• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Motorola MOTOACTV GPS Sports Watch and MP3 Player Deal - Tanga
Disclaimer

Tanga
See Tanga coupons that earn Up to 10.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

watch
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
MOTOACTV is a cutting-edge GPS fitness tracker, heart rate monitor enabled and smart MP3 player packed into a small, sweat proof and stylish device.

GPS and Accusense technology track your running, walking and cycling data like time, distance, speed, calories burned and heart rate. You can monitor your performance directly on your device and online at the Free MOTOACTV Training Portal. The smart MP3 player stores hours and hours of your favorite songs and actually “learns” what tunes motivate you the most.

MOTOACTV’s GPS and AccuSense™ sensors track your distance, time, speed, heart rate and calories burned so you can monitor your workouts. Also integrates data from optional sensors with ANT+ and BLE technology such as heart rate monitors, pedometers and bike sensors.

The Life Tracker provides ongoing Tracker – tracks steps and calories burned right on your watch screen.

This product is refurbished.
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

What kind of idiot is going to go running with one of these and use the MP3 player by connecting headphones to a headphone jack all the way down one's wrist?

Hint: not this idiot.

Might be better off using this armband.

I like that it has GPS (good if you're a trail runner and want to map where you've been) and looks cool overall.

Bagofchips said:   What kind of idiot is going to go running with one of these and use the MP3 player by connecting headphones to a headphone jack all the way down one's wrist?

I like that it has GPS (good if you're a trail runner and want to map where you've been) and looks cool overall.

Actually you can get a bluetooth headset which would solve the wire dangling on your wrist problem. A buddy of mine actually pick this up 3 years ago when it first came out for $249 after PM. He really like it especially with all the built-in features. For $250 back then, it was a bit much, for $83.98 - $133.97 its a ok price, but not sure how much longer the product will be supported as it is already discontinued and if google will continue to provide updates or development on it. Also, if I remember correctly, the 8gb doesn't come with the armband where as the 16gb comes complete. Looking at the description, looks like it might not come with the armband.

Includes:

MOTOACTV 8GB or 16GB
Single Output Wall Charger
Motorola SF200 (stereo headphones with mic)

If you just want a fitness tracker and not a mp3 or gps, I will stick with something fairly new such as the fitbit or misfit which can be had for around $80 (when you catch it on sale).

Definitely a good price. However, mine had horrible accuracy problems with only light tree coverage overhead. Bought it on woot and sold it on eBay. I enjoyed the watch overall for its features. From my experience, it works great if you are only running with clear view of sky. Hope that helps some.

Please add REFURB to the title...

I have done it. But used the BT headset. Great deal

HKSturboKid said:   
Bagofchips said:   What kind of idiot is going to go running with one of these and use the MP3 player by connecting headphones to a headphone jack all the way down one's wrist?

Actually you can get a bluetooth headset which would solve the wire dangling on your wrist problem. A buddy of mine actually pick this up 3 years ago when it first came out for $249 after PM. He really like it especially with all the built-in features. For $250 back then, it was a bit much, for $83.98 - $133.97 its a ok price, but not sure how much longer the product will be supported as it is already discontinued and if google will continue to provide updates or development on it. Also, if I remember correctly, the 8gb doesn't come with the armband where as the 16gb comes complete. Looking at the description, looks like it might not come with the armband.

Includes:

MOTOACTV 8GB or 16GB

If you just want a fitness tracker and not a mp3 or gps, I will stick with something fairly new such as the fitbit or misfit which can be had for around $80 (when you catch it on sale).

I concluded it doesn't have bluetooth since the listing doesn't say it does (separate research says yep has bluetooth)so maybe the armband bit is also there but not mentioned. I've always thought bluetooth audio was deficient and that's why to this day you still see so many people with iphones / pods connected via wired phones instead of bluetooth.

Bagofchips said:   
HKSturboKid said:   

Includes:

MOTOACTV 8GB or 16GB

I concluded it doesn't have bluetooth since the listing doesn't say it does (separate research says yep has bluetooth)so maybe the armband bit is also there but not mentioned. I've always thought bluetooth audio was deficient and that's why to this day you still see so many people with iphones / pods connected via wired phones instead of bluetooth.

It's a modern digital smartphone-type product, of course it has bluetooth!

IMO bluetooth headphones are either heavy or expensive, so most people opt for just the headphones that come with their phone. That's what I normally do as bluetooth headset charging is a hassle. Headphones just work 100% of the time. The only exception is when it's too cold out and I'm using the treadmill, there I prefer bluetooth headphones so I don't have the cord bouncing around everywhere waiting for me to knock it and send my phone flying.

If anyone is interested and have some time on their hand, here is a good discussion on how to flash the MOTOACTV to do other stuffs. its over 322 Pages with over 3000+ posts.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1399692

HKSturboKid said:   If anyone is interested and have some time on their hand, here is a good discussion on how to flash the MOTOACTV to do other stuffs. its over 322 Pages with over 3000+ posts.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1399692

For specific uses, maybe. But this is Abandonware that Google tossed out long ago. By default it runs the worst version of Android (3.0 Honeycomb) with no upgrade path. This is not even Galaxy Gear's rough draft.

amm41716 said:   Please add REFURB to the title...
#$#$! I did not catch that part, it says refurbished at the very bottom. Sneaky for not putting it in the title(at tango)! Sent email to cancel order.........

I love my MotoActv. A little pricey at its original price point, but great nonetheless. I've only ever used the headphone jack for connecting it to my car stereo. I ended up getting the heart rate monitor, foot pod, and speed/cadence bike sensors. I wish Motorola would continue developing this line, as I believe it could be better than all the other "activity" watches out there.

After a while of use, the unit will learn what songs you work out best too. Sort of a cool feature if you ask me.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.