• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Here’s what you need to do…* Head to your local WalMart store and purchase any 3 Suave Products (don’t forget to clip the coupons in the 11/17 RP or 12/8 RP or found here)
* Snap a photo of your receipt and email it to suave@drvusa.com
* You’ll then receive a code via email valid for $5 off your water, hear, or electric bill!
* And, each person/household/email/phone number may redeem up to five Utility Rewards!
* Click here for more information 

Walmart
See Walmart promo codes that earn 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Suave Products
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Thanks OP got credit on by bill today.

dirtdealer (Jan. 17, 2014 @ 12:08p) |

Is anybody else still waiting for the credit?

SlamminMOFO (Feb. 16, 2014 @ 5:06a) |

You should have gotten your credit long ago.
All of mine were credited within one week.

alanmax (Mar. 08, 2014 @ 3:33p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

What a bizarre promotional tie-in.

Since Suave products are usually around $1, I guess this is a potential $10MM transaction(?) plus the Suave

My wife was interested in this and then said "Of course, you have to go to Wal-Mart"  

Thanks MR C!

this is weird.. Do you just write the code in the bill and pay $5 less, and everything will be taken care of by the utility company??

MISTERCHEAP said:   * And, each person/household/email/phone number may redeem up to five Utility Rewards!

Per email/phone. Not per person/household. Get your U-Haul ready.

You redeem the code online by giving the name of your utility provider and your account number.  It can be used for cable, phone, water, gas, satellite, or electric bills.  Frequently Asked Questions

Mr C, I love your posts. Remember the pop tarts movie tickets? Found pop tarts at the outlet store.... kids loved the movies but they still will not eat pop tarts after we overdid it.

Okay, now we're going to get tired of Suave

THANKS!

Amazing Mr. C. How do you come across such deals.

tajar96 said:   Amazing Mr. C. How do you come across such deals.
  follow the affiliate links...in this case it was copy and pasted from hip 2 save dot com

this is awesome since I use the Moroccon stuff anyway. Not to mention 3% Cash Back on cc at WalMart.
Now the logistics of buying and storing 100 bottles of hair product. (doesn't say excludes trial size lol)
I don't think more than 12 bottles would even fit on a WalMart shelf.

Looks like my WalMart will be out of shampoo.....

lorymills1 said:   Now the logistics of buying and storing 100 bottles of hair product. 

FW veterans may recall the Target/Suave MM deal of 2003.  

labboypro said:   
lorymills1 said:   Now the logistics of buying and storing 100 bottles of hair product. 

FW veterans may recall the Target/Suave MM deal of 2003.  

Even before my FW days Labboy, tell us, always like to hear good war stories!!

Just musing on the peculiarity of such a rebate -- they get the customers'
-email address
-potentially the data, such as location and type of device (maybe even device's serial number, I'm not sure though), that is often included (hidden) in a digital photo file
-last 4 numbers of credit card on WalMart receipt, potentially
-name
-home address
-utility company data, potentially, including how many years customer has been at the property, whether a senior citizen or not, customer payment history, etc.

The NSA could save a lot of money and just commandeer FMCG companies' rebates, or maybe they already do              

NantucketSunrise said:   -utility company data, potentially, including how many years customer has been at the property, whether a senior citizen or not, customer payment history, etc.
I don't see how they're going to get this. They'll just do a bill payment and will have as much information as your bank gets when you set up the utility as a payee for online banking.

I once found a coupon at a supermarket that printed at the register when someone bought Scott towels. It was for a free Pay Per View movie. I couldn't figure out how they could do that any different cable sytems, until I realized that all it was doing was giving you a $5 credit on your TV bill. The credit did show up. This one likely works the same way. I'm guessing they won't be able to pay my water bill, which goes to my town and cannot be paid electronically, but will probably work fine for Verizon and my gas/electric.
NantucketSunrise said:   The NSA could save a lot of money and just commandeer FMCG companies' rebates, or maybe they already do     
Maybe they're sponsoring this rebate!

Now, the question is, how cheap can you get Suave items for at WM? I didn't find anything for under $2.17 online but I figured they must have 99c shampoos. Do they?

I couldn't sleep last night, so made a WM trip at 4am, and purchased 57 items for $.99 each. Worked great because no one else there and got to divide everything into separate receipts. Deodorant, shampoo, conditioner, and small hand creams were all .99 each. Body wash is $2.19.

Time to stock up on 15 bottles of shampoo for the kids. Thanks OP.

I'm glad my WM has self-checkout. Should make it much easier to do 5 separate transactions without having to explain it to a cashier.

