• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox 

http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=br_lf_m_8198213011_grlink_2?ie=UTF8&...

Offer expires 11:59 p.m. (Pacific Time) January 3, 2014, or while supplies last. Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel this offer at any time. Applies only to products sold by Amazon.com and Amazon Digital Services, Inc. If you return a savings item, the savings value will be subtracted from your return credit.

Member Summary

Tax Products
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
$21.99

Shutupandgetmymoney (Jan. 04, 2014 @ 12:57a) |

Miss the Deluxe? Check this out...
(googled online)

calvin888 (Jan. 04, 2014 @ 2:25a) |

Thanks! Smooth and easy.

junkbin (Jan. 05, 2014 @ 12:37p) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

thanks, OP.  Was looking for this deal!

goofypitbull said:   thanks, OP.  Was looking for this deal!
  you are welcome

For historical info purposes: I bought H&R Block premium fed and state from Amazon last year (1/5/13) for $26.99, download which was close to or the best deal I saw all tax season. Under this deal it is $31.99 boxed (need $35 for free shipping) or D/L.

Decisions, decisions.

I have downloaded this for free by keeping an eye on fatwallet and slickd---s but missed it a few years too. Worth it to just pay $20 bucks to get it for half price for me. Thank you to OP!

I almost purchased the basic edition yesterday for more than what I can get the Deluxe today. Thanks OP!

$17.99 for Deluxe (minus state). Perfect for me in TX!
Great price, thx.

great price, got premium for my rental properties.

Perfect timing! Thx OP!

Thanks OP. nice and early, and this is a great price.

Compatible with TurboTax? I mean can I switch easily from TT to this?

How many federal or State e-filings are free with this package?

Excellent! Glad I procrastinated end of year to purchase.

lkdeals said:   How many federal or State e-filings are free with this package?

5 federal
0 state

Thank you! Always feels good to check this one off the list...

WalterGuy said:   For historical info purposes: I bought H&R Block premium fed and state from Amazon last year (1/5/13) for $26.99, download which was close to or the best deal I saw all tax season. Under this deal it is $31.99 boxed (need $35 for free shipping) or D/L.

Decisions, decisions.

Similarly, I think the Deluxe got just a little cheaper in January/February last year, but only by about $1, so I think I will bite this time.

FWIW, there is a legit way to get deluxe + state (or higher) cheaper. First get the ISO from Shandril. Disconnect from internet. Mount the ISO & run tcauto.exe. After add the product in the cart, connect back to the internet and check out. Activation code will be sent from H&R Block to your email directly.

wait until march end and it will be $10 .

Thanks! Bought the Deluxe version with State for only $22 d/l. Also, for those that don't know, Schedule C is included in the Deluxe version. The real difference is that the Premium version has a self-employed adviser system but if you've ever had your taxes down by a good accountant in the past few years, or used a Premium version last year with the adviser system, you could probably duplicate all the right settings this year on your own without using the adviser.

GREAT deal as paid $25 (vs $22 for this deal) for boxed deluxe version a week ago on 12/27 under lightning deal.

what's the point of a lightning deal when AMZN comes out with a lower price a few days later?

This is 1st time for me. Can anyone help me in understanding which one is better - Turbo Tax or H&R?
I have joint return with single source of income and require it for both Fed and State.

Paks12 said:   This is 1st time for me. Can anyone help me in understanding which one is better - Turbo Tax or H&R?
I have joint return with single source of income and require it for both Fed and State.

Sounds like your tax return is very simple. Either product will do just fine. Any stock trading? 401K / IRA contributions? Real estate taxes or mortgage interest? Even those are all pretty basic tax activities with the software today, so it's unlikely unless you have special situations that one will be better than the other but could have some differences. It's usually in the special write-offs and deductions (charitable contributions, special tax forms) that the differences may come through.

No, I dont have trading and other stuffs you mentioned. It is simple and straightforward I assume.
So, I guess, TaxAct with 11.98 in other thread is best bet for me. Thanks !!

H&R Block 2013 Deluxe Federal+State is free until 2/14.

See http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/deal-discussion/1329140/
and nomansland post above.

Paks12 said:   No, I dont have trading and other stuffs you mentioned. It is simple and straightforward I assume.
So, I guess, TaxAct with 11.98 in other thread is best bet for me. Thanks !!

Nope. If you have a simple situation, which seems to be your case and is the case of the vast majority of taxpayers, you DO NOT NEED "TAX SOFTWARE". The IRS has a safe (we hope) and OFFICIAL site where you can enter your payroll data, etc. and all taxation is calculated as per applicable laws. Most states offer the same type of online tax calculator/paying system. BOTH ARE FREE (using our tax money of course, but still, they do not cost us a penny to "purchase".) I'm ashamed to say that it took me way too long to understand this simple reality: "tax software" is basically a scheme that makes these companies (Intuit, H&Rm, Taxact, etc.) millions of dollars by simply adding so-called "tax advice" to official government tax calculators...     

eurekaa said:   H&R Block 2013 Deluxe Federal+State is free until 2/14.

See http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/deal-discussion/1329140/ 
and nomansland post above.

Pay particular attention to faw169's post, I did it and all turned great, have used this program past 2 years and do like it!

After last years Block fiasco I am not giving them another dime.

Big Old Daddy

Which version includes Schedule A for tax filing?

Tried to PM on the phone with Staples, so I could use my $10 promotional gift cards. Made the mistake of telling them to go to Amazon.com and Deal of the Day. Said they cannot PM a daily deal. I checked the website and I guess it falls under "We don’t price match competitors’ or our own local or special events (e.g., grand opening, anniversary, clearance, timed sales or liquidation sales, “Black Friday” or “Cyber Monday” sales)."

WalterGuy said:   For historical info purposes: I bought H&R Block premium fed and state from Amazon last year (1/5/13) for $26.99, download which was close to or the best deal I saw all tax season. Under this deal it is $31.99 boxed (need $35 for free shipping) or D/L.

Decisions, decisions.

Yup.  Just $1 less 1/5/13.  That's the day I bought mine.  I guess that's measurable inflation.

$21.99

Disclaimer
Miss the Deluxe? Check this out...
(googled online)

nomansland said:   FWIW, there is a legit way to get deluxe + state (or higher) cheaper. First get the ISO from Shandril. Disconnect from internet. Mount the ISO & run tcauto.exe. After add the product in the cart, connect back to the internet and check out. Activation code will be sent from H&R Block to your email directly.
  Thanks! Smooth and easy.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014