• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
UPDATE: Most of the "smaller" sized ones I posted yesterday are oos, but see the new links below... (and don't forget to rep the posts they are quoted from )

Available in sizes 32-44

www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0071I87BI

Some more options available in links below. Thanks alinski and kerplunk @ SD.

sizes 46 - 54 are still available priced at $9.51:
http://www.amazon.com/Perry-Ellis-Mens-Big-Tall-Black/dp/B00FNL0...

Here's another one for $8.92:
http://www.amazon.com/Perry-Ellis-Mens-First-Dress/dp/B0071I879A...

and another:
http://www.amazon.com/Perry-Ellis-Mens-Michigan-Belt/dp/B00DP1VM...

And a size "Big-Tall" one for $9.51:
http://www.amazon.com/Perry-Ellis-Mens-Big-Tall-Black/dp/B00FNL0...

Amazon
Get Up to 3.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

Actual Belt
Thanks arons
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Only the black is available (conflicts with the uploaded picture). Great price, though.

Edit: Description and picture on the link says "Black", but also noticed it's apparently reversible.

Edit-EDIT: The pictures shown is for a completely different belt: http://www.amazon.com/Carhartt-2203-Mens-Anvil-Belt/dp/B0031U0PV...

It's clothing, so don't forget 3% FatCash!

In for one.

bonded leather? If not, I'm in for one

Thanks, OP.

Thanks! Now selling for $8.92 but will ship in 2-4 weeks.

This was a good deal for this belt at $20 when I first bought it. Nice looking belt and well-made. I had to get 2 more based on this $9.00 deal. Thanks for this great post.

kaveh2k said:   bonded leather? If not, I'm in for one
As far as I have been able to determine, (almost) every single big name clothing lines only makes bonded leather belts. A handful make split/top grain. The only full grain leather belts I have heard of/come across are not from mainstream clothing lines. Most of the time, it's dedicated belt makers that do the full grain leather. Admittedly, my knowledge is still lacking when it comes to belts (for example, I am still unsure of the differences between "full grain leather" and "full grain cowhide"), but that is what I have noticed so far..

tl;dr it's a bonded leather belt, like almost every other fashion brand belt that has and ever will be posted on FW.

My experience with bonded leather belts is that they are good for about 6 months to a year. Ends up being more expensive than paying $30 for a real leather belt. For those that don't know, bonded leather is 2 thin strips of leather glued with with a filler between them (one of mine appeared to be mushed cardboard as the filler).

not sure I have confidence I'll pick the right size ... size 35-36 pants, I checked another belt I own by diff manufacturer and it says '36', but the sizing info on Amazon says to pick next size up in belts from waist size.

Bonded leather sucks... They always break or split after a few months of use. If you use it for work and you sweat or get it wet, it will break even faster. The only belt that has lasted me for several years is a $10 belt I bought in Ensenada, Mexico during a cruise, should have bought more. Oh well...

If anybody knows a good manufacturer please post.. Been looking for a good leather belt for a long time.

In for Two! Thank you!

Well this is news to me.  I've been wearing the same belt for 8+ years, over 250 days each of those years.  It has a few scuffs on it and you can tell which three notches I used over the years, but It's still in fine shape and I will use it for years to come.  I believe I got it from J. Crew.  I know I paid less than $10 for it.

BlueSeaLake said:   My experience with bonded leather belts is that they are good for about 6 months to a year. Ends up being more expensive than paying $30 for a real leather belt. For those that don't know, bonded leather is 2 thin strips of leather glued with with a filler between them (one of mine appeared to be mushed cardboard as the filler).
yeah um.... no it's not.  Bonded leather is leather scraps that are added to what is, in many cases, essentially a vinyl product.  No full strips of leather at all.  Usually just shredded leather fibers in embossed (fake leather surface patterns) vinyl.

Edit:  Left the orginal mostly in tact, but from further reading I need to add there is a wide variety of what's considered bonded leather.  The form I was thinking of as commonly used in upholstery can be made of less than 20% total leather and is what I was describing.  Supposedly some other forms can use much higher amounts of leather scraps, and be assembled in different manners, so your description may be close to being correct...  for SOME bonded leather, but not all.

Thanks, OP. In for 1 of each of:

Perry Ellis Men's First Love Dress Belt
Perry Ellis Men's Iron Man Classic Dress Belt
Perry Ellis Men's Michigan Belt

For $8.92 I will give it a shot

Poohbee said:   
If anybody knows a good manufacturer please post.. Been looking for a good leather belt for a long time.

I want to know too

$10.49 in size 36 or 38 (still, a good price).

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014