• Go to page :
  • 1 2345
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Just saw this promotion on the RadioShack website - http://www.radioshack.com/home/index.jsp

Buy Apple ipad mini in store and get a $100 GC. Availability is patchy, but i was able to track it in few places (19454, 77010)

The price seems to be $299

RadioShack
See RadioShack promo codes that earn 2.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Just to clarify, the Kindle-Amazon GC that the Shack sells can be used for anything on Amazon (not just Kindle) correct?... (more)

skotty4 (Jan. 14, 2014 @ 3:06p) |

yes.

vickh (Jan. 14, 2014 @ 3:39p) |

Awesome, thanks!

skotty4 (Jan. 14, 2014 @ 5:38p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

Does this stack with the holiday cash promo?! Can we get the $100 gift card and $60 holiday cash? If so this is def a hot deal.

Can you purchase other gc with the $100 gc?

a $100 Radio Shack gift card is worth about $10

nudave said:   Can you purchase other gc with the $100 gc?
  Hopefully.

This might also be good to get airtime if you have a prepaid phone

nudave said:   Can you purchase other gc with the $100 gc?
  Cash value yes.

However, it can be useful if you want to buy other products that do not usually sell at a discount.

i.e. Apple, Bose, etc

hillestadk said:   Does this stack with the holiday cash promo?! Can we get the $100 gift card and $60 holiday cash? If so this is def a hot deal.
  any1 confirm the $60 holiday cash? Also can u use holiday cash to buy?

a $100 Radio Shack gift card is worth about $10
  In fact its worth $75 at cardpool.com; of course - Shipping.

Employee at RadioShack here.  You can utilize the $100 GC on your next purchase, not on the iPad itself. 

Holiday cash would be $50 unless you purchase a $1 filler item(it has to be $300 before tax to trigger the next coupon).  A $1 GC works well!  Please note that the terms and conditions of holiday cash state that you cannot stack the holiday cash coupons(i.e. use 5 $10 coupons to get a $50 item for free).  You have to use them on separate transactions and make sure you hold onto them!  They are not valid until three days after purchase meaning any purchases made today would be effective 12/17/2013.  Finally, you have to use them before 12/31/13 as the coupons last two weeks.

skh12;18177688 said:a $100 Radio Shack gift card is worth about $10

Just confirmed this from a friend in PA:
Bought a mini for $299, received $50 of holiday cash and $100 of gift card, immediately used the gift card to purchase Roku 3.

skh12 said:   a $100 Radio Shack gift card is worth about $10
  yea, who really shops at radioshak?? I'm surprised they are still in business. 

how do you get the RadioShack cash too

rockapoojakey said:   how do you get the RadioShack cash too
Every $50 worth of purchase will get you $10 worth of RadioShack cash, which can be used during later visits. 

I bought a black one today, it came with the $100 gift card and $50 in holiday cash. Wish I had know about the $1 gift card trick to get another $10 holiday cash! Still probably one of the top three deals ever on the iPad mini. The other two being the BestBuy and WalMart $299 plus $100 gift card since they are more likely to be used.

phxaz05 said:   
skh12 said:   a $100 Radio Shack gift card is worth about $10
  yea, who really shops at radioshak?? I'm surprised they are still in business. 

yea, might as well be $1000 gift card

Can use the gift card to buy another iPad mini?

BrianGa said:   Can use the gift card to buy another iPad mini?

Now that's a great question. I picked up a mini at WalMart this morning with the $50 gift card deal because I couldn't imagine how I would spend a $100 GC at Radio Shack. But if I bought one with the $100 GC then bought a second with the gift card and holiday cash in a second deal I will be ahead in the long run. My wife really wants one too so maybe I'll return the WalMart one and try this. 

BrianGa said:   Can use the gift card to buy another iPad mini?
  Nope.. They wont allow you to buy another mini with the GC. Still, you can try you luck

There is no "trick" to reading what is not even fine print. Even if one doesn't "know" about the $1 gift card working, one can pick up a 29c resistor to get an additional $10 in Holiday Cash.

rsshack said:   Employee at RadioShack here.  You can utilize the $100 GC on your next purchase, not on the iPad itself. 

