• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

XtremeMac Universal Charging Kit - XtremeMac - Toys
Disclaimer

Picture of details on USB AC Adapter, including 4.2A capacity
Disclaimer
EDIT 1/21/14: The price has dropped $1 to $6.99 as of January 21; TRU appears to have increased to a 30% discount on clearance items. Item is still in stock for shipping and for store pickup at some B&M locations.

Link on ToysRUs.com website 

Toys R Us has the XtremeMac Universal Charging Kit for $9.98 - 20% off sale for clearance items = $7.98 at checkout. This kit includes a dual USB wall charger (with US wall plug adapter) as well as a single USB car charger. It's in stock for shipping to home, as well as likely in stock in various stores for in-store pickup. 

Some Toys R Us stores near me in the DC area had it in stock and available for free pickup, but others didn't. For shipping, it is unfortunately not eligible for Shoprunner for those of us who have the service. TRU usually accepts Shoprunner, but I think because this is a clearance item, they want $6-8 or so to ship this item (unless you have other items to satisfy the free shipping minimum). I just ordered it for pickup at a local store, and they held one for me rather quickly!

Amazon link for this item; it's $21.99 sold/shipped directly from Amazon at this time. So this is a good deal over what you'd pay elsewhere, and probably even cheaper in price than similar no-name power adapters. 

The AC adapter (model USB-AWC-11) seems to be the best part of this deal: it has 2 plugs, each of which is rated at 2.1 amps. As seen in the attached picture (actual item), the AC adapter as a whole is rated for 4.2 amps, or twice the 2.1A rated load for each port. In other words, that's 20 watts, which is pretty good for a USB power adapter. You aren't going to find a decent quality power adapter that outputs this much power elsewhere for $8.

This is very good if you have power-hungry devices like tablets, some cell phones, and other USB-powered devices that need more power over the typical limit of 1000mA or so from most USB power sources. (& if you have a Raspberry Pi board, 2 amps is really good, but not 100% necessary.) I haven't pushed this adapter to its limits, but will probably use it with power-hungry devices like my RPi and HP Touchpad, the latter of which insists on being connected to the high-amperage AC  adapter when empty. If I do some stress testing and have any updates, I'll post them here.

You also get a car charger with 1 USB port on it. I'm not sure what amperage it's rated for, but is pretty small (extrudes about 0.5cm from the socket) and has 1 USB plug on it. It should probably be good enough to charge your phone or possibly tablet in the car, though. No cables are included, but these are standard 5-volt USB ports that should work with most any USB charging cable.

Especially for a brand-name product (hopefully higher quality than "no-name" chargers of similar price), this pair of chargers seems like a nice deal for the price. Even more so if you have a tablet or other power-hungry device that needs a charger that can offer more power than regular USB chargers.

Toys R Us
Need a Toys R Us coupon that earns 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

charging kit
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

This is a great home charger with DUAL 2.1 amps. Most other chargers divide the power among various ports. Great Deal, buy this over cheap non-name devices.

I have Bluetooth version of wall charger and it works well without issue.

Bluetooth version of wall charger

Wireless charging?

f2000sa said:   Bluetooth version of wall charger

Wireless charging?

http://www.yugster.com/deals/45671-xtrememac-bluetooth-audio-rec...

Good deal for those that can find one.

None within 50 miles of me, and shipping charges upped the price to around $16.

That is great value. Car charger is something I wanted. Green!

Thanks OP, picked up 2 in Beavercreek, OH

Thanks OP. Was looking for a car charger and got the wall charger to leave in car for trips as a spare. $8 and pick up in store. (20% worked like a charm)

In 4 1. Already picked it up. Looks great and appear to work great. I have two Samsung devices that are charging in "AC" mode (not USB mode).

Thanks op. Not sure I need this, but ordered one for store pickup anyway.

Thanks, OP. My daughter was looking for a USB car charger for her iPhone, and I can use the wall charger for my LG G2. My local store had it in stock (as did most stores in my area).

In stock near me (60060), will pick up on the way home today. Thanks!

Picked up my online order, strangely they did not ask for my credit card or any photo ID, the TRU employee just read the order number off my phone. I guess I need to get an extra lightning cable if I want to use this with an iPhone 5s. Can someone suggest a cheap decent quality one?

billrubin said:   Picked up my online order, strangely they did not ask for my credit card or any photo ID, the TRU employee just read the order number off my phone. I guess I need to get an extra lightning cable if I want to use this with an iPhone 5s. Can someone suggest a cheap decent quality one?
  Avoid cheap, get lifetime certified cables reasonably priced at monoprice.com . Try using coupon code TAXACT10 for $10 off $30 for first purchase, use guest checkout if you've purchased there before. I used this code last week to get three cables for $26.xx shipped.

EDIT: coupon code still live!

It dropped to 6.98 now as clearance items are 30% off at toysrus now.

Thanks,OP. Just ordered 1 for store pickup (zip code 60173) with 30% off to $6.99+tax.

BTW, all ports are rated 10W (2.1A) each, including the car charger.

arrowanda said:   It dropped to 6.98 now as clearance items are 30% off at toysrus now.
  Interesting.. will they do a price adjustment for me or will I have to buy another one and return? I never got a printed receipt from the first one. My store still has them in stock.

Can't believe my local store still has these in stock, ordered another one, these are good for vacations.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014