Coupons2
Disclaimer

coupons1
Disclaimer

coupons3
Disclaimer
Staples Weekly Ad (1/5 - 1/11)
Starts Sunday January 5, 2014
Please note:  Page numbers may differ region to region, and from print version.

1.5" Avery Binders (pg 1)
$8.49 - $6.49 easy rebate- $2 when you recycle = FREE
Limit 4

Ink Recycle (pg 1):
Buy $60 HP Ink or of the same H-P toner cartridges
Get $6 back in Staple's Rewards® per cartridge (limit 5) when you recycle on the same day.
Plus get 15% back in Staple's Rewards (presumably on the ink/toner purchase)

Staple's Coupons (pg 5 and 13):
$1 off Kleenex 4 pack
$1 off Lysol Wipes 3/pack, 35/pack
$1 off Germex hand sanitizer
$1 off Dawn antibacterial dish soap (38 oz)
$1 off Bounty Towels, 6 rolls
25% off All Duracell Coppertop and quantum Batteries
...and a few more...

HP 20" Monitor $89.99 (pg 6)

Paper
Hammermill Copy Paper
$7.79 - $4.79 easy rebate = $3  (Limit 4)

Staple's 8.5" x 11" multipurpose paper, 10-ream case
$51.99 - $37 easy rebate = $14.99 (limit 2)
(I haven't been following the case/paper deals.  Possible use of coupon early in the week?)

Trade in and save:
$20 when you trade-in and buy shredder reg priced $99.99 or more.

Staple's 8 Sheet Shredder  (pg 4)
$59.99 - $20 instant savings - $20 easy rebate = $19.99

Brother Labelers (sale price, no easy rebate):
PT-90 $9.99
2030: $19.99
2730: $49.99

Staples
See Staples coupons that earn Up to 2.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

staples
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Should have noted you got the $6 per cart before replying. Yes, that is strange. One but not the other. Well it is Stapl... (more)

mathfaster (Jan. 14, 2014 @ 10:26a) |

Contacted Customer Support via email (which was a little hard to find). Shared the issue. Am being provided a "Courtesy ... (more)

kmsandrbs (Jan. 15, 2014 @ 2:10p) |

Received rebate check of $207.xx for all 32 binders today.

ShakuniMama (Feb. 21, 2014 @ 4:11p) |

Avery Binder Deal Details
Assorted SKUs
Limit 4 rebates per household. Plus tax where applicable.
In store only. For every binder you recycle in store, get $2 off the purchase of any new binder, same-day transaction required. Each binder purchased can only be discounted by one coupon, applied by cashier in the order received and prior to tax. Binder to be recycled must be surrendered. No cash/credit back. Not valid on prior purchases or purchases made with Staple's Procurement or Convenience Cards. Binder must be empty of contents.

$6 Ink Recycle Details
Limit 5 per customer. Multipack toners count as one.
3 Valid 1/5/14-1/11/14. HP toner multipacks count as one. Purchase $60 of H-P ink or 2 of the same H-P toners in one transaction and earn 15% back in Staple's Rewards on all HP ink and toner in that transaction and earn $6 per recycled cartridge. Limit of 5 recycled cartridges will receive $6. Price eligible for meeting minimum spend requirement is amount paid at checkout after application of all promotions, coupons, instant savings, and Rewards redemptions and does not include tax or shipping. Standard percent back in Staples Rewards will be excluded from purchases receiving 15% back. Staples Rewards are issued online monthly, but only if the value of the reward is at least $10. Rewards expire no less than 90 days after issuance. Balances of less than $10 expire at the end of the calendar quarter. Staples Rewards membership is FREE. Limit one Staples Rewards account per person or at any mailing address. Membership number must be supplied during purchase to receive benefits. Rewards earned after application of all promotions, coupons, rewards redeemed and instant savings, and are not earned on taxes and shipping charges. For full program details, visit staplesrewards.com. Recycle any ink or toner cartridge, up to 10 per calendar month per customer, and, if the member has spent at least $30 in ink and/or toner purchases at Staple's over the previous 180 days, the member will receive $2 back in Staples Rewards per cartridge. Ink and/or toner purchases made on the date of recycling are calculated toward minimum purchase requirement. Minimum purchase requirement is net of coupons, taxes and shipping charges. We will recycle additional cartridges but rewards will only be issued for 10 per calendar month per customer. Ink Recycling Rewards are issued online monthly, separately from your standard Staple's Rewards statement. Ink resellers and remanufacturers are strictly prohibited from earning Ink Recycling Rewards.
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

