• Go to page :
  • 1234 5
  • Text Only
That's only true if the card is ran as credit. And even then, the "protection" varies. A real credit card is always a superior choice over a bank card with a Visa or MC logo. Let the bank take the hit while it is all sorted out, instead of your bank account(s). Just my thoughts.

Troy123 said:   
View said:   Thanks for the heads-up. I went there and bought $30 worth of organic grocery for 10%(Target)+5%(Discover) off. Not bad.
  How did you get 5% instore from discover?

It's a targeted offer for purchases at WalMart, Target, Kmart...,etc.
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/deal-discussion/1326491/ 

it may have the same protections in certain or most cases, but when it is the cash in your account that is held up or frozen during an investigation, it hurts a lot worse.

yesidonoitall said:   RE:
It amazes me all of the people out there would use debit cards or as consumer advocate Clark Howard calls them "Trash fake Visa". 

OMG, a card with the Visa or MC on it has the exact same user protections and a true credit card.
And Clark Who?

1.   It might be true that a debit Visa or Mastercard has the same protection but your out the money until the bank figures out or you figure out the error on your account.  In the meantime who pays your late fees on all the other bills that didn't go through because you were overdrafted?  Who makes the morgage payment? Banks don't act too quickly.  With a credit card there is a large grace period and you can dispute it. Most importandly you have all of your money until the dispute is figured out with a credit card and then you are either billed or not. 
2. Clark Howard is a consumer advocate / certified cheapskate .  You can Google his name. He has a national radio show and tv program.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014