• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://onenightairbnb.com/

First time users only

Book your first trip between January 13 - 17 for travel by March 31, and one night of your stay of at least two nights is on us (value up to $300).

Discount is for one night only, so you cannot do two nights at $150, for instance.

use promo codeONENIGHT

Member Summary

AirBnB
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Airbnb is fantastic. Obviously, the quality of your stay will be very dependent on your host. As long as you take the ti... (more)

loheiman (Jan. 14, 2014 @ 11:47a) |

nice find for me!

sacalfumbmerk (Jan. 14, 2014 @ 8:18p) |

Damn I missed this one. The best I can find now is $25 off: www.airbnb.com/c/free25

joshsandiego (Feb. 14, 2014 @ 9:35p) |

Coupon is for BOGO Free night!
Sweeten the deal: Join here and save $25 off your first trip of $75 or more.

Enjoy one night on us.
Book your first trip between January 13 - 17 for travel by March 31, and one night of your stay of at least two nights is on us (value up to $300).*
"

*The discount is valid only for guests who have never completed a booking on Airbnb. To receive the discount, you must book via the Airbnb website with promo code ONENIGHT and successfully complete Airbnb's Verified ID process prior to booking. You must complete a booking (including host acceptance) using the code between 12:00am PST (California time) on January 13 and 11:59pm PST (California time) on January 17. The discount applies to one night of your stay up to a maximum of USD$300. The cost of “one night” is calculated by averaging the base reservation rate for each night, excluding taxes or other fees charged by your host, such as cleaning fees. Your stay must be at least two nights in length at the same listing, and must begin no later than 11:59pm PST (California time) on March 31, 2014. Limit one discount per new user. The offer is valid for a single use and is not transferrable to another user or redeemable for cash. If your booking later qualifies for a refund, the maximum refund you may receive is the amount you actually paid. The code cannot be used for bookings made through Airbnb’s mobile apps. The code may not be combined with another Airbnb coupon or discount code. Host payouts will not be affected by permissible guest use of the code. Airbnb reserves the right to any remedy, including denial of the discount or cancellation of your account or reservations, if fraud, tampering, violations of Airbnb's Terms of Service or technical errors are suspected.

Check out this FAQ for details about using promo codes on Airbnb.

Airbnb, Inc., 888 Brannan St, San Francisco, CA 94103, USA"
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

You title says May but your description says March?

Click the link and it's March. OP, please fix title, and thanks!

It's March 31.

Most of the listings are to stay in an extra bedroom of someone's house. One listing even advertised "Room with deluxe air mattress". They do seem to have a good selection of listings in my area.

I see the company charges a fee to the person reserving a room based on a percentage of the rooms cost. For example for a $175 room "Excludes Airbnb service fee ($21) "
Has anyone gone through the booking process to confirm this fee is waived with the coupon?

I currently don't have any situations where I have a need to stay in someone's house, even for free. I could see this site as a good revenue stream to use when there is a big event in my area.
I wonder what the process and agreements are with this company? Is the company stiffing the people offering the rooms when this coupon is applied? Or would it be profitable to sign up and offer a room for $300?

Anyone tried this, not the offer but the Airbnb service. Is it safe for the traveler?

Seriously? You came to FW, to ask about AirBnB? WHy not Google It and find reviews from MILLIONS of people..

I'd modify title to be "BOGO" or something to that effect. It currently suggests you could pay nothing, which is not the case.

I have used Airbnb a few times. Very good experiences each time.

Not sure if I would stay in an extra room, without other prior reviews. I have stayed in spare rooms when they had several other reviews. Shill reviews on Airbnb would be relatively difficult to create. TripAdvisor, it is not.

Keep in mind that Airbnb does a pretty good job of ensuring that you are who you say you are. I don't recall any background checks, but I needed to send in quite a bit of documentation. It would be somewhat difficult to reserve under a fake name.

Dotbody said:   I'd modify title to be "BOGO" or something to that effect. It currently suggests you could pay nothing, which is not the case.

Agree. I missed the fine print after reading the seriously misleading title ( Says free instead of BOGO, says May instead of March). A lot of the comments in my above post is extremely off the mark because I was going off of OPs title and a quick search on the site.
While I appreciate OP's intention of providing a possible good deal to any of the budget minded travelers here, I think the majority of people that click on this thread is going to be disappointed.

shallot said:   Anyone tried this, not the offer but the Airbnb service. Is it safe for the traveler?
I'm hooked on Airbnb. Way better and cheaper than a hotel. I only stay at hotels when in Vegas now.

airbnb is the best way to travel internationally, especially in cities where hotels can be pricy (read:London-Copenhagen-Rome-Paris).
Nothing like having a local joe/jane available before, during & after your trip.
In almost every instance, my hosts have gone above and beyond the level of help you would receive from any hotel or tourist office.
I have used airbnb in: London, Paris, Milan, Venice, Florence, Siena, Rome, Amsterdam, Copenhagen, Dusseldorf.
Not only were the accommodations excellent, but I have made a few friends who I now go back and see when I'm in town.