Holiday cash would be $50 unless you purchase a $1 filler item(it has to be $300 before tax to trigger the next coupon).  A $1 GC works well!  Please note that the terms and conditions of holiday cash state that you cannot stack the holiday cash coupons(i.e. use 5 $10 coupons to get a $50 item for free).  You have to use them on separate transactions and make sure you hold onto them!  They are not valid until three days after purchase meaning any purchases made today would be effective 12/17/2013.  Finally, you have to use them before 12/31/13 as the coupons last two weeks.

If I come back after 3 days, can I then utilize the $100 GC plus $10 HC to purchase another mini?
What do I get if I return an item bought utilizing $10 HC? A store-credit?

Can you use the GC/HC to buy iTunes GC or the apple warranty?

Just pick up 2 IPAD mini at my local Radio Shack.  I bought them separately and used the $100 GC from the first to buy the second.  Added a $1 gift cad to each and also received $60 cash for a total of $120 cash.  So paid $502 plus tax and received 2 IPAD mini's, $102 gift cards and $120 future cash at store (12/17 to 12/31).  18103, shows other RS around here have them in stock.  Great deal, thanks!

By the way, they did offer for me to buy the Apple warrantee for the GC but was not interested.

jetmech77 said:   I bought a black one today, it came with the $100 gift card and $50 in holiday cash. Wish I had know about the $1 gift card trick to get another $10 holiday cash! Still probably one of the top three deals ever on the iPad mini. The other two being the BestBuy and WalMart $299 plus $100 gift card since they are more likely to be used.

I was able to get a $10 and a $50 coupon applied to an iPad mini at Staples when they were $250.  And had another $65 in rewards (ink/FAR deals)...

My friend went to three stores (southern Utah) and none were participating, in fact the owner of the last store said only 2 stores in Utah were particpating. They said it is only select corporate stores. Great deal for those that can get it.

I read the details of the holiday cash. You can only use $10 per transaction. So just be prepared to do multiple transactions with your holiday cash.

Typing on my new 16gb space gray iPad Mini now (after trading in my 1st Gen iPad for the $200 Target GC a while back). A few notes:

• Unable to use any coupons (including Holiday Cash) on this Mini
  • Found a $0.67 Dual RCA Coupler (274-1548) on clearance for filler to get the $60 Holiday Cash (six $10 printouts) vs $50 
  • Wanted to use $100 RadioShack GC with $10 Holiday Cash on a FitBit Force but Holiday Cash excludes "Apple, Fitbit, Quirky, airtime, gift/entertainment cards, services, special orders, refurb items, and purchases on RS.com" and the only RS I could find the iPad Mini in stock didn't have Fitbits in stock.
  • Receipt rings up iPad at $199.99 and adds a $100 GC. Tax was only applied on the iPad (not the GC).

it remains to be seen if 16GB is sufficient though. The sales guy said they have a 30 day, no restocking fee return policy that may come in handy 

happynow said:   Typing on my new 16gb space gray iPad Mini now (after trading in my 1st Gen iPad for the $200 Target GC a while back). A few notes:

• Unable to use any coupons (including Holiday Cash) on this Mini
  • Receipt rings up iPad at $199.99 and adds a $100 GC. Tax was only applied on the iPad (not the GC). 

any1 try ent. book $10/40 coupon?

When does this promo end?

Worked great. My local RS had one, wasnt aware of the promotion. 299.99 plus tax, 100.00 gc and 60.00 Radio Shack bucks for later.

Cool! Any idea on how to spend the Radio Shack bucks?

Seriously? Phone, antenna, amplifier, cable, electronics kits, etc. RadioShack.com is your friend.

I mean, don't know what to buy....

can you get the retina ipad mini with the $100 gift card?

skyninja said:   can you get the retina ipad mini with the $100 gift card?
YMMV

Got 1 for x-mas present. thx op!

skyninja said:   can you get the retina ipad mini with the $100 gift card?
Yes, you can. I am 100% sure of it.

macosx said:   Wait for the bankruptcy sale:

http://wallstcheatsheet.com/stocks/analyst-radioshack-restructur... 

Why? Everything will be gone by then!

Skipping 134 Messages...
vickh said:   
skotty4 said:   Just to clarify, the Kindle-Amazon GC that the Shack sells can be used for anything on Amazon (not just Kindle) correct?
  yes.

Awesome, thanks!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014