• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Receiver
Disclaimer
Best Buy via eBay has the Onkyo HT-R2295 7.1-Channel 3D A/V Home Theater Receiver on sale for $149.99 ($499.99 MSRP). The next low price I could find for this model was on eBay for $299.

• Audyssey 2EQ, Dynamic EQ and Dynamic Volume
  • 910W total power (130W x 7)
  • 4x HDMI
  • Compatibility with 3D TVs, blu-ray players & gaming consoles

Member Summary

Onkyo HT-R2295
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
No, it was many models. I think it was anything that used that HDMI board which went into a lot of systems.

DaKahuna (Jan. 02, 2014 @ 6:14p) |

Now showing up as $349.99.

Grablife (Jan. 03, 2014 @ 12:54a) |

BlurryEyed (Jan. 03, 2014 @ 10:17a) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Anyone know why the price of this is so low? This is a reputable company!

They still have HDMI audio dropout issues.

Do not buy !!!

blueribb said:   Repost

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1329596/

Same reciever for the same price, but from a different merchant; this one if from Best Buy via eBay.

Logician1313 said:   

Same reciever for the same price, but from a different merchant; this one if from Best Buy via eBay.

Best Buy is the seller for both but do you save tax buying through eBay ?
Can you order an extended warranty through eBay ?
Does buying through eBay add to your Best Buy rewards status ?

I have had two different Onkyo receivers in my HT over the last 5 years. Upgraded to more hdmi inputs for the second one. Never had an issue with the first one. Still using the second one daily. I go from four different inputs to a projector. Maybe that's the difference.

blueribb said:   
Logician1313 said:   

Best Buy is the seller for both but do you save tax buying through eBay ?
Can you order an extended warranty through eBay ?
Does buying through eBay add to your Best Buy rewards status ?

​Get free shipping but no break on tax for me:  

Subtotal (1 item): $149.99
Shipping to: FREE
Sales Tax: $9.00

Total: $158.99

Wow, amazing price. Same here, I use a similar Onkyo (RC360) every day to feed all of our entertainment from a central unit. Have been using for 1.5 years and not a single issue so far.

A lot of people have had HDMI dropout issues with the Onkyo receivers,  I own an Onkyo TX-NR616 that I purchased for $150 about 7 months ago after a bunch of bad reviews for the same issue. I did a lot of research and found people saying the update software fix was successful if you follow the instructions. Ive had zero issues after performing the update and love it. There are some certain steps in the update process that needs to be followed, if you don't Im pretty sure it doesn't update correctly.  In any case, Ive been pleased with my receiver especially when its a $699 MSRP and average street prices have been $320. There may be other model units with more features for the same price as this one, but I would not hesitate buying another Onkyo.

chapmanra2013 said:   Best Buy via eBay has the Onkyo HT-R2295 7.1-Channel 3D A/V Home Theater Receiver on sale for $149.99 ($499.99 MSRP). The next low price I could find for this model was on eBay for $299.

• Audyssey 2EQ, Dynamic EQ and Dynamic Volume
  • 910W total power (130W x 7)
  • 4x HDMI
  • Compatibility with 3D TVs, blu-ray players & gaming consoles

This is a 7.1 + 2 channel receiver. Unlike some zone-2 7.1 receivers that implement the 5.1 + 2 setup, despite of the nice 130WPC power rating, this one has a full 7.1 system plus a additional pair of stereo channels for zone-2 music listening, which is decent and unusual for receivers at this price range.

However, the distortion level of this unit is quite high, I personally believe the zone-2 channels are just for non-serious usage.

huntermichael said:   A lot of people have had HDMI dropout issues with the Onkyo receivers,  I own an Onkyo TX-NR616 that I purchased for $150 about 7 months ago after a bunch of bad reviews for the same issue. I did a lot of research and found people saying the update software fix was successful if you follow the instructions. Ive had zero issues after performing the update and love it. There are some certain steps in the update process that needs to be followed, if you don't Im pretty sure it doesn't update correctly.  In any case, Ive been pleased with my receiver especially when its a $699 MSRP and average street prices have been $320. There may be other model units with more features for the same price as this one, but I would not hesitate buying another Onkyo.

Dude...where did you find a TX-NR616 for $150?! That's more than 60% off retail and THX Certified!

It (the original Onkyo deal, not the TX-NR616) is the same price on the BestBuy.com website.
Which is good for me, because I had a couple $50 gift cards to use, and I doubt I could have used them on eBay.

I'm replacing an old, non-DTS Denon AVR-3200 (from around 1996-7?) and will finally have DTS support. Yay for me!

Network capability???

This sure is a good deal, there's no doubt about it. Although it is 80W into 8 ohms which is plenty for most people, 130 into 6 ohms and there is no video upconversion. Still a good deal.

