• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Best Buy
See Best Buy discounts that earn 1.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

LG 47LN5200
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

i got the 50 Toshiba for $399 from best buy deal of the day. I think this one is just as good. Good luck everyone

Good deal here's some specs:

• 47" (1920 x 1080) LED Flat-Panel Display
  • 1080p Vertical Resolution
  • 60Hz Refresh Rate
  • Two (2) HDMI Inputs
  • 1-Yr. Limited Warranty

Ugh! Why do they keep making 60hz panels!!! :mad:

I was just saying in the Sony thread that I couldn't believe there weren't more Superbowl TV deals up yet. Maybe this weekend.

Gotta remain patient so I don't end up w/ a half-dozen or so 60hz, CFL, non-smart, analog, TV's.

redgtxdi said:   Ugh! Why do they keep making 60hz panels!!! :mad:

I was just saying in the Sony thread that I couldn't believe there weren't more Superbowl TV deals up yet. Maybe this weekend.

Gotta remain patient so I don't end up w/ a half-dozen or so 60hz, CFL, non-smart, analog, TV's.

A better question is Why do people keep thinking their eyes can differentiate between 60 and 120hz?

Sk8terboy said:     A better question is Why do people keep thinking their eyes can differentiate between 60 and 120hz?

For the same reason people can tell the difference between mono & stereo, CFL and incandescent, basketball shoes & running shoes, white zinfandel and red zinfandel......it's basically because there's a difference.

Love LG.

redgtxdi said:   
Sk8terboy said:     A better question is Why do people keep thinking their eyes can differentiate between 60 and 120hz?

For the same reason people can tell the difference between mono & stereo, CFL and incandescent, basketball shoes & running shoes, white zinfandel and red zinfandel......it's basically because there's a difference.

Source 
If you're in the market for an HDTV, you've probably heard a lot about "speed." When ads and reviews talk about how fast an HDTV is, they're referring to the display's refresh rate, or how often it changes the picture. Television and movies don't show actual motion so much as dozens and hundreds of frames per second, like a reel of film or a huge flipbook. The faster the HDTV, the more frames it displays per second.So the faster the refresh rate, the better the HDTV, right? More frames look smoother, right? In theory: yes. In marketing: very yes. In practice: not so much."

Sk8terboy said:   
redgtxdi said:   

Source 
If you're in the market for an HDTV, you've probably heard a lot about "speed." When ads and reviews talk about how fast an HDTV is, they're referring to the display's refresh rate, or how often it changes the picture. Television and movies don't show actual motion so much as dozens and hundreds of frames per second, like a reel of film or a huge flipbook. The faster the HDTV, the more frames it displays per second.So the faster the refresh rate, the better the HDTV, right? More frames look smoother, right? In theory: yes. In marketing: very yes. In practice: not so much."

I'm not sure if you're quoting and linking that source because you think there isn't a difference, but that source explains that there can indeed be a noticeable difference

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.