Voting History
rated:
Amaz0n has Apple TV on sale for $79.99. Linky

Member Summary

appleTV
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Specs:

• 1080p HD programming, including iTunes movies and TV shows, Netflix, Vimeo, photos and more in HD
  • Access your purchased movies, TV shows, and music with iTunes Match right from iCloud
  • Stream video, games, and more from iOS devices using AirPlay; music, videos, and photos can also be streamed from PCs and Macs
  • HDMI and digital optical audio output; connects to network via Wireless-N or Ethernet
  • Apple TV is a registered trademark of Apple Inc.

Also available for this price with free shipping at Best Buy. (LINK)

Is this the current (3rd Gen) model?

This is the third (current) generation. FWIW, Best Buy is running the same price right now.

yes

Thanks for sharing! I've been wanting one of these.

Yay, thanks Tooloud for the heads-up. Loved the ATV I got for the den at Christmas. After a quick trip to BB, I got another one for my bedroom.

Not an Apple fanboi but this, for me, seemed to be the best in terms of PQ and ease of use (no glitches at all) - the lack of 'channels' compared to the Roku might keep Roku fans away but for my use of Netflix and Youtube, this is perfect. Great price.

How does streaming regular videos work on this? Does it support subtitles?

Just bought this last week from Amazon for $89. Sent them an email asking for the difference refunded. Not holding my breath.

russ0519 said:   How does streaming regular videos work on this? Does it support subtitles?
I don't know if it supports all subtitle encodings, but it does support some -- I can encode content with subtitles and/or captions and have them displayed on playback.. So.. you should probably look into it to make sure whatever encodings you prefer will work, but there is some subtitle support.

I wonder if newer version is coming out soon, otherwise why drop the price of a good selling apple device?

Now $89.99

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014