QUICK LINKS
MY ACCOUNT
Cash Pending:
Cash Available:
Payment Requested:
Payment Processed:
Lifetime Cash Back:

LG 47" Class LED 1080p 60Hz HDTV $399.99 w/FS @ Best Buy

First page
Last page
1 of 1
WikiPost
1/17/14 1:00 AM
LG 47LN5200 [ image/png - 68.65kB ]
ernie334
1/17/14 1:23 PM
i got the 50 Toshiba for $399 from best buy deal of the day. I think this one is just as good. Good luck everyone
chapmanra2013
1/17/14 3:42 PM
Good deal here's some specs:

  • 47" (1920 x 1080) LED Flat-Panel Display
  • 1080p Vertical Resolution
  • 60Hz Refresh Rate
  • Two (2) HDMI Inputs
  • 1-Yr. Limited Warranty
redgtxdi
1/17/14 4:03 PM
Ugh! Why do they keep making 60hz panels!!! :mad:

I was just saying in the Sony thread that I couldn't believe there weren't more Superbowl TV deals up yet. Maybe this weekend.

Gotta remain patient so I don't end up w/ a half-dozen or so 60hz, CFL, non-smart, analog, TV's.
Sk8terboy
1/17/14 6:27 PM
redgtxdi said:   

Ugh! Why do they keep making 60hz panels!!! :mad:

I was just saying in the Sony thread that I couldn't believe there weren't more Superbowl TV deals up yet. Maybe this weekend.

Gotta remain patient so I don't end up w/ a half-dozen or so 60hz, CFL, non-smart, analog, TV's.


A better question is Why do people keep thinking their eyes can differentiate between 60 and 120hz?
redgtxdi
1/17/14 7:54 PM
Sk8terboy said:   

A better question is Why do people keep thinking their eyes can differentiate between 60 and 120hz?



For the same reason people can tell the difference between mono & stereo, CFL and incandescent, basketball shoes & running shoes, white zinfandel and red zinfandel......it's basically because there's a difference.
evansamber
1/17/14 8:17 PM
Love LG.
Sk8terboy
1/17/14 10:55 PM
redgtxdi said:   


Sk8terboy said:   

A better question is Why do people keep thinking their eyes can differentiate between 60 and 120hz?



For the same reason people can tell the difference between mono & stereo, CFL and incandescent, basketball shoes & running shoes, white zinfandel and red zinfandel......it's basically because there's a difference.


Source
If you're in the market for an HDTV, you've probably heard a lot about "speed." When ads and reviews talk about how fast an HDTV is, they're referring to the display's refresh rate, or how often it changes the picture. Television and movies don't show actual motion so much as dozens and hundreds of frames per second, like a reel of film or a huge flipbook. The faster the HDTV, the more frames it displays per second.So the faster the refresh rate, the better the HDTV, right? More frames look smoother, right? In theory: yes. In marketing: very yes. In practice: not so much."
TheKuja
1/18/14 12:39 AM
Sk8terboy said:   


redgtxdi said:   


Sk8terboy said:   

A better question is Why do people keep thinking their eyes can differentiate between 60 and 120hz?



For the same reason people can tell the difference between mono & stereo, CFL and incandescent, basketball shoes & running shoes, white zinfandel and red zinfandel......it's basically because there's a difference.


Source
If you're in the market for an HDTV, you've probably heard a lot about "speed." When ads and reviews talk about how fast an HDTV is, they're referring to the display's refresh rate, or how often it changes the picture. Television and movies don't show actual motion so much as dozens and hundreds of frames per second, like a reel of film or a huge flipbook. The faster the HDTV, the more frames it displays per second.So the faster the refresh rate, the better the HDTV, right? More frames look smoother, right? In theory: yes. In marketing: very yes. In practice: not so much."



I'm not sure if you're quoting and linking that source because you think there isn't a difference, but that source explains that there can indeed be a noticeable difference
First page
Last page
1 of 1
Please select a reason for your RED vote:








You may be contacted via Private Message during the investigation of this issue.
Loading...