BlurryEyed said:   
huntermichael said:   A lot of people have had HDMI dropout issues with the Onkyo receivers,  I own an Onkyo TX-NR616 that I purchased for $150 about 7 months ago after a bunch of bad reviews for the same issue. I did a lot of research and found people saying the update software fix was successful if you follow the instructions. Ive had zero issues after performing the update and love it. There are some certain steps in the update process that needs to be followed, if you don't Im pretty sure it doesn't update correctly.  In any case, Ive been pleased with my receiver especially when its a $699 MSRP and average street prices have been $320. There may be other model units with more features for the same price as this one, but I would not hesitate buying another Onkyo.

Dude...where did you find a TX-NR616 for $150?! That's more than 60% off retail and THX Certified!

When they first came out everyone was sending them back to Onkyo because of the HDMI issue and then bad reviews ensued. No one would buy them even after they fixed the issue, I actually got it from Onkyo direct, refurbished and had a coupon code. After all was said and done it came to that price, I couldn't believe I was getting it for that price. They had about 5 at that price and they sold pretty fast. check here frequently and sign uo for there club, you'll get special pricing.  https://www.shoponkyo.com/products_refurb.cfm?specials=1&group_id=1

There were early HDMI dropout issues that for many (including me) firmware fixed. Up until a couple of weeks ago I loved my  TX-NR509 that I got for a song and has been great. But then I suddenly got the no audio problem that seems to plague many Onkyo models after a couple of years. They seem to have a chronic problem with failing capacitors on the HDMI board. In many cases it affects more than just the HDMI functionality. Like many that have this problem, mine was a couple months out of warranty. I'm going to try to repair mine since Onkyo wants more to repair it, than I paid originally.

Not trying to thread crap or even bad mouth Onkyo as every company has occasional issues with a component here and there. Unfortunately this issue seems to cut across a lot of products for a very long time. I'd hope that by now they redesigned or spent the extra nickle for better caps. If you are considering this or other Onkyo receivers, you may want to Google around and have a look at the many threads over at AVS about this issues.

Some Onkyo HDMI related threads 

DaKahuna said:   There were early HDMI dropout issues that for many (including me) firmware fixed. Up until a couple of weeks ago I loved my  TX-NR509 that I got for a song and has been great. But then I suddenly got the no audio problem that seems to plague many Onkyo models after a couple of years. They seem to have a chronic problem with failing capacitors on the HDMI board. In many cases it affects more than just the HDMI functionality. Like many that have this problem, mine was a couple months out of warranty. I'm going to try to repair mine since Onkyo wants more to repair it, than I paid originally.

Not trying to thread crap or even bad mouth Onkyo as every company has occasional issues with a component here and there. Unfortunately this issue seems to cut across a lot of products for a very long time. I'd hope that by now they redesigned or spent the extra nickle for better caps. If you are considering this or other Onkyo receivers, you may want to Google around and have a look at the many threads over at AVS about this issues.

My brother's NR606 has been running flawlessy for over 5 years now. He's never even updated the firmware. My HTIB Onkyo (no HDMI) has been running flawlessy for over 7 years now...

Just some food for thought, Onkyo has always been a reputable lower-end receiver brand IMO and I wouldn't hesitate to purchase another one.

hunter2010 said:   Network capability???

None for this model. But if you bought a Chromecast or Roku, you probably wouldn't care so much and have a much more pleasurable experience.. I want my receiver doing one thing: Pushing quality Audio/Video. I don't need networking or bluetooth built in. Not when there are sooo any other options around that get regular updates/firmware as opposed to the 1 or less update a year model for receivers/tv's....my $.02

BlurryEyed said:   
DaKahuna said:   There were early HDMI dropout issues that for many (including me) firmware fixed. Up until a couple of weeks ago I loved my  TX-NR509 that I got for a song and has been great. But then I suddenly got the no audio problem that seems to plague many Onkyo models after a couple of years. They seem to have a chronic problem with failing capacitors on the HDMI board. In many cases it affects more than just the HDMI functionality. Like many that have this problem, mine was a couple months out of warranty. I'm going to try to repair mine since Onkyo wants more to repair it, than I paid originally.

My brother's NR606 has been running flawlessy for over 5 years now. He's never even updated the firmware. My HTIB Onkyo (no HDMI) has been running flawlessy for over 7 years now...

Just some food for thought, Onkyo has always been a reputable lower-end receiver brand IMO and I wouldn't hesitate to purchase another one.

I actually agree with this and have been a fan of and recommended Onkyo for years. I hate to speak ill of them, but really the problems with systems failing after a couple of years have been quite bad, so it's worth at least understanding before pulling the trigger. 

DaKahuna said:   
BlurryEyed said:   

I actually agree with this and have been a fan of and recommended Onkyo for years. I hate to speak ill of them, but really the problems with systems failing after a couple of years have been quite bad, so it's worth at least understanding before pulling the trigger. 

Wasn't it really just the NR515 though? That was the only unit I heard to avoid...its hard to avoid though as its very feature rich

No, it was many models. I think it was anything that used that HDMI board which went into a lot of systems. 

Now showing up as $349.99.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014