• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

SanDisk Ultra Plus 256 GB SATA 6.0 Gb-s 2.5-Inch Solid State Drive SDSSDHP-256G-FFP
Disclaimer

Member Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I just bought this one here last night:

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1324892/

Is this one significantly better? I realize it's a lot larger I am talking speed, quality, etc.

XXXBerto55: overall total score of 918 vs 813 so close, you likely wouldn't notice the difference.

SanDisk Ultra Plus 256GB vs. Samsung 840 Evo 120GB 

TrueMark, that's awesome, thanks for that. Replacing a 36 gig I stupidly bought because it fills up too fast. This should do me fine and keep the extra cash in my pocket. Thanks again!

the review that has it dying in 3months will keep me from purchasing this SSD. after tons of failures from kingston (i know sandisk is better), i stick to intel or Samsung only - data loss is worth more than a few hundred to me

Yes, I agree, however there really won't be data stored on this for me....os, programs, cache for mediabrowser only.  I store data on regular HD.

critten said:   the review that has it dying in 3months will keep me from purchasing this SSD. after tons of failures from kingston (i know sandisk is better), i stick to intel or Samsung only - data loss is worth more than a few hundred to me

Happened to me yesterday.  Ultra 120 bought in July.   Disappeared from bios...  gone.  I know it's common to all brands, but I'm replacing it with a 840.  

to their credit, Sandisk was easy to deal with on a replacement.  I'm guessing I will get a refurb, but I dont know.   regardless, it wont be a drive I trust without frequent backups.

Thanks OP, in for 1. I'm planning on adding this to my Mac Mini to create a Fusion Drive with the existing 1TB HDD.

critten said:   the review that has it dying in 3months will keep me from purchasing this SSD. after tons of failures from kingston (i know sandisk is better), i stick to intel or Samsung only - data loss is worth more than a few hundred to me

Considering a 240GB intel or Samsung can be had for 150 or 160 recently, not even hundreds.  Protect your data, and backup!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014