirm your mailing address."  Of course, I already told them in my initial contact message that it had been over 14 days, and I included my shipping address... the same one that's on the Groupon order.  That was a week ago.  

I then repeated the above for the other 6 purchases I made, all using the same Groupon/email account, all with my real name and address, all with the same 2 credit cards-- AMEX and Discover.  I received 6x of the exact same canned emails.  Still no actual GCs, of course.

This is all just canned delay tactics... ala disreputable rebate houses, perhaps in hopes that frustrated buyers will just go away, or maybe we'll forget about it or die before they finally get around to fulfilling the order.  For anyone who is willing to try and make a difference, if you've had issues with Groupon, please let others know-- the BBB, your state Attorney General or "Consumer Affairs" office... somebody.  If we don't hold them accountable, they have no reason to behave appropriately.

/2 cents

rated:
It says limit 1 per customer on the main page, I would have to be completely blind to not see that. It is sold out too. I would prefer 76 or Chevron anyway. Hopefully my discover chevron comes through but $25 free gas is scraps compared to what these companies make off of us. Always reporting record profits even during recession and spiking gas prices.

rated:
rendition said:   It says limit 1 per customer on the main page, I would have to be completely blind to not see that.
I never saw the main page, but anyway I only bought one of each.

Even if they meant I can't buy similar deals that are NOT the same, the way to handle that is to deny the purchase or at least refund it shortly afterwards...not just keep my money and never deliver anything.

LivingSocial is similar to Groupon and had a similar deal at the same time, I have exactly as many of theirs as they sold me.

rated:
thc said:   
Even if they meant I can't buy similar deals that are NOT the same, the way to handle that is to deny the purchase or at least refund it shortly afterwards...not just keep my money and never deliver anything.

Absolutely correct. Normally, if you try to buy 2 of a deal and the offer limit is 1, they'll stop you from buying the second (although you can by it as a gift and it will be allowed). These were similar (but different) deals on different city's Groupon sites. If they didn't want us to be able to buy them, they should have stopped the subsequent transactions, or cancelled the orders and refunded the money when they found the problem

rated:
rendition said:   It says limit 1 per customer on the main page, I would have to be completely blind to not see that.

And I only purchased one of each separate and distinct offer they made.  In fact, Groupon also seems to believe they are different offers because each has a different Groupon offer number.  Further, if you try to buy more than 1x of a single Groupon offer (that is "limit 1"), their web cart won't let you buy it.  However, since these were different offers, their web cart DID allow us to buy 1x of each (because each was limit 1).  This isn't a case of people trying to get more than was offered or allowed.  We just want what was offered, that we ordered, that they chose to sell us, and that they have collected payment for.

rated:
Haven't seen a Shell station in years

rated:
dimsumkid said:   
labboypro said:   
billrubin said:   

I was pretty much in the same scenario as you, so I sent an email to customer support to check what happened to my 6 missing shell cards (it's been more than 14 bus. days for all of them). I got an email today from them stating this: 
"Hello,For the safety and security of Groupon, we often review accounts for potential risks. Upon reviewing your account, we encountered a violation of our Terms of Service and closed the account. This decision cannot be appealed. Please discontinue use of our website and our services immediately and note that we are preserving all rights to pursue further action -- should it be necessary -- to preserve the integrity of our program and the best interests of our company."

So I had to call Amex to file a dispute and they credited my account. Looks like they're playing hardball now (with me anyway). I think it's pretty sad they won't even tell me what I violated and cancelled my account outright w/o crediting back my unfulfilled purchases. I like the threat included in the email "that they are preserving all rights to pursue further action". For the record, I did get my first GC purchase mailed to me. 

Just thought I'd follow up on my situation and others to be aware of their tactics. I contacted Groupon about refunding my missing purchases and wanted to get more information as to why I was terminated as a customer.

Groupon's reply: 
"I just issued you a full refund back to the AMEX card for the 6 gift cards that didn't reach you yet. Please allow up to 10 business days for this to be reflected on your statement.Since you've exceeded in purchasing the Shell Groupon, we've deactivated your account. Please note that this decision is final, and this matter is considered closed." 

My reply - I still can't figure out why it seems there's a fault in your computer systems to allow my purchases to go through and you charged me for them and didn't even bother to stop the purchases mid stream if there was a problem. I had to bring it to your attention, and it appears for letting you know I had a problem, you decided to cancel my account? At some point as a company, you need to take the MAJORITY of responsible for letting a flaw in your computer systems for allowing this to happen instead of penalizing me for bringing this to your attention. Even the matter of cancelling my account, you should've identified the problem and at least given me a warning/notification that I violated your terms & conditions instead of just cancelling my account outright. 

Groupon's reply:
"Sorry for the trouble.I understand that the system allowed you to place many orders for "One $10 Shell gift card" and I apologize for this error. This has happened due to different Groupon numbers; however, the business is not processing the extra orders though the orders were successful in Groupon system. Please note that all deals on our site will always include a Fine Print which will state any limitations that may be in place. Attempts to purchase beyond those limits, or in violation of them may result in the permanent termination of your account. If you have additional questions about our Terms of Use, you can read them by going to www.groupon.com/terms. We understand that this is not your fault, we have reactivated the account and I apologize again for the mistake." 

Bottom line:  I've always been in excellent standing with them and only made less than 5 purchases ever prior to these Shell offers. It wouldn't be a hardship if I was banned since I don't use Groupon a lot, but I fought with them because I thought they were wrong in accusing me of something they missed in their computer coding upfront to limit offers and instead trying to stop the orders on the back end (fulfilling the orders). Groupon likes to take the hardball approach and aggressively pursue you when inquire about a missing order (this was my 1st time do this). The limit of 1 offer explanation Groupon seems to be implying is "1 offer across your entire buying history". I know this sounds ridiculous, since there's no wording in the fine print other than limit of 1 offer.

rated:
loomis41973 said:   Haven't seen a Shell station in years

You apparently don't live near the 14,000 US stations in operation.

http://www.shell.us/products-services/shell-for-motorists/station-locator.html? 

rated:
I finally received my card yesterday. Thanks

Skipping 4 Messages...
rated:
After being jerked around for over a month ("verify your shipping address and we'll re-ship"), they say "since the deal is over we'll issue you a refund".
I get $6 in Groupon bucks?
They still keep my money?  I don't think so.
Bye Bye Groupon.....

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014