rated:
Pioneer A3 Wi-Fi Speaker for Apple iPod, iPhone and iPad $69.99 FS at BestBuy

Member Summary

Pioneer A3
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
A4 is only $99.99 now.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/pioneer-a4-wi-fi-speaker-for-apple-ipod-iphone-and-ipad/6386777.p?id=1... (more)

poorfatkid (Jan. 17, 2014 @ 6:45p) |

Better sounding unit to be sure but the A4 is:
a. Clearance ( not available anywhere for me)
b. Must always be plugged in ... (more)

akbungle (Jan. 17, 2014 @ 7:59p) |

Yea, I should have looked first. Not available anywhere near me either.

poorfatkid (Jan. 17, 2014 @ 8:05p) |

Product Features
Two 3" midranges and one 1" tweeter

Provide powerful, immersive sound.
Wi-Fi certified

Along with wireless direct technology enables cordless operation. DLNA certified.
Apple AirPlay

Allows you to wirelessly stream music from select Apple products, including Apple iPhone 3GS, 4 and 4S, 2nd-, 3rd- and 4th-generation iPod touch, iPad with iOS 4.2 or later and iPad 2, and iTunes 10.1 (Mac and PC) or later.
HTC Connect

Lets you stream music from most HTC Connect-enabled devices, including HTC One X and One S mobile phones.
BassEnhance Sound technology

Delivers dynamic bass. EQ, DRC and loudness sound effects let you customize your audio.
Quick network setup

Via the push of a button for ease of use.
Touch-capacitive controls

As well as a remote ensure simple operation.
2-way speaker system

Sounds like 1 source rather than several separate sources.
IPX2-rated, water-resistant design

Provides durable protection when you're on the go.
Built-in, lithium-ion battery

Enables simple recharging.
USB, auxiliary and LAN terminals

Offer flexible connection options.
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thank-you OP!

A smaller, more portable option is the Logitech UE 984-000298. We have it as well, and it is excellent. Highly rated. Good sound. Long battery life.

http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-XW-SMA3-K-Portable-featuring-Recha...

spook52 said:   A smaller, more portable option is the Logitech UE 984-000298. We have it as well, and it is excellent. Highly rated. Good sound. Long battery life.

† Except the Logitech is bluetooth, not airplay and its $20 more money, and fewer speakers... Otherwise...

Love my A1, sounds great and easy-peasy wifi hookup. Wish I would've waited for this one though.

Must resist buying more stuff.....

The Logitech is designed more for portability.† It easily fits in a backpack, yet still delivers good sound.† Easy to stream from a cell phone, etc.† It was $69 last month at BB.

Does it support 240V?

I love my A1 as well. And I am using it with my Samsung Galaxy S3 (wifi) with the Pioneer ControlApp downloaded from Google Playstore (free).

Something not mentioned on the Best Buy web page is that this device can stream Pandora and V-tuner via a firmware update making this an even better deal!

In 4 1.
Thanks OP!

Thanks, OP. Got one for wife's kitchen.

Airplay will work with iphone 5C??? ...the wife has it.

diswes said:   Airplay will work with iphone 5C??? ...the wife has it.
† Of course it does! Airplay works with all the iPhones.†

akbungle said:   Something not mentioned on the Best Buy web page is that this device can stream Pandora and V-tuner via a firmware update making this an even better deal!
† And Spotify!

I never got the Logitech one from Tiger Direct.. they messed up shipping it.
Lets hope this one come through

What a pain in the butt this is! I ordered to pick up at a store then received the "This item is not available for you to pick up,,,Please call 1-888-BESTBUY..." So I call and the first person goes through all the motions to set up for delivery then says I can't change it so here is someone else then she says our warehouse does not have them so it can not be shipped so she tried another store and put me on hold for like 8 minutes and came back and said they too were out of stock. So now Someone is hunting for one at another store......Hey he found some!!

PSA for the Twin Cities: The only store that actually has them is Minnetonka all others will be cancelled.

Thanks a lot. I just bought one of these on Saturday for $100. Haven't even set it up yet. Just ordered one and the $100 one will be returned.

FYI From my previous post I did put an shipped to home order in even though they said it was "completely out of stock" and just received an email telling me the unit has shipped.

SingleTrack said:   Pioneer A3 Wi-Fi Speaker†for Apple iPod, iPhone and iPad $69.99 FS at BestBuy
Thanks. Ordered for pickup. They had †only an open box, so I got another @20 off.

Sounds nice, decent bass. ( take my opinion with a giant grain of salt. I use crappy headphones all the time because they sound "good enough" ... I am no audiophile)

Setup was a PITA. I bet it works great if your wireless router supports wifi protected setup. It all supports using an iOS devise to set it up - but that was a no go on my iOS 7 devices, both lightning and 30 pin.

I could not get it to start in wireless setup mode, so I resorted to ethernet to the laptop. I got it all setup, then did the firmware update. Which erased all the settings

Lather, rinse, repeat, updated, setup, on the network. Downloaded the app from pioneer (control app) lets you use spotify and pandora and stream internet radio. If you just want to airplay, you should be good with no app and any iOS device that supports airplay.

It also supports setting up it's own wifi network, (directplay) - which also works well.

Overall, very nice compared to a lot of remote speaker solutions. Thanks again, OP.

Delete
††

Back up to $199.99

wbw1 said:   Does it support 240V?
† Yes as well as 50/60Hz. Power adapter is like the laptop.

akbungle said:   Back up to $199.99
† Still showing $69.99 for me.

Picked one up. Sounds great. Easy set up. Works great on iOS, Android, Mac and PC.

for the record, this does not have Bluetooth - if anyone wanted that plus Airplay

wildviper said:   for the record, this does not have Bluetooth - if anyone wanted that plus Airplay
† Very true but it does have WiFi-Direct.

akbungle said:   
wildviper said:   for the record, this does not have Bluetooth - if anyone wanted that plus Airplay
† Very true but it does have WiFi-Direct.

††The WiFi Direct works perfectly.
† So far very impressed with this unit.

A4 is only $99.99 now.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/pioneer-a4-wi-fi-speaker-for-apple-ipod-iphone-and-ipad/6386777.p?id=1218732823630&skuId=6386777

poorfatkid said:   A4 is only $99.99 now.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/pioneer-a4-wi-fi-speaker-for-apple-i...

† Better sounding unit to be sure but the A4 is:
b. Must always be plugged in (no battery like the A3)†

akbungle said:   
poorfatkid said:   A4 is only $99.99 now.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/pioneer-a4-wi-fi-speaker-for-apple-i...

† Better sounding unit to be sure but the A4 is:
b. Must always be plugged in (no battery like the A3)†

† Yea, I should have looked first. Not available anywhere near me either.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014