• Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary

Raspberry Pi Model B
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Can you stream WMC on these in some way or another? I've got a Ceton 4-tuner card in my server/htpc and I don't like loc... (more)

g0dMAn (Jan. 12, 2014 @ 2:32p) |

I had too already order the case, went to Amazon.com and order a PI model B from them came out just $1.43 more then this... (more)

zolo (Jan. 13, 2014 @ 7:17a) |

I did the same thing and order was cancelled.

sukwarlord (Jan. 13, 2014 @ 4:52p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Love mine. Great price.

nice find...

Shipping $5.99

I like this.

What version of XBMC should we run on this?

I have one and I run raspbmc, special version of XBMC (http://www.raspbmc.com/) 
very very easy!!!
not as fast as a dedicated htpc but you can beat the overall price
raspberry pi (30$) + sd card 8gb (10$) + old phone charger (free somewhere in your junk ) + USB MC remote (15$ at the Egg) + hdmi (2$)

I am very tempted to get a second one... must resist haha aha ...temptation!

My 8 years old like the pi because of this

http://pi.minecraft.net/

Download Mathematica free on the Pi:

Article on Mathematica on Pi 

OpenElec runs about 20 to 30% faster than RaspBMC on the same hardware, mainly due to it not having all the extra fluff that RaspBMC has.

http://openelec.tv/

I have two of them and use it to stream media in 2 rooms. It is well worth the $29.

Shipping
Disclaimer
When I check out it tells me it is $10,006.97 shipping for 2. I've seen high shipping charges to Hawaii before but this one takes the cake.

android stick with Everything is 45 on Amazon (+free shipping)

classicmac said:   When I check out it tells me it is $10,006.97 shipping for 2. I've seen high shipping charges to Hawaii before but this one takes the cake.

More like, it takes the piss.

BigWhy said:   I have one and I run raspbmc, special version of XBMC (http://www.raspbmc.com/) 
very very easy!!!
not as fast as a dedicated htpc but you can beat the overall price
raspberry pi (30$) + sd card 8gb (10$) + old phone charger (free somewhere in your junk ) + USB MC remote (15$ at the Egg) + hdmi (2$)

I am very tempted to get a second one... must resist haha aha ...temptation!

Forget to add price for nice case for $4.71 FS LINK

classicmac said:   When I check out it tells me it is $10,006.97 shipping for 2. I've seen high shipping charges to Hawaii before but this one takes the cake.
  I'll ship two to you for $3.142 * 10^3

OOS, dead now.

ritanlt said:   android stick with Everything is 45 on Amazon (+free shipping)
I am new to this market.
How do the various android on a stick computers compare to this Rasberry Pi unit?

Not OOS. I just ordered 2 of them for delivery.
I was, alas, unable to order for in-store pickup to save the shipping.

bought one over the summer for using as a low end htpc, set up was easy and would have worked great if I could have gotten RaspBMC or Openelec to find TV channels using our hdhomerun. I finally gave up on trying different work arounds and waiting them putting out a fix. Bought myself a Mac Mini for christmas and My son's are happy to have a great addition to their robotics arsenal.

brusbrother said:   How do the various android on a stick computers compare to this Rasberry Pi unit?
  Something like the MK808B (which I own) is very similar in hardware & performance.

Each has a few advantages over the other:
MK808B: 8GB storage built-in, 1GB RAM, Android Play store
PI: built in Ethernet (WiFi on the MK is weak), lower price, more reliable

The Android Play store was the convincing factor for me.  

Shown in store only???

I think it has been OOS since yesterday, but they still kept on taking orders.

Your order #******** has been cancelled due to product unavailability or a payment authorization issue. You have not been charged for any items on this order (see list below).

If your order has been cancelled in error or you need further assistance, please contact one of our Customer Service Representatives at 1-800-634-3478.

Thank you for shopping Micro Center Online. We hope you visit again soon

mine is cancelled as well. dang and I already ordered the case

Can you stream WMC on these in some way or another? I've got a Ceton 4-tuner card in my server/htpc and I don't like locking away tuners to other computers, so hoped for a way to stream live TV via Raspberry Pi.

I had too already order the case, went to Amazon.com and order a PI model B from them came out just $1.43 more then this place.

I did the same thing and order was cancelled.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014