This is also a good way to get customers in. Sooner or later, and I am betting sooner, they will run out of Suave, but the customers will linger to make other purchases.

roy7736 said:   I'm glad my WM has self-checkout. Should make it much easier to do 5 separate transactions without having to explain it to a cashier.
  Why are you guys limiting yourselves to 15 items? The limit is 5 per name per email address.

Nice Find

Is this instore only?  I made three separate purchases online as I had other things to buy to get over the $35 for free shipping.  I first tried fwding my online receipt to them, then I printed out and took a picture and emailed.  The would not accept either one.  Email states:The submitted picture provided for the Suave Utility Cash offer could not be processed. Please retake picture showing qualifying purchases, date/time, receipt total and retailer name and address and make sure it is in focus. Please resubmit to suave@drvsusa.com. 

ocean935 said:   
roy7736 said:   I'm glad my WM has self-checkout. Should make it much easier to do 5 separate transactions without having to explain it to a cashier.
  Why are you guys limiting yourselves to 15 items? The limit is 5 per name per email address.

Each person/household/email/phone number may redeem up to five (5) Utility Rewards =
 Each person or household or email or phone number may redeem up to five (5) Utility Rewards...The kicker is household, unless you have two houses that you pay bills at...
I'm guessing that they'll realize that you're sending to the same household, and will probably not pay anything beyond 5 rebates...

potvin48 said:   
ocean935 said:   

Each person/household/email/phone number may redeem up to five (5) Utility Rewards =
 Each person or household or email or phone number may redeem up to five (5) Utility Rewards...The kicker is household, unless you have two houses that you pay bills at...
I'm guessing that they'll realize that you're sending to the same household, and will probably not pay anything beyond 5 rebates...

There are no person / household restrictions in the T&C. Only phone / email. MISTERCHEAP made an error in posting.

orthros said:   Since Suave products are usually around $1, I guess this is a potential $10MM transaction(?) plus the Suave
  How do you figure? Suave shampoo is $2.88 at Wal-Mart.

Does not need to be shampoo. Three $1 items X five transactions = $15 OOP. Get $25 utilities help = $10 MM.

Threadcrapper alert: But gotta say it... this whole thing reeks.

I may be wrong but the line in the FAQ that reads, "How many Utility Rewards can I receive? Answer: Each person/household/email/phone number may redeem up to five (5) Utility Rewards " tells me that its 5 per household total since it is separated withe a / (slash).  15 products total.  

Unless somebody verifies it, I would be  cautious on how many you purchase.  I hope I am wrong but questioning this first may be beneficial to those buying a lot more.

Just under the Steps, are the Terms: http://drvsusa.com/suave/

potvin48 said:    Each person/household/email/phone number may redeem up to five (5) Utility Rewards =

I agree that the wording is confusing at best. However, since they're going to be emailing you the info, you don't necessarily have to use your own address, so long a you have extra email addresses. Also, since you don't have to cut anything out or even spend money on postage, worst case if this doesn't work out, just return it.

I e-mailed in 2 receipts back-to-back last night and got 2 e-mails back confirming receipt....then got 1 code back from Suave this morning but not the 2nd one yet....anybody get multiple codes back yet?

A tip for submitting the receipts - do them one at a time and wait to get your code before doing the next one. I submitted all five receipts in quick succession, received 2 emails saying Thanks and I would receive a code in 24 hours, and 3 emails saying my submission is already being processed. A couple minutes later I received 2 more emails with redemption codes.

So, yeah, take it slow or else they get mixed up.

schwab said:   A tip for submitting the receipts - do them one at a time and wait to get your code before doing the next one. I submitted all five receipts in quick succession, received 2 emails saying Thanks and I would receive a code in 24 hours, and 3 emails saying my submission is already being processed. A couple minutes later I received 2 more emails with redemption codes.

So, yeah, take it slow or else they get mixed up.

So, what are we going to do now? I got three codes and two already emails. Does anyone have contact info? It's not even obvious which receipt they are rejecting.

kshowtime said:   So, what are we going to do now? I got three codes and two already emails. Does anyone have contact info? It's not even obvious which receipt they are rejecting.

We are going to have patience, is all.

I did purchase 9 items per receipt and they only credited me for 1 offer, not 3. I tried to resubmit and they will not take it. So, I guess you have to have all separate receipts with 3 items each. ....now time for the dreaded WalMart Return and Repurchase. These ladies already hate me.

dominothegreat said:   These ladies already hate me.

I wonder why? It's not as if you create extra unnecessary work for them.

Skipping 22 Messages...
You should have gotten your credit long ago.
All of mine were credited within one week.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014