• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Dyson Air Multiplier 10" Bladeless Desk Fan @ Best Buy - $99.99
compare at $179.99
Free Shipping!

(FatWallet Deal Hunter staff posts are certified ad-free. No money, bribes, or candy have been accepted.)

Member Summary

Dyson Air Multiplier 10" Bladeless Desk Fan
Thanks erohrer
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
What's the camelizer?

telstar (Jan. 11, 2014 @ 3:26p) |

It's a Firefox addon. Gives you price history of Amazon.

sflv (Jan. 11, 2014 @ 5:21p) |

Good find OP

ArtieLange (Jan. 20, 2014 @ 3:20a) |

Air Multiplier Fan works differently from conventional fans with no fast-spinning blades. Instead, the innovative Air Multiplier technology draws in air and amplifies it 15 times, producing an uninterrupted stream of smooth air. With no awkward blades or grille, the 10" Air Multiplier Fan is safe and easy to clean. Instead of limited power settings, a dimmer switch, power control precisely adjusts the airflow power to your comfort level. This table fan also oscillates 90 degrees and has a touch-tilt feature so it pivots 10 degrees either way on its own center of gravity, staying put without clamping.
Desk Fan
Product Features

Features: Adjustable, Oscillating

Cord Length: 5.90 ft

Color: Silver

Height: 19.5"

Width: 6.0"

Depth: 12.0"

Recycled: No

Recycled Content: 0%

Post-consumer-waste%: 0%

Assembly Required: No

Country of Origin: Malaysia

Limited Warranty: 2 Year

Add some filler and get your total above $100 to get another $15 worth of giftcard:†http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1327871/
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

thanks

what about noise?

what about noise?

No blades. Almost quiet.

Had a Best Buy gift card that's been sitting around for years.† Just used it up.† This will probably be a gift for someone.† Thanks OP.

In 4 1 thanks op

Thanks for this great deal / post. I had to go for this one since you can never see a Dyson Fan at this low of a price. It's still $100 for a fan, so I will have to deal with this absurd concept in my own mind

f2000sa said:   what about noise?

No blades. Almost quiet.

You must not have it.
First, bladeless†only means†no visible blades.
It has hidden blades or whatever you call it in its base to generate the airflow.
In fact, it's†nosier than other†fans with†blades†to generate the same cpm.
You pay more for its design over its usage.... and I have 2 AM01 and 1 AM04 if you're wondering
It's a piece of thing your visitors will ask you about it, so you'd better prepared to tell how it actually works.

It's the best price I've seen, but you're still paying more for it than a regular fan of same function.

The only possible reasons to buy this overpriced thing are as a conversation piece or if you have a situation where safety is so important that you absolutely must have the blades completely hidden away. The noise thing makes is absolutely hideous - IMO, it's just the exact pitch to really grate on you. It sounds kind of like a vacuum cleaner or a blender on high; nowhere near that loud, but that same high pitched whine.

MisterBeefhead said:   The only possible reasons to buy this overpriced thing are as a conversation piece or if you have a situation where safety is so important that you absolutely must have the blades completely hidden away. The noise thing makes is absolutely hideous - IMO, it's just the exact pitch to really grate on you. It sounds kind of like a vacuum cleaner or a blender on high; nowhere near that loud, but that same high pitched whine.

††Dyson's patent†has finally run out on these which is the real reason for the fire sale.†Blade-less fan "clones" are now hitting the market so you will see many by Spring. Sams already has an Envirocare AM04 cold/hot clone with bonus humidifier function for $40 vs the $400 Dyson wants for their over-priced AM04.

After being on the market for so many years, it is not even a conversation piece any more. If it wasn't for the noise, I would still buy it for myself. But the pitch does grate on me, the same way fluorescent light affects my eyes and gives me a headache.

I did, however, buy three after PMing at Kohls to turn a profit.
$300 - $15% = $255 - $50 KCash = $205
So ~$75 each including tax.

Add some filler and get your total above $100 to get another $15 worth of giftcard:†http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1327871/

Dynson didn't even invent the technology. Some Japanese company invented these 30 years ago.

Got this last week at Kohls phone order. They price matched and then I used 20% off code celebrate and $40 in Kohls Cash & $25 GC. But % is taken after Kolhs cash is taken off. If you buy now with $20.01 in filler you can get $20 Kohls Cash Back.

"draws in air and amplifies it 15 times" ???
I'm guessing this comes from Marketing, not Engineering.

Another example

dazviking said:   "draws in air and amplifies it 15 times" ???

Another example

† *sigh*.

Please, please... do a little research before you mock.

This uses a hydrofoil type design and pushes air out through a number of small slits, resulting in a fairly large displacement of air in the center of the unit.† Think of it as a laminar wind tunnel.

Currently $99 at Amazon as well and the camelizer says it's a lowest price: http://www.amazon.com/Dyson-AM01-table-fan-Blue/dp/B0076ZGFYW

purduephotog said:   

Another example

† *sigh*.

This uses a hydrofoil type design and pushes air out through a number of small slits, resulting in a fairly large displacement of air in the center of the unit.† Think of it as a laminar wind tunnel.

†If it really was an "air multiplier" / "air amplifier", you'd be able to put a bunch of these back to back and create a hurricane. What this really does is turn a small amount of fast moving air into a large amount of slow moving air. FYI, a hydrofoil is for water. This uses an "airfoil" and all that really means is a curved piece of plastic. All fan blades are airfoils. </nerding>

purduephotog said:   

Another example

† *sigh*.

Amplify:† to make larger, greater, or stronger; enlarge; extend.

I stand by what I said, the terms come from marketing, not engineering.† Try replacing 'air' with any other object (cat, water, towel, broom, mass (for a scale), rock, etc), and you should see how ridiculous it sounds.† The velocity, energy, volume, temperature (?), etc. can be amplified, but not the air (molecules) itself.

is fan useful nowadays if u have a/c?

gaore said:   is fan useful nowadays if u have a/c?
† cheaper to run a fan instead of AC. †or allow you set the AC at a higher temp. and still feel comfortable.

This deal is still going on.

chriswish said:   Currently $99 at Amazon as well and the camelizer says it's a lowest price: http://www.amazon.com/Dyson-AM01-table-fan-Blue/dp/B0076ZGFYW

† What's the camelizer?

telstar said:   
chriswish said:   Currently $99 at Amazon as well and the camelizer says it's a lowest price: http://www.amazon.com/Dyson-AM01-table-fan-Blue/dp/B0076ZGFYW

† What's the camelizer?

† It's a Firefox addon. Gives you price history of Amazon.

Good find OP

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014