• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Costco Wholesale Membership + Bonus Costco Cash Card and Coupons
Link 
Valid for new members for their first year of membership

Offer includes:
Gold Star Membership
$25 Costco Cash Card
Bonus coupons: Free a free Kirkland Signature™48-pack of AA batteries, a free rotisserie chicken, a free Kirkland Signature™ case of water, $4 off Kirkland Signature™ coffee, and $4 off Kirkland Signature albacore tuna (a $29.47 value).

ETA: Appears to be Local only; YMMV on other locations. 

LivingSocial
Need a LivingSocial coupon that earns 4.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

$25 Bonus Costco Cash Card (23.66kB)
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
If you let your membership expire, your still considered an existing member. So these new member promotions won't apply ... (more)

robertsryan (Jan. 08, 2014 @ 8:52p) |

I had no problem activating in Atlanta, GA. However, I only received the Free coupon items, not the $25 Cash card. Is th... (more)

DirtCheap (Jan. 17, 2014 @ 12:10p) |

From what i've read, you should have gotten the cash card in store when activating the membership.

propcgamer (Jan. 17, 2014 @ 5:41p) |

  • Also categorized in:

Boston area only?

"This offer is not valid for a renewal of an existing Costco membership and is valid for NEW members only"


Yuyak said:   "This offer is not valid for a renewal of an existing Costco membership and is valid for NEW members only"


I've never understood these terms. What is an existing membership? What if yours has expired? Does it count for secondary members on your account? That said when they had a similar deal with Sam's Club, I let mine expire, then my wife got a new membership with the Groupon deal and I signed up with her no problem. Next time we will probably let her's run out then I will sign up for the deal.

So.. those of us outside of Boston, will it work for us?

Worked in Duluth, MN for me. The nearest Costco is 140 miles so this makes it reasonable to try.
Got the activation certificate. Fine print on bottom says redeemable at the membership counter at the following Costco locations: Avon, Danvers, Dedham, Everett, Waltham and Nashua. This probably won't work for me. I'll try in a couple of weeks but I can always get the $ back.

LivingSocial coupons?

I'd be weary of this deal, unless you live close enough to the locations listed that you'd be willing to drive and activate. If anyone has luck activating elsewhere, please post. I'd like to get in on it.

"To activate your Costco membership you must bring the printed Costco Membership Activation Certificate to one of the participating Costco locations"

chrislk1986 said:   I'd be weary of this deal, unless you live close enough to the locations listed that you'd be willing to drive and activate. If anyone has luck activating elsewhere, please post. I'd like to get in on it.

"To activate your Costco membership you must bring the printed Costco Membership Activation Certificate to one of the participating Costco locations"
 

  Given your current state, this question may be a bit taxing, but alas, I must know....what about this deal tires you out so?

crippledgiant said:   Worked in Duluth, MN for me. The nearest Costco is 140 miles so this makes it reasonable to try.
Got the activation certificate. Fine print on bottom says redeemable at the membership counter at the following Costco locations: Avon, Danvers, Dedham, Everett, Waltham and Nashua. This probably won't work for me. I'll try in a couple of weeks but I can always get the $ back.

  Hmm I guess its pretty YMMV for people outside of the boston area

I'd bet it's more likely than not that they will accept the voucher at any Costco. I doubt if there's anything automated to prevent it, so you're likely at the mercy of a customer service agent reading the fine print, and I'm usually pretty good at playing dumb and getting managers to override when things go sideways. Seems worth a shot and without much risk.

Do the bonus coupons print with the voucher from Living Social?

No, they come directly from Costco after you join.

Totally a guess on my part, but I suspect this might partially work at other Costco locations. Unless some other promotion is occurring, they may not have the coupons for the free Kirkland items at locations not listed on the certificate. They can probably issue a membership card plus the cash card. I'm considering giving this deal a try but I'm not expecting the free items....

What's the regular price of gold membership?

That's not a problem at all.. In BJ's, I always let expire my existing card and then apply for a new card with new members deals/offer. Never had any issues.

