• Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Best Buy
See Best Buy discounts that earn 1.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

HP Printer
Thanks djrsn00
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Great deal, but OOS all around me green 4 u OP. (Ink Alone is worth the price)

smeagle (Dec. 21, 2013 @ 10:17p) |

It comes with "starter" ink carts.
Color carts around $13 individual, XL twice as much.

Honestly, it does print fast and w... (more)

sixt7gt350 (Dec. 22, 2013 @ 8:13a) |

This is still available, go to Best Buy' eBay store

tennisonerik (Dec. 22, 2013 @ 8:57a) |

Quickly print crisp document and stunning photos with this HP Photosmart 5520 CX042A wireless all-in-one printer that prints up to 23 ppm* in black and up to 22 ppm* in color for efficient use. The touch-screen display helps simplify operation.
Product Features
Prints up to 23 ppm* in black, up to 22 ppm* in color

To generate documents quickly.
3-in-1 functionality

Prints, copies and scans for flexible use.
Built-in 802.11b/g/n wireless LAN

For simple connection to your home or office network.
Color resolution up to 4800 x 1200 dpi

To produce clear, vibrant images.
Borderless printing up to 8.5" x 11"

Allows an expanded printing area for enhanced detail.
Supports HP ePrint, wireless direct and Apple® AirPrint technologies

For simple direct printing from a wide range of devices, including most camera phones via memory card (not included).
Copies up to 23 cpm* in black, up to 22 cpm* in color

So you can create copies quickly.
Copy resolution up to 600 dpi in color and black

For clear, clean copies.
Flatbed scanner with 24-bit color and 8.5" x 11" scan area

Plus a scan resolution up to 2400 dpi to reproduce exact colors and large documents.
80-sheet input tray

Accommodates plenty of paper to handle large printing tasks and enables automatic 2-sided printing and copying.
HP Thermal Inkjet technology

Delivers bold, vivid results.
USB 2.0 connectivity

Enables simple connection to your computer.

*Print speeds vary with use. See manufacturer for info on print speeds.
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › HP
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

WTH?!?! I paid $69 on black Friday at Target.

It is a noisy son-of-a-gun, for sure, but prints fast.
Wireless direct is a pain in the @$$ that rarely, if ever, works.
LCD screen is hard to read and has horrific viewing angles.
Works well as LAN wireless or USB printer. -Doesn't share well over a homegroup as USB, though.
No envelope or photo paper slots.
Output "tray" is crap. (nothing but a flimsy, flip-out arm from the bottom of the input tray)
Scanning software interface isn't nearly as easy to use or customizable as my old HP flatbed.

I upgraded from my trusty 7350 only because of the wireless features and all-in-one scanning for space.
My kids need to print stuff from their school laptops, which connect to our home network wirelessly.
With the abysmal failure of wireless direct, I'm almost thinking to go back to the 7350 shared. It worked very well.

I gained scanning and printing in a device smaller than my print-only 7350.
I lost the various memory card slots and USB for direct printing. (only SD on 5520)
I gained cartridges by individual color (564) and XL sizes available. 56/57/58 cartridges for the 7350 ran out fast and are expensive.

For $40, this is a great printer.

I'm gonna try price matching at Target. Hopefully the 10% store wide will stack.

defaultusername said:   I'm gonna try price matching at Target. Hopefully the 10% store wide will stack.
  

They price-matched my previous purchase, but no 10% additional.

Thanks for this great deal.

I can't pass up this offer even if the reviews are overall not good. As long as it works, you can't beat this $40 price. Of course HP makes money on the ink cartridges, so that always gets us in the end.

sixt7gt350 said:   defaultusername said:   I'm gonna try price matching at Target. Hopefully the 10% store wide will stack.
  

They price-matched my previous purchase, but no 10% additional.


Just got one price matched at Target and they didn't mind applying the 10% off. $36 + tax is mighty fine.

At $40, it's a steal. How much does the ink cost?


Amazon.com : HP Photosmart 5520 e-All-in-One Printer : Inkjet Multifunction Office Machines : Electronics
Disclaimer
Was going to buy it but held off after reading Amazon reviews

http://www.amazon.com/HP-Photosmart-5520-e-All-in-One-Printer/dp...