dazviking said:   Staples Weekly Ad (1/5 - 1/11)
Starts Sunday January 5, 2014

1.5" Avery Binders
$8.49 - $6.49 easy rebate- $2 when you recycle = FREE

Ink Recycle:
Buy $60 HP Ink (or two toner Cartridges)
Get $6 back in Staples Rewards® per cartridge (limit 5)
Plus get 15% back in Staples Rewards®

Staples Coupons (pg 5):
$1 off Kleenex 4 pack
$1 off Lysol Wipes 3/pack, 35/pack
$1 off Germex hand sanitizer
25% off All Duracell Coppertop and quantum Batteries

HP 20" Monitor $89.99 (pg 6)
More to follow

daz, what is the rebate limit on the binders? TIA

Limit 4 on the Binders. (OP updated...and QS updated to list details)

dazviking said:   Limit 4 on the Binders. (OP updated...and QS updated to list details)

Great.. Will cash in the promoGcs....

if a person likes to use the expired coupons, the hammermill coupon might still work on sunday...

How many binders I have to recycle? Any ideas.

nahata22 said:   How many binders I have to recycle? Any ideas.

Is this a guessing game?  I'll guess... 23.

For being a Premier Rewards member, if I buy $60 worth of HP ink and recycle 20, then I get

$60 + $3.6 (6% tax for MD where I live) - $6x5 (promotional reward) - $2x15 (standard reward) - $9 (15% back in reward) = -$5.4

So, $60 of ink for free +$5.4 money maker.
Not a bad deal

nahata22 said:   How many binders I have to recycle? Any ideas.
Should be easy to figure out.  Take a look on your shelves and count.  Since the limit is four you won't have to perform any multiplication (unless you have two on one shelf, and two on another).

tonysohn said:   For being a Premier Rewards member, if I buy $60 worth of HP ink and recycle 20, then I get

$60 + $3.6 (6% tax for MD where I live) - $6x5 (promotional reward) - $2x15 (standard reward) - $9 (15% back in reward) = -$5.4

Not a bad deal

I know I should know this but never actually did the ink recycle with stappless  (shame on me).  But where do you get 20 recycle cartridges ? Ebayy ?

Sorry if am asking dumb question here.

tonysohn said:   For being a Premier Rewards member, if I buy $60 worth of HP ink and recycle 20, then I get

Not a bad deal

Or don't buy any ink:
- $2 x 20 (standard reward) = $40 money maker.

(of course this is not considering if you need the ink, or plan to sell the ink)

gocint said:   

Not a bad deal

I know I should know this but never actually did the ink recycle with stappless  (shame on me).  But where do you get 20 recycle cartridges ? Ebayy ?

Sorry if am asking dumb question here.

Yes, I buy bunch (several hundreds) of empty cartridges from eBay. Just search for "empty ink cartridges".

dazviking said:   

Not a bad deal

Or don't buy any ink:

(of course this is not considering if you need the ink, or plan to sell the ink)

Exactly

dazviking said:   

Not a bad deal

Or don't buy any ink:

or if you are past 180 days of having bought ink last while needing to recycle ink carts ... 

So ink buying reserved for once in about 7 months ...

Did Staples discontinue using paypal instead of rebate checks ? I wasn't given the choice for the paper rebates.

bertgold said:   Did Staples discontinue using paypal instead of rebate checks ? I wasn't given the choice for the paper rebates.

yes, it changed around Black Friday. Check for rebates under $10 per item, Visa Prepaid for all rebates over $10 per item. no other options.

Is there an easy way to tell when the 180 days end and I need to buy more ink? I don't see it anywhere on the rewards site.