Lugs said:   
shallot said:   Anyone tried this, not the offer but the Airbnb service. Is it safe for the traveler?
I'm hooked on Airbnb. Way better and cheaper than a hotel. I only stay at hotels when in Vegas now.

I always check AirBnb before booking at Hotels.com now, i've had amazing experiences in NY, SD, and SF so far. If you are worried pick a host with several positive reviews, the comments will tell you what to expect.

I am a new Airbnb host but have stayed elsewhere using the service. I have my 3600sf four bedroom house, fully furnished, for under $300 weekends and $250 weeknights through the next couple of months or so and didn't know of this promotion until I saw OP's posting. Other listings similar to mine also have less than $300 daily rates so I think this is a good deal for those new to Airbnb who can use it.

Anyone know how frequently they have these kinds of deals? Trying to plan out vacation mid-year.

Thanks!

...Marc

The title looks more like an advertisement.

Dang, just realized it's BOGO. Just killed my plans for 1 night in Seattle.

rockymast said:   The title looks more like an advertisement.
Sorry guys, my first big hot deals posting. I use airbnb, vrbo, home away, etc all the time and have only had good experiences.

Fwiw I only use airbnb for private residences, not just a room.

Hopefully the title looks better now

We've done San Fran and NYC. We've found it much easier to get reasonable accomodations for non-standard groups with "hang out" space better than hotel rooms would have, while still providing personal privacy. The one big difference we've found between AirBnB and extended-stay type of hotels is location. Generally extended-stays aren't in prime locations, while AirBnB rentals can be found in very specific touristy and non-touristy areas. My advice would be to read the reviews (not just the review scores) and find a rental that fits your needs and level of acceptable risk (not just your budget).

My wife and her sorority sisters had a mini-reunion weekend and used AirBnB to land a nice apartment in Manhattan. We also travelled to San Fran with our young daughters and my mother. We got a great apartment that was very comfortable for the somewhat awkward travelling group. The renter provided a great visitor's guide, Netflix subscription (great for the kids), free parking, full kitchen, etc and the price was roughly half of what a pair of hotel rooms would have cost.
I also had a good experience with an owner in New Orleans, but the trip fell apart so we ended up cancelling the reservation prior to submitting a deposit.

Obviously I'm not a "new customer", but good luck to those who try out AirBnB with this deal.

As an example, I have used it three times... We did a trip to Northern California and needed a place in Santa Cruz and in Sonoma.

Santa Cruz - https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/198171- me/wife/son. Had the place to ourselves, it was perfectly sized (bedroom / kitchen / living room / bathroom), private parking, WIFI, walked to the beach, we were very satisfied

Sonoma - https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/765475- me/wife this time (had a babysitter). This was a studio, but nice enough. We just needed a place to rest our heads after a wedding, worked out well. It was a small little guesthouse on a big estate.

And in Vermonthttps://www.airbnb.com/rooms/453016- babymoon with the wife, again very comfortable. Place to ourselves, there wasn't a whole lot to it but it was comfortable and was independent of the owner's house.

Just wanted to relay my bad experience with AirBnB. I had booked an apartment in NYC and it was cancelled a few weeks later. Owner stated she was moving out of the country. AirBnB gave me a $50 bonus for the inconvenience and I promptly booked another apartment. A couple weeks later it was cancelled - the owner said he was moving. I wouldn't chance it again, especially in NYC. I would hate to have it cancelled at the last minute and then scramble to find another place. I ended up booking a Hot Wire opaque deal. Price was just about the same and the hotel was fabulous!

So what will happen if my friend books my $300/night room for two nights and i give him back his money?

Another shared economy bs.

I've used it AirBnb twice both for NYC found both Host places a great value. Like others have written it's really all in the reviews. Pick wisely..

Not so great so far. On my first try i had a host accept and then after i booked the flight, cancel on me.

Airbnb is fantastic. Obviously, the quality of your stay will be very dependent on your host. As long as you take the time to read reviews, talk to your potential host about any concerns, you will likely have a great stay. It's the best way to experience a city as you'll usually be living more like a local than a tourist.

My gf just booked a 3 night stay in Puerto Rico, used this promo code and saved us $110! Thanks OP!

nice find for me!

Damn I missed this one. The best I can find now is $25 off: www.airbnb.com/c/free25

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014