• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
update: the phone arrived in plastic packaging. I do not think it should be activated on pageplus. I will be returning in-store ASAP.

originally said: credit techbargains

best buy has this item for $39.99 with free shipping.

Verizon Wireless Prepaid - Samsung Illusion No-Contract Mobile Phone - Platinum 
Product Features

Android 2.3 Gingerbread operating system
Allows you to stay connected and productive on the go.
3G speed
Offers quick and easy connection speeds.
Bluetooth compatibility
For wireless communication with a Bluetooth-enabled device.
Touch-screen display
Provides an easy-to-read design and simple navigation of your phone's features.
Store phone numbers, photos and videos
With the microSD card slot (media not included).
3.0MP digital camera
For taking still photos.
MP3 playback
Lets you take your favorite tracks on the go.
Hands-free speakerphone
For safe conversations while driving.
Polyphonic ringtones
Allow you to personalize the sound of your phone.
Vibration alert
Lets you silence your phone but still be alerted when calls and messages come in.
Up to 360 minutes talk time and up to 250 hours standby
With the included lithium-ion battery.

4oz; Android 2.3; 3G wireless; 1GHz CPU; 3MP camera with camcorder; MicroSD slot; social networking integration with YouTube

This might be decent to use on pageplus....i have had experience buying from best buy items that have had the title of "prepaid" but the actual packaging is not the plastic prepaid kind and been able to activate phone on pageplus (it was this thread )

fwiw, this pages mentions a person was able to activate the phone on pageplus 

YMMV, but hope this might help someone. Thank you for reading

Member Summary

Verizon Wireless Prepaid - Samsung Illusion No-Contract Mobile Phone - Platinum
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Can activate on PP with Verizon prepaid if and only if it was never activated on Verizon prepaid.

Page Plus WILL NOT activate a Verizon Prepaid phone! To put these on Page Plus you will need a flasher to do some magic. It can be done and isn't terribly difficult, but these can NOT be activated as-is out of the package on Page Plus Cellular (or any other MVNO, for that matter.)

cpabster said:   Page Plus WILL NOT activate a Verizon Prepaid phone! To put these on Page Plus you will need a flasher to do some magic. It can be done and isn't terribly difficult, but these can NOT be activated as-is out of the package on Page Plus Cellular (or any other MVNO, for that matter.)
  That's funny. I have two phones that I rooted, reprogrammed, and use on PP. They were Virgin prepaid Android phones. 

biskit said:   
cpabster said:   Page Plus WILL NOT activate a Verizon Prepaid phone! To put these on Page Plus you will need a flasher to do some magic. It can be done and isn't terribly difficult, but these can NOT be activated as-is out of the package on Page Plus Cellular (or any other MVNO, for that matter.)
  That's funny. I have two phones that I rooted, reprogrammed, and use on PP. They were Virgin prepaid Android phones. 

Virgin Mobile != Verizon Prepaid

Page Plus will of course activate a Virgin (Sprint) based handset whether prepaid or not; They will NOT do so with a Verizon Prepaid phone.

Go ahead and try it, just trying to save some frustration for potential buyers. 

biskit, cpaabster is correct. You cannot activate a Verizon Branded Prepaid Cell Phone (Or Any Verizon phone that is also sold as a prepaid) because Verizon doesn't want to lose the business.

In regards to what you did with Virgin Mobile, interesting, my understanding was that VM phones brick when you try that.

The minimum monthly rate is twice the $30 discount on the phone from regular price. Given it is only 3G, this doesn't look like a deal.

My experience matches what's been said on here. It's one thing to flash a Sprint-carrier phone to work on PP, it's quite another to get a Verizon prepaid working on PP without jumping through some hoops. From what I know, you can't even activate a Verizon prepaid to replace a Verizon postpaid unless the phone has been active on prepaid for at least half a year.

so can any Sprint prepaid phone be made to work with pp?

biskit said:   

I have an brand new Virgin Kyocera Rise I found on a shelf at a thrift store, and would love to have a flasher set it up on P+ for me. How do I get it done? Can you direct me in the right direction? Thanks.

GeoCacher said:   
biskit said:   

I have an brand new Virgin Kyocera Rise I found on a shelf at a thrift store, and would love to have a flasher set it up on P+ for me. How do I get it done? Can you direct me in the right direction? Thanks.

I'd be interested in knowing this information as well, I have several "Virgin" Virgin devices still in boxes that I would like to try on someone elses network!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014