Not only will it not work if your card has expired, it won't work if you have EVER had a Costco card in your name whether or not you were the primary member. You MAY be able to talk your way around it if you weren't the primary member and were only on someone else's account, but be prepared for a battle.

tanner12oz said:   What's the regular price of gold membership?
  You accidentally posted this, instead of typing it into Google.
https://www.google.com/search?q=What%27s+the+regular+price+of+costco+gold+membership%3F 

chadlnc said:   Not only will it not work if your card has expired, it won't work if you have EVER had a Costco card in your name whether or not you were the primary member. You MAY be able to talk your way around it if you weren't the primary member and were only on someone else's account, but be prepared for a battle.
  I've taken 2 certificates that said not valid on existing memberships and had them applied to my executive renewal with no battles, no questions.  Has the policy changed, or did you just have a bad experience?

"This offer is not valid for a renewal of an existing Costco membership and is valid for NEW members only"
A confusing policy, I'm not sure whether it could work for me.

andrewobfis said:   "This offer is not valid for a renewal of an existing Costco membership and is valid for NEW members only"
A confusing policy, I'm not sure whether it could work for me.

  

How is it confusing?? unless you can't read English I suppose.

Who doesn't already belong to Costco?

wahoo900 said:   Who doesn't already belong to Costco?
   me. household of two and majority of groceries I get cheaper at the H-mart next to my house. Also, no need to buy in bulk.

wahoo900 said:   Who doesn't already belong to Costco?
  I'm one of those. However, I have Sam's because they are closer and not as crowded as Costco.
 

kaveh2k said:   
wahoo900 said:   Who doesn't already belong to Costco?
   me. household of two and majority of groceries I get cheaper at the H-mart next to my house. Also, no need to buy in bulk.

I'm not sure if this still works...If you have a relative who has a Costco membership (even if they don't live near you) & they only have 1 card, have them add you as a cardholder. Then you can go your local Costco and get your card. I added my sister to my membership. And we split the membership. Similarly they have a BJ's membership and they added me as a extra cardholder.

MISTERCHEAP said:   
andrewobfis said:   "This offer is not valid for a renewal of an existing Costco membership and is valid for NEW members only"
A confusing policy, I'm not sure whether it could work for me.

  

How is it confusing?? unless you can't read English I suppose.

Could also be confusing if the customer service worker can't read English, but half the time that works to my benefit in deals like this one.

does this apply to costco in houston, tx?

nvm, did a search but no offer in houston

phoquenut said:   tanner12oz said:   What's the regular price of gold membership?
  You accidentally posted this, instead of typing it into Google.
https://www.google.com/search?q=What%27s+the+regular+price+of+costco+gold+membership%3F 


sorry could have swore that there was deal discussion going on in this thread.

Wow, I can not beieve how much the membership cost has gone up! Makes Sams Club seem like a real deal even though they are owned by WalMart. May give thisw a try though - at the Executive level. Costco used to give you CB with this card.  Discover card has a 10% CB link to  Living Social as well, might be 15% if this counts as an on-line purchase for the extra 5%.

wahoo900 said:   Who doesn't already belong to Costco?
  me too, I have been with bjs for sometime now. If I have to go to costco, I go with my friend. bjs has yearly fee most of the time at 35 with 15 months membership. Which is not bad.

wahoo900 said:   
kaveh2k said:   
wahoo900 said:   Who doesn't already belong to Costco?
   me. household of two and majority of groceries I get cheaper at the H-mart next to my house. Also, no need to buy in bulk.

I'm not sure if this still works...If you have a relative who has a Costco membership (even if they don't live near you) & they only have 1 card, have them add you as a cardholder. Then you can go your local Costco and get your card. I added my sister to my membership. And we split the membership. Similarly they have a BJ's membership and they added me as a extra cardholder.

  Costco does not allow that, I had problems with them, they require both to live at the same address as the existing membership...
 

phoquenut said:   
tanner12oz said:   What's the regular price of gold membership?
  You accidentally posted this, instead of typing it into Google.
https://www.google.com/search?q=What%27s+the+regular+price+of+costco+gold+membership%3F

 In your rush to sarcasm, you accidentally added a comma, that didn't need to be there.

redearth said:   
wahoo900 said:   
kaveh2k said:   
wahoo900 said:   Who doesn't already belong to Costco?
   me. household of two and majority of groceries I get cheaper at the H-mart next to my house. Also, no need to buy in bulk.