28 Five Star reviews, 76 One Star reviews .... looks like HP may have a quality control problem with this one.

BennyZz said:   At $40, it's a steal. How much does the ink cost?
 $6.99 for Xl Carts
HP 564 bulk inks generic
 

Bought the wireless HP 3510  for a gift. Sure hope it doesn't suffer from the same wireless problems as this one seems to have. Anyone have a 3510?

hereford said:   Bought the wireless HP 3510  for a gift. Sure hope it doesn't suffer from the same wireless problems as this one seems to have. Anyone have a 3510?
  We have had a 3510 for about 6 months.  It does go off line for no apparent reason several times a week.  Sometimes, the only way I can print is to completely shut down my PC and restart.  It goes through a lot of ink (61), and it seems to require an alignment quite often (more than once per cartridge).   

I was able to price match at Staples and used the 15% off coupon.  Out the door with tax $39.65.

HappyKat said:   
hereford said:   Bought the wireless HP 3510  for a gift. Sure hope it doesn't suffer from the same wireless problems as this one seems to have. Anyone have a 3510?
  We have had a 3510 for about 6 months.  It does go off line for no apparent reason several times a week.  Sometimes, the only way I can print is to completely shut down my PC and restart.  It goes through a lot of ink (61), and it seems to require an alignment quite often (more than once per cartridge).   

  Thanks for the input! The recipient will only use the printer occasionally, so hopefully it'll perform when necessary. I'll tell her to give it a firm workout before the return period ends. Merry Christmas!!


hereford said:   Bought the wireless HP 3510  for a gift. Sure hope it doesn't suffer from the same wireless problems as this one seems to have. Anyone have a 3510?
Giving your wireless printer a static IP address will alleviate most of those issues.  
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llYNMNKJMX4

Slickone said:   Does no one ever look at Amazon reviews?
http://www.amazon.com/HP-Photosmart-5520-e-All-in-One-Printer/dp...

  I was considering this printer, until I saw the reviews.  Doesn't look good.

sixt7gt350 said:   WTH?!?! I paid $69 on black Friday at Target.

It is a noisy son-of-a-gun, for sure, but prints fast.
Wireless direct is a pain in the @$$ that rarely, if ever, works.
LCD screen is hard to read and has horrific viewing angles.
Works well as LAN wireless or USB printer. -Doesn't share well over a homegroup as USB, though.
No envelope or photo paper slots.
Output "tray" is crap. (nothing but a flimsy, flip-out arm from the bottom of the input tray)
Scanning software interface isn't nearly as easy to use or customizable as my old HP flatbed.

I upgraded from my trusty 7350 only because of the wireless features and all-in-one scanning for space.
My kids need to print stuff from their school laptops, which connect to our home network wirelessly.
With the abysmal failure of wireless direct, I'm almost thinking to go back to the 7350 shared. It worked very well.

I gained scanning and printing in a device smaller than my print-only 7350.
I lost the various memory card slots and USB for direct printing. (only SD on 5520)
I gained cartridges by individual color (564) and XL sizes available. 56/57/58 cartridges for the 7350 ran out fast and are expensive.

  SOUNDS ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL!   LOL

BennyZz said:   At $40, it's a steal. How much does the ink cost?
  $50 a cartridge!   : )


No generics available!
No way to refill!   ; )

Only kidding.

Isn't this printer going down to $29 at Big Lots on Thursday?

I heard that there are no generics for it and that there are no way to refill the cartridges without using a nutcracker!

Isn't this printer going down to $29 at Big Lots on Thursday?

For $40, this is a great paperweight that wastes a lot of room on my desk!

Great deal, but OOS all around me green 4 u OP. (Ink Alone is worth the price)

smeagle said:   Great deal, but OOS all around me green 4 u OP. (Ink Alone is worth the price)
  

It comes with "starter" ink carts.
Color carts around $13 individual, XL twice as much.

Honestly, it does print fast and with decent quality.

The noises make me think some plastic gear pieces are going to come out with the paper someday, though.

This is still available, go to Best Buy' eBay store



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014