• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Credit to Loverman8675309 @ SD

Copied and Pasted.
I was up early yesterday morning at a grocery store and I heard over the loud speaker that if you send the text: 7DAYS to 727272 Redbox will send you a free coupon. My first coupon was for a free rental that expires on Saturday night. My second coupon was for a BOGO deal that expires the same night. I'm not sure if this deal is just for my general area so I will put in a preemptive YMMV. Good luck and Merry Christmas ya filthy animals, and a Happy New Year!

Thanks VegasVegan for the following update:
VegasVegan said:   That post has been updated to include this edit

"EDIT: Your codes may not work for your location. I talked to a Redbox agent and he basically informed me that this is not a national event. If you are in the south, you may be in luck. The only stores he mentioned are Bi-lo and Winn-Dixie, which only have stores in SC, NC, TN, FL, GA, AL, LA, and MS. I tried my free code at a CVS, just now and it was a no-go. On the other hand, if you have codes to give away, I'm pretty sure those of us who have locations near us, would be very thankful to receive them. Call it spreading around the Christmas spirit! Anyway, sorry for the confusion and getting your hopes up"

Member Summary

Redbox
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Free rental. Thanks!

syvan (Dec. 21, 2013 @ 10:47a) |

These won't work in my location good for 1 free DVD

3TNZDZ4Z
32ZN3ZXQ
2XMWRXWH

Shuttle (Dec. 21, 2013 @ 11:05a) |

Why bother replying to me then?  I'll say it again, I don't see the point of giving Redbox my mobile number for $1, espe... (more)

Toddler (Dec. 21, 2013 @ 11:08a) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thanks!  Got it.

Thanks OP.

I texted and my code was for a free Blu-ray upgrade expiring on Saturday. The second text was to join their Text Club.

Free 1 day dvd here

Green for paying attention to background noise.

Got my code for a free DVD rental

Thanks! Reply came fast. Already in the text club but still got a code within 30 seconds of sending.

Code: Free DVD rental expiring in two days.

BOGO on DVD

Does it work on Blu-Ray was well?

YUCK .... only a code for 50 cents off of 1 day rental ... also said Y to joining the club @ 2 msgs per week but nothing good yet

Thanks OP!

invisible said:   YUCK .... only a code for 50 cents off of 1 day rental ... 
  Same.
Was already a subscriber.  Many useless codes and only a very few free night ones in the past 5 months. Very happy for those who got it.

50 cents off for me too. Oh well! It was like the lottery until I got the reply. Ya just nevah know! Green OP and Green for the background noise comment. Hahaha - Likey!

Redbox is in the process of management transition. Good coupon codes are rare. Their prices are already very good. so do not be too greedy!

7DAYS does not work in MD.

worked for me...free 1 day DVD rental good until 12/21...thx OP!

dynomikel said:   7DAYS does not work in MD.
  Hmmm... it worked for me and I'm in Maryland.  I got a 'Rent 1 get another 1 day rental' free code.

BOGO for me.

Free one day rental till 12/21. Thanks!

BOGO for me as well

if you use a new cell phone number, not previously used for redbox, mostlikely you get a free rental.
if you used one that is already being used with redbox, you probably get a BOGO.
That is what happened to me. One free and one BOGO.

dynomikel said:   7DAYS does not work in MD.
  Worked for my 443-XXX-XXXX MD number - free rental. Thanks OP.

Only can b used at certain locations

BOGO with CT phone. But was pre-registered with redbox already

One day rental. Appreciate it OP!

Just tried to get two BR with my BOGO code on DVD, it did not work.

The error said that 'code location specific, not my location"

f2000sa said:   Just tried to get two BR with my BOGO code on DVD, it did not work.

The error said that 'code location specific, not my location"

Same thing just happened to me in NJ, wish I had seen your message before I went out, as it would have saved me a trip. 

Thanks! Free rental. Now I have to brave the crowds to get to the Redbox Kiosk! Hope I can find a parking spot.

thanks!  got a free 1 day DVD rental exp 12/21 . I am in NJ using an account that was already signed up for text messages.

edit. I haven't tried it at a location yet.

After sending the SMS, I got a rock.

(Really 50 cents off. Thanks for sharing anyway, OP)

Lump of Coal in my stocking, (50 cents off)   

Got a free rental even though I was already getting the newsletter.

Free rental, thanks!

Thanks OP...free 1 day rental until 12/21

Got one. I am in So Cal.
Thank you

Only got .50 off for me.

Got code for 1-day DVD rental in SF. Already a text club member.

bittul said:   Credit to Loverman8675309 @ SD

Copied and Pasted.

I was up early yesterday morning at a grocery store and I heard over the loud speaker that if you send the text: 7DAYS to 727272 Redbox will send you a free coupon. My first coupon was for a free rental that expires on Saturday night. My second coupon was for a BOGO deal that expires the same night. I'm not sure if this deal is just for my general area so I will put in a preemptive YMMV. Good luck and Merry Christmas ya filthy animals, and a Happy New Year!

May I ask what the grocery store was? I got a free code but when I tried to use it I got the message that it was good at certain locations and the Kiosk I was using wasn't one. I tried 3 different locations at CVS and Wlagreen's. Thanks.

first timer
only got a bluray upgrade, coal

Skipping 24 Messages...
aqan said:   
Toddler said:   My privacy is worth more than $1.
Why bother posting here then. Just be a lurker.

Why bother replying to me then?  I'll say it again, I don't see the point of giving Redbox my mobile number for $1, especially when most people aren't getting even that much out of this so-called deal.  Used to be that Hot Deals were worth at least $5 to keep this junk out of here.  Shouldn't this be in Free Stuff?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014