I'm not sure if this still works...If you have a relative who has a Costco membership (even if they don't live near you) & they only have 1 card, have them add you as a cardholder. Then you can go your local Costco and get your card. I added my sister to my membership. And we split the membership. Similarly they have a BJ's membership and they added me as a extra cardholder.

  Costco does not allow that, I had problems with them, they require both to live at the same address as the existing membership...

  It really is YMMV.Hubby signed up for the membership when we were in the process of relocating.  He added me to the account, but at that time, we were living in different states.  I dropped into the nearest Costco a few weeks later, explained the situation, and handed them my DL, which had a different address than listed on the account.  They issued me a card, no problem.

drmyk said:   
phoquenut said:   
tanner12oz said:   What's the regular price of gold membership?
  You accidentally posted this, instead of typing it into Google.
https://www.google.com/search?q=What%27s+the+regular+price+of+costco+gold+membership%3F

 In your rush to sarcasm, you accidentally added a comma, that didn't need to be there.

  Many people feel that commas are optional. If we are voting, I think the use of the comma was appropriate in this circumstance.

cattlet said:   
drmyk said:   
phoquenut said:   
tanner12oz said:   What's the regular price of gold membership?
  You accidentally posted this, instead of typing it into Google.
https://www.google.com/search?q=What%27s+the+regular+price+of+costco+gold+membership%3F

 In your rush to sarcasm, you accidentally added a comma, that didn't need to be there.

  Many people feel that commas are optional. If we are voting, I think the use of the comma was appropriate in this circumstance.

  You may think that but you are wrong.  You may think that, but you are wrong.  Comma not needed.  A waste of virtual ink and 2 keystrokes.

drmyk said:   
cattlet said:   
drmyk said:   
phoquenut said:   
tanner12oz said:   What's the regular price of gold membership?
  You accidentally posted this, instead of typing it into Google.
https://www.google.com/search?q=What%27s+the+regular+price+of+costco+gold+membership%3F

 In your rush to sarcasm, you accidentally added a comma, that didn't need to be there.

  Many people feel that commas are optional. If we are voting, I think the use of the comma was appropriate in this circumstance.

  You may think that but you are wrong.  You may think that, but you are wrong.  Comma not needed.  A waste of virtual ink and 2 keystrokes.

Commas come before conjunctions if they join two independent clauses.  "You may think that" is one clause, and "you are wrong" is another.  In this case, the comma is needed.  You just failed something 5th graders learn in Common Core standards.

Toddler said:   
drmyk said:   
cattlet said:   
drmyk said:   
phoquenut said:   
tanner12oz said:   What's the regular price of gold membership?
  You accidentally posted this, instead of typing it into Google.
https://www.google.com/search?q=What%27s+the+regular+price+of+costco+gold+membership%3F

 In your rush to sarcasm, you accidentally added a comma, that didn't need to be there.

  Many people feel that commas are optional. If we are voting, I think the use of the comma was appropriate in this circumstance.

  You may think that but you are wrong.  You may think that, but you are wrong.  Comma not needed.  A waste of virtual ink and 2 keystrokes.

Commas come before conjunctions if they join two independent clauses.  "You may think that" is one clause, and "you are wrong" is another.  In this case, the comma is needed.  You just failed something 5th graders learn in Common Core standards.

  'Contending that the coordinating conjunction is adequate separation, some writers will leave out the comma in a sentence with short, balanced independent clauses'...You have to give hard rules to 5th graders, grown ups can see when they don't need to be used.

many people still see value and loyalty with local merchants...subtract waste from mega size purchases+ so-so deal, not to mention member fees...no thanks

I was gonna reply, but the comma war got me all worked up and I killed a puppy instead...

Skipping 27 Messages...
DirtCheap said:   I had no problem activating in Atlanta, GA. However, I only received the Free coupon items, not the $25 Cash card. Is this supposed to come in the mail too? How long after the coupons?
  From what i've read, you should have gotten the cash card in store when activating the membership.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014