• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Canon S110 Digital Camera Bundle Link $190
Canon PIXMA PRO-100 Professional Photo Inkjet Printer +Free Canon SG-201 Photo Paper $389

Once you add both Bundle and Printer with free paper in the cart, the cart will show all the items and cart total as $579

Download Rebate here and fill it out and check the part that said Printer + photo paper + camera = $400 AE reward card

Adorama
See Adorama promo codes that earn 3.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Canon S110 Digital Camera Bundle
Thanks Funnyman1026
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Wow. Nice find. You can probably flip the printer for a few bucks back on top of that.

Don't forget 2% FW Cash Back, that's $11.58.

Good deal OP.

Just a note, the printer is very big and weighs a lot. Shipping it out will be work. (I know, I sold one of them.)

I got an S100 about six weeks ago - loved the camera but found it has a notorious chronic "stuck lens" issue which I experienced in the first 30 days, so I sent it back to Adorama for a refund. (no hassles.) When they had the S110 about two weeks ago for $190 (no rebate but with case and 8GB card), I got that instead. I really don't like the S110 as much as the S100, though they internally much the same camera. The exterior design feels more awkward, more ordinary. I also couldn't get the WiFi to connect on the camera, so that feature is about useless - wish it had the S100's GPS instead, something I would use. But the S110 should work and take nice pictures.

You also must cut off the UPC symbol from the box for the rebate (You must physically cut off the UPC leaving a hole in the box - it specifically says that on the rebate form.) So if you want to resell it you are going to have to repair the box by taping some king of cardboard on before being able to ship it out.

jpessin3 said:   You also must cut off the UPC symbol from the box for the rebate (You must physically cut off the UPC leaving a hole in the box - it specifically says that on the rebate form.) So if you want to resell it you are going to have to repair the box by taping some king of cardboard on before being able to ship it out.
  Its a tiny ~1.5x1 inch hole...yes put some tape over it but really no big deal.  Most of these printers are sold sans UPC because they're all rebate deals.

I got in on this when it included the 16GB SD extreme and camera case.  Just waiting on rebate now.  Anyone who's considering...this printer box is HUGE and HEAVY.  It's bigger than one of the trunks you put at the foot of your bed.  Local sale on CL is your best bet.

ahallfatwallett said:   I got an S100 about six weeks ago - loved the camera but found it has a notorious chronic "stuck lens" issue which I experienced in the first 30 days, so I sent it back to Adorama for a refund. (no hassles.) When they had the S110 about two weeks ago for $190 (no rebate but with case and 8GB card), I got that instead. I really don't like the S110 as much as the S100, though they internally much the same camera. The exterior design feels more awkward, more ordinary. I also couldn't get the WiFi to connect on the camera, so that feature is about useless - wish it had the S100's GPS instead, something I would use. But the S110 should work and take nice pictures.
I purchased a refurb S100 from Canon. The S110 is cheaper and better solely by the specs, but I preferred the front grip and the physical buttons versus the touchscreen. Because of this, I am in the strange position of having spent more on an older, "lesser" camera by choice.

chrispitude said:   
ahallfatwallett said:   I got an S100 about six weeks ago - loved the camera but found it has a notorious chronic "stuck lens" issue which I experienced in the first 30 days, so I sent it back to Adorama for a refund. (no hassles.) When they had the S110 about two weeks ago for $190 (no rebate but with case and 8GB card), I got that instead. I really don't like the S110 as much as the S100, though they internally much the same camera. The exterior design feels more awkward, more ordinary. I also couldn't get the WiFi to connect on the camera, so that feature is about useless - wish it had the S100's GPS instead, something I would use. But the S110 should work and take nice pictures.
I purchased a refurb S100 from Canon. The S110 is cheaper and better solely by the specs, but I preferred the front grip and the physical buttons versus the touchscreen. Because of this, I am in the strange position of having spent more on an older, "lesser" camera by choice.

Yeah, my S100 was a refurb, too.  When the lens got stuck open 25 days after I got it and would not retract until I played with it for half an hour, I googled and found this is a common problem ("Lens Error") with the S series, but a couple of series of serial numbers were particularly prone to them:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer?pageKeyCode=prdAdvDetail&docId=0901e024805ab992 

See if your serial number starts with a number between 29 and 41 (mine started with 41).  If so, Canon will apparently still fix it out of warranty if you have this problem.  But if you read up, some people experience the problem with their S100 twice.  I just didn't want to worry about it - so I returned it to Adorama for a refund instead of sending it in for warranty support.  And I didn't want to have it happen while I was on vacation or something.

ahallfatwallett said:   See if your serial number starts with a number between 29 and 41 (mine started with 41).  If so, Canon will apparently still fix it out of warranty if you have this problem.  But if you read up, some people experience the problem with their S100 twice.  I just didn't want to worry about it - so I returned it to Adorama for a refund instead of sending it in for warranty support.  And I didn't want to have it happen while I was on vacation or something.
Hrmm. Mine starts with 41, but hasn't done it yet. We also don't use it often either. Thanks for the heads-up.

ahallfatwallett said:   

chrispitude said:   

Funny, I didn't realize the external design was something other people disliked too. I liked the S100 a lot and I like the S110 as a camera just as much if not more, but I really don't care for what they did with the grip.

Anyway, it's still an amazing camera and a great buy at this price. I've sold the PIXMA PRO-100 + photo paper for $95 on craigslist (SF Bay Area) a few months ago. Craigslist is flooded with these printers for ~$150 but I'm not sure how much luck they have at the price.

http://www.cameralabs.com/reviews/Canon_PowerShot_S110/
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/panasonic-lumix-dmc-gm1/10

Don't go Crazy over this 2011 release - it's pretty good for a pocket P&S, but it's definitely not the 'best' out there for all purposes. (You can use the S120 in the 2nd link to compare - S110 is quite similar.)

+ 24mm zoom. Only the LX7, Fuji XF1, and a handful have ~24mm with a slightly larger than 1/2.3" sensor at this price range for a P&S.
+ 24fps movie mode - good for movie makers. (- Blurry for everyone else going to 60p for action sports, etc. You can always use software to render into a nice 24fps from 60fps, but can't go the other way.)
+ Pocketable
+ WiFi/Smartphone features
- No manual movie controls at all to speak of. LX7 has them all.
- Lens goes from bright to dark at zoom; LX7 stays bright all the way through, far better for low light shots.
- Smaller sensor than RX100 (the ultimate in pocketable P&S cameras, although at $400+) - thus, nowhere near the high-iso image quality or resolution.
- Soft corners vs LX7 - lens is very good, not great.
http://www.popco.net/zboard/view.php?id=dica_review&no=833
http://www.popco.net/zboard/view.php?id=dica_review&no=817

If anybody is concerned, I just checked the Canon rebate site - they received my submission and approved it (status is "Audit completed"). I used an e-mail printout of the invoice from Adorama.

Does anyone have a link to the old rebate? The one in the link is referencing a purchase between January and March?

the printer came with 3 proof of purchase upc, did you mail all 3 or just the main one?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014