• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary

Movie Tickets + GC
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

The movie tickets seem legit as they can be used at all the major chains (AMC, Regal, etc.) with no blackout dates/movies. You put in the code online and buy/print your movie tickets I guess.

Not sure about the Restaurants.com thing though. I've always had bad experiences with them. I don't see any details, but normally Restaurants.com gift cards work like, to use their $25 gift card, you have to spend $50 in the restaurant. So possibly to use their $100 GC, you'd have to spend $200-250 at a single meal? Not sure.

ctgolfer said:   http://specials.restaurant.com/deal/national/2-movie-tickets-100...

Junk deal. A $100 restaurant.com GC can be obtained for as little as $8.40 on recent FW deals. So you are paying $22ish for two movie tickets, a savings of, $2??)

restaurants.com is horrible. The minimum purchase is always much higher than the gift certificate value. Restaurant choices are also awful.

why is this a staff pick not a great deal at all I just looked at the restaurants in Austin (and only choice of 10) Austin is huge..this is a bad deal..

the last time this no deal was posted, i jumped on the bandwagon because some dumass lied that they received 2 codes to redeem 2 movie tickets each for total of 4 movie tickets. it's a sham because you're really paying full price for the 2 movie tickets (depending on theaters up to $14) and $100 restaurant.com egift that can be bought alone for ~$4-$6.

Right, not a very good deal when you do the math but in general restaurant.com can be a good deal depending on where you live. Restaurants are local, not chain, so if you like those kind and they offer them in your area, it can be worth it.

I jumped on this last time it popped up too. I do have some buyer's remorese though, but it's my own fault for not researching before I pulled the trigger.

The movie tickets are no problem, easy to redeem and can use at many local venues.

The restaurant.com part though is more difficult and depending on where you live, may not be worth it.
In my area, not that many great restaurants to choose from and certificate amounts are rather low for most I want to try(you cash in $10 for a $10 certificate, with a min purchase of $5).

It's really not a horrible deal if you want to go out an try a new place in your area that you wouldn't try otherwise and hit a movie afterwards, just make sure you check out the restaurants in your locale first before investing in this one.

One other thing to note is that some of the certificates from restaurant.com only allow you to use 1 coupon per table, per account, per month, etc, so that means you can't print out two and take another couple with you. All depends on what the vendor will accept at the venue.
Definitely YMMV

Im not a hug fan of restaurants.com, but if you happen to have a decent restaurant on the list, it can be nice. For instance, in Orlando it has Sam Sneads, not great, but a decent place. They have $50 certs, so I need to spend $100. That easy when I get a nice steak and so does the wife, with an app and desert its a $100 meal for $50. It really just depends on location. Also, I can do this over and over again, without restriction, so we went twice last month and i paid $85 for a $500 cert. If we are in the mood for steak, its a great deal. One thing I do notice, is that we order more than we can eat normally, so we can eat leftovers the next day, which even adds to the value.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014