• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Asus 15.6' Touch-Screen Laptop with 3rd Gen Intel Core i3 Processor, 4GB Memory and 500GB Hard Drive @ Best Buy - $399.99
compare at $462.73
Free In-Store Pick-Up

Need a new laptop before heading back to school? Check out this Asus 15.6'' Touchscreen Laptop for $63 off the next lowest price with free shipping.

• 3rd Gen Intel Core i3 Processor.
  • 15'' LED-backlit HD Widescreen Touchscreen Display.
  • 4GB Memory and 500GB Hard Drive.
  • Intel HD Graphics 4000.
  • Microsoft Windows 8 64-Bit OS.

(FatWallet Deal Hunter staff posts are certified ad-free. No money, bribes, or candy have been accepted.)

Member Summary

Asus 15.6' Touch-Screen Laptop with 3rd Gen Intel Core i3 Processor, 4GB Memory and 500GB Hard Drive
Thanks Virgil27
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

in stores only . Not in my area.

I got one Gateway at same price and parts

Optical Drive Not included

This unit was sold out at most stores around my area.

That said, there is Lenovo S415 at microcenter which has slightly faster CPU at $30 more ($429), and it is 14" screen with touch screen.
(Some consider Lenovo to have better build)

It would be a good deal if it wasn't sold out everywhere.

It is a good deal and a very nice laptop. $60 more at Amazon. Bestbuy has an HP with DVD and slightly faster AMD processor for just $50 more if you can't find this deal in stock.

Link to previously mention $449 HP with DVD and slightly faster AMD processors for hose that can not find the Asus in stock at their local store...
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-pavilion-touchsmart-15-6-touch-sc...

Reminds me of the story of the lady who walked into the meat store and asked how much lamb chops cost, the guy behind the counter said $12.99/pound and the lady goes but the guy across the street is only charging $8.99/pound so the guy in the meat store says then why don't you just buy it across the street and she says because they are out of lamb chops so the guy goes lady, when I'm out of lamb chops I sell them for $1.99/pound.

jpessin3 said:   Reminds me of the story of the lady who walked into the meat store and asked how much lamb chops cost, the guy behind the counter said $12.99/pound and the lady goes but the guy across the street is only charging $8.99/pound so the guy in the meat store says then why don't you just buy it across the street and she says because they are out of lamb chops so the guy goes lady, when I'm out of lamb chops I sell them for $1.99/pound.

The $399 sus is in stockA at m local store.  Was just trying to help those tat said that it was not available in their local store.  

Virgil27 said:    15.6' Touch-Screen Laptop

That's one helluva big screen!

Does it have room for a second hard drive? I'm thinking maybe it does since it does not have an optical drive?

i have a 14" version. Solid build, feels high quality. touch pad a little sensitive.

3-cell battery only, i think its kind of weak to leave out the optical drive on a ~5lb 15.6" laptop

arribasn said:   i think its kind of weak to leave out the optical drive on a ~5lb 15.6" laptop
  This is becoming more and more the norm for laptops / ultrabooks.  I personally do not use my optical drive too often, especially since you can mount images on a USB jump drive.  I did buy my brother an external USB burner for about $12 for when he wants to burn CDs. 

Jobs said optical disk is dead long time ago.
Thus most Macbooks does not have optical drive.
Now others are catching up finally.

sylwiawasowicz said:   in stores only . Not in my area.

Maybe this changed since it has been a week or so, but it says free shipping and appears to be available online. 

It looks like it is now $379 and free shipping

ptdalen said:   It looks like it is now $379 and free shipping
 Thanks for pointing out that better price - green for you!
'Shipping not available' for me and at checkout it prompts to select a store for in-store pickup. The only store (of 10) in my area with availability is  45 minutes away so the cost of gas chews up most of the savings

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014