Thank you

myhotrs said:   Is there an easy way to tell when the 180 days end and I need to buy more ink? I don't see it anywhere on the rewards site.
 look at your Year to Date Summary.  It will show you in which month you purchased ink.
Then if you look at that month's purchase history you can find the exact date.  Calculate from there.  I *think* someone posted a calculator at some point.
But no, Staples does not keep track of it for you.

Awesome, thanks my4mainecoons!

VivYip said:   if a person likes to use the expired coupons, the hammermill coupon might still work on sunday...
 This week's coupon is only $1 off.  Next week's coupon should be $3 off, if there is going to be one.  Otherwise, it's probably not worth buying.

thanks daz.  Nice to have a complete OP instead of just a link to the ad.

Will the $15 OFF
your ink purchase of $75 or more this week work on Sunday?

Two questions:
1. In order to qualify for next 6 months Ink Cart Rewards do I have to recycle the carts in the same transaction?
2. Which type of binders do they accept for recycling?
Thanks

bertgold said:   Did Staples discontinue using paypal instead of rebate checks ? I wasn't given the choice for the paper rebates.

MISTERCHEAP said:   yes, it changed around Black Friday. Check for rebates under $10 per item, Visa Prepaid for all rebates over $10 per item. no other options.
It's also worth noting that if you buy two or more identical <$10 rebate items and their total rebate amount goes over $10, you'll still get a check.

Hmmm, that sounds confusing, so here's an example. This week's photo paper gets you a $9.49 rebate. If you buy two, you'll get a check for $18.98 because each rebate is <$10.

ShakuniMama said:   Two questions:
1. In order to qualify for next 6 months Ink Cart Rewards do I have to recycle the carts in the same transaction?
Thanks

- Recycle in the same transaction, or any transaction after purchasing the inks, not before.
- You need to buy ink with a form of payment other than rewards. Or at least $30 of the ink total should be paid for that way.
- It's not 6 months. It's 180 days. Even if February is included, it's less than 6 months.
- On the plus side, you can get 7 recycles out of one purchase. Say you buy ink near the end of January. You can still recycle in early July, provided your 180 days are not up. Then buy your next ink end of August.

my4mainecoons said:   
myhotrs said:   Is there an easy way to tell when the 180 days end and I need to buy more ink? I don't see it anywhere on the rewards site.
 look at your Year to Date Summary.  It will show you in which month you purchased ink.
Then if you look at that month's purchase history you can find the exact date.  Calculate from there.  I *think* someone posted a calculator at some point.
But no, Staples does not keep track of it for you.

While I am too lazy to put a simple page on my webhost to do +180 days, if you keep track of your last ink buy day in excel, you can just do =A1+180 (where A1 = the cell with your ink buy date) and it will auto calculate the date for you.

dazviking said:   
Staple's 8.5" x 11" multipurpose paper, 10-ream case
$51.99 - $37 easy rebate = $14.99 (limit 2)
(I haven't been following the case/paper deals.  Possible use of coupon early in the week?)

More to follow

This week's case paper coupon I believe is for $5 off. I guess if someone is looking for more paper, then use this week's coupon combined with the $10 off $50 email coupon and pay with rewards to get the case for almost free. If not using rewards, then combined with tax is not worth in my opinion, unless someone is desperate for more paper.

my4mainecoons said:   thanks daz.  Nice to have a complete OP instead of just a link to the ad.
  You're welcome.  Hard to get everything the first (or second and third) go around.  But if there's something of interest that I missed, I'll add to op.

(Added shredder "trade-in and save", $20 shredder, and a few labelers.)

Sorry for the newb Q; havent recycled ink in a while.

I saw this in the fine print for $6 back in Staples Rewards: "per recycled cartridge when you spend $60 of HP ink or 2 of the same HP toners and recycle on the same day"

Question:
Do I need to recycle 5 cartridges (for the $6 per cartridge reward) same day that I purchase the ink?
If I order the ink online, how does this work?

fwuser12 said:   Sorry for the newb Q; havent recycled ink in a while.
=13px  

This is a VERY good thread to read to get the latest 'how to maneuver Staples' info-- http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/deal-discussion/1157891/.  

bbway said:   Will the $15 OFF

Wondering the same.  Do all Staples coupons have the 2-day grace period?

