• Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary

Onkyo 910W
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I got a great deal on a Onkyo ht-rc360 about 2.5 years ago. It was the only receiver at that time that with as many HDMI... (more)

tracker2208 (Dec. 29, 2013 @ 12:49p) |

Wish I could disagree, but I can't. After it sat at the local service center for over two months with no action, Onkyo r... (more)

Toddler (Dec. 29, 2013 @ 3:40p) |

This thread is so surprising. I have two onkyo receivers from eight years ago that still work great. I only want to repl... (more)

webdoctors (Dec. 29, 2013 @ 6:31p) |

910W total power

130W x 7 for robust sonic output.
Surround sound decoders

Include Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TruHD, Dolby PLII/IIx, Dolby PLIIz, Dolby EX, DTS, DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS Express, DTS 96/24, DTS-ES Discrete, DTS-EX Matrix and DTS Neo:6 for stunning Blu-ray audio.
Multiroom capability

Powered zone 2 allows you to enjoy high-quality sound throughout your home.
WRAT technology

Along with a discrete amplifier design delivers crisp, detailed sound.
Audyssey 2EQ, Dynamic EQ and Dynamic Volume

Make it easy to adjust audio to your liking.
AM/FM tuner

Lets you listen to your favorite radio programming and features 40 station presets for simple one-touch recall.
Front-panel USB port

Enables easy connection of a compatible Apple iPod® or iPhone®, so you can listen to music stored on your device.
4 HDMI inputs

HDMI cable not included. High-speed HDMI cable is the only connection that can deliver a full high-definition experience with a full 1080p picture and digital surround sound.
Optional UBT-1 adapter (not included)

Offers Bluetooth capability for simple wireless pairing with compatible devices.

For additional information please see the Specifications Tab

Apple, the Apple logo and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Computer, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPod is a trademark of Apple Computer, Inc.
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Onkyo is the best unless your talking about spending a whole lot of money then you may find some brands that are better.

Pass on this.
I just finished returning one due to HDMI audio dropouts.

FYI... Just got an email from Best Buy indicating you get a $15 savings code when you choose store pickup for online orders.
Link

ArbitraryChicken said:   FYI... Just got an email from Best Buy indicating you get a $15 savings code when you choose store pickup for online orders.
Link

Thats great

any good speakers for this?..

Klipsch HD300 Home Theater Speaker System - 5.1 Channel, Powered Subwoofer
Disclaimer
Thinking about getting Klipsch HD300 Home Theater Speaker System - 5.1 Channel, Powered Subwoofer for $105 http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details... Any comments are appreciated.

DogsRGreat >>>>>>>>>Could it be that your HDMI cable is bad? I haven't heard of this issue with this receiver until now.... Let us know.

gerigomez said:   any good speakers for this?..
You can hook up the BOSE into it and it is great.

I prefer Polk Audio

whatsupwitdis said:   
I prefer Polk Audio

Funny you mention that. Polk Audio RTI4's are great little speakers and are on sale for $119 at Fry's right now. They go on sale because it's from Polk's previous line, but still great for $119 a pair. Linky

You could pair that with the PSW10 that's on sale at Newegg for 70 w/rebate or frys has it for $80.

CUinBlank said:   Thinking about getting Klipsch HD300 Home Theater Speaker System - 5.1 Channel, Powered Subwoofer for $105 http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details...Any comments are appreciated.

Where do you get $105??

missmatch said:   
CUinBlank said:   Thinking about getting Klipsch HD300 Home Theater Speaker System - 5.1 Channel, Powered Subwoofer for $105 http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details...Any comments are appreciated.
Where do you get $105??

After Amex $30 credit and TD Clearance $25 rebate.

True Power Output:

80 watts minimum continuous power per channel, 8 ohm loads, 2 channels driven from 20 Hz to 20 kHz, with a maximum total harmonic distortion of 0.7% (FTC)

Slightly less output with all channels driven

About to trash my two year old Onkyo with HDMI problems, I'll pass

hdmi channels went on mine within 10 days. Never again.

was really excited for this till i read about all the HDMI problems above!!! i guess if you get one that actually works it's a great deal =P

Tried several HDMI cables. When I hooked everything thru the TV, no dropouts. Unfortunately Onkyo has not rectified its historical problems with its HDMI boards.
HTH

Tried several HDMI cables. When I hooked everything thru the TV, no dropouts. Unfortunately Onkyo has not rectified its historical problems with its HDMI boards.
HTH

I remember when I first got my Onkyo 605 and was so impressed with it. Then right after the warranty expired the hdmi switching started giving me issues and just stopped working altogether. This seems to be such a widespread issue on so many Onkyo models past and present. I don't think I'll ever go with Onkyo again.

synnyster said:   I remember when I first got my Onkyo 605 and was so impressed with it. Then right after the warranty expired the hdmi switching started giving me issues and just stopped working altogether. This seems to be such a widespread issue on so many Onkyo models past and present. I don't think I'll ever go with Onkyo again.
Did you contact Onkyo? Similar issue with mine, they authorized free repair at a local authorized shop after the warranty expired, as it is a known issue.

That said, if you read through the Onkyo threads in the AVS forums, quality appears to have gone downhill. I have been an Onkyo fan for more than 10 years, will likely move to Yamaha for my next receiver.

I've had three Onkyos over the years, and two of them had "audio dropout" issues. I got one of them repaired at the authorized repair center (20 miles away). I'm going with a different brand this time.

I got a great deal on a Onkyo ht-rc360 about 2.5 years ago. It was the only receiver at that time that with as many HDMI ports as I needed and able to get Pandora under $600 and it was only $250. I totally loved it. It crapped out a few weeks after warranty. I'll never get another Onkyo again.

edit: I should mention that researching my problems I discovered this is a super common thing for this model and a lot of other Onkyos

Wish I could disagree, but I can't. After it sat at the local service center for over two months with no action, Onkyo replaced my 605 with a 606. Same HDMI issues, and I have just been suffering through them. It works as long as I don't turn it off, but after a power failure, it takes several hours to come back to life. It is apparently a common issue with bad capacitors that only work after they expand due to heat, hence the 24/7 power bill. I absolutely love the features, the remote, the sound--if only they weren't so prone to failure, I'd never buy another brand, but sadly, next time I will look elsewhere.

This thread is so surprising. I have two onkyo receivers from eight years ago that still work great. I only want to replace them because they don't support hdmi inputs.

I guess I'll continue waiting. Strange though, hdmi tech isn't complicated.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014