Enhanced Intel SpeedStep® Technology Yes
Execute Disable Bit ‡ Yes

Member Summary

Intel Core i7 4820K Unlocked Processor
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Missed out on the $200 MC/Staples PM of the 4770K so this is merely a consolation prize though it's almost like pouring salt on the wound. Still, I need a new rig. I41&TYOP

GWBush said:   Missed out on the $200 MC/Staples PM of the 4770K so this is merely a consolation prize though it's almost like pouring salt on the wound. Still, I need a new rig. I41&TYOP
I heard someone mention that LGA2011 means a specific Motherboard is needed.  Way beyond my scope, I just post the deals  . If true, hopefully you take that in to consideration.

Good deal on CPU but price the LGA2011 boards.... Expensive and older technology.... Its what kept me from going with LGA2011 in the first place.

I was wondering why the box looks different... Still, it can easily be returned.

If you're buying this, plan to spend another $250 on the motherboard. Not so encouraging.

was going to grab one until I realized I have all of 30 mobo's to choose from, no less than $230. slightly surpised this came out Q3 of 2013 and is still a 2011 socket

MeIsCheap said:   was going to grab one until I realized I have all of 30 mobo's to choose from, no less than $230. slightly surpised this came out Q3 of 2013 and is still a 2011 socket
  The top end processors/chipsets lag the new stuff by 1 generation. Though its labeled as a 4th generation cpu(haswell) its really an Ivy Bridge. Either way its fast and worth the money for anyone that is going to max out 8 ram slots; 2011 MBs tend to be overengineered anyways(thus the $$$) so no need for Intel to update them.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014