FullTimeDad said:   
bbway said:   Will the $15 OFF

Wondering the same.  Do all Staples coupons have the 2-day grace period?

Most do work for 2 days after...and I'm optimistic this one will too. 

I saw this in the fine print for $6 back in Staples Rewards: "per recycled cartridge when you spend $60 of HP ink or 2 of the same HP toners and recycle on the same day"

Question:
Do I need to recycle 5 cartridges (for the $6 per cartridge reward) same day that I purchase the ink?
If I order the ink online, how does this work?

I just edited op to include "when you recycle on the same day".  Sorry, I missed that before.  I also added the terms to the QS.

One thing I didn't see was the terms for buying $60 H-P ink online/phone.  Usually there is a couple day allowance.

Does anyone else have ink recycling issues?

Ever since they changed the rules to purchase ink every 180 days I've had to CALL to get my ink recycling rewards. EVERY month. Once again, I ordered ink in Sept 2013 and I have not received my Oct or Nov rewards. I have called, they supposedly have "added" my purchase of ink (which they should have done when purchased by my phone number) and I still have not received those 2 months rewards. I have called several times. They assure me the rewards will be posted to my account. The records show I have turned in 10 cartridges each month but reward value .00. What's the trick? I didn't used to have any trouble at all before you had to purchase ink. Weird!

Hope recycle works well for me this year.  Just bought my 300 empties for the year (about 14.5 cents each).  Have 5 on hand to get me through this weekend.  Will do the other 15 for the month once mine arrive.

Don't really need that much ink, so am looking for something (ink/toner) to buy for the wife to resell on eBay.  ONLY looking to buy the $30 required every 180 days (or $60 required for this weekend's deal).  Any suggestions (model numbers) for ink / toner to buy for ebaying?  If too much info (secrets) to post, some kind soul that can see I am longtime FW'er can PM me.  Even if it is over 60 or 75 (I do have the 10% off all ink keytag, and probably have the 15 off 75 in HP coupon that is about to exp).

TIA!

Tech

labboypro said:   
=13px  

This is a VERY good thread to read to get the latest 'how to maneuver Staples' info-- http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/deal-discussion/1157891/.  

if you are looking specifically for ink recycling info like I was, go to this thread that is more geared to ink recycling

clyman1 said:   Does anyone else have ink recycling issues?

If the ink purchase is not properly recorded in your Rewards account, you will ALWAYS have problem receiving the recycling credits.

clyman1 said:   Does anyone else have ink recycling issues?

Ever since they changed the rules to purchase ink every 180 days I've had to CALL to get my ink recycling rewards. EVERY month. Once again, I ordered ink in Sept 2013 and I have not received my Oct or Nov rewards. I have called, they supposedly have "added" my purchase of ink (which they should have done when purchased by my phone number) and I still have not received those 2 months rewards. I have called several times. They assure me the rewards will be posted to my account. The records show I have turned in 10 cartridges each month but reward value .00. What's the trick? I didn't used to have any trouble at all before you had to purchase ink. Weird!

YES!  This happened to me on an online order that showed as a 'special order' instead of an actual ink purchase.  I fought w/them over the phone and they assured me this was a 'one time problem'.  Then I REMINDED them it was a 12 time problem because I would have to do this every month!

My solution:  I went to local store, explained to the manager ( I brought paper copies of my rewards account showing 'special order', pricing, etc) and manager agreed that it was messed up.  So she 'sold' me the ink, using my rewards number (which now shows correctly in my account).  Then I 'returned' the ink w/o a receipt.  No money or ink exchanged hands.

The upside is I gained an extra $5 in rewards ($50 x 10%) and extended my time to purchase ink again by a month.  The downside is I spent over two hours dealing with this, and I made a non-receipt return (using driver license as ID).  Since I rarely (if ever) return product to the store w/o receipt, the latter is no big deal.  Hope this helps.

Skipping 144 Messages...
Received rebate check of $207.xx for all 32 binders today.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014