• Go to page :
  • 1 2 3
  • Text Only
wizwor said:     Superbowl is in two weeks.  Look for deals in 15 days

So I almost want to start a whole thread for it because I *think* this might be unprecedented......(at least in the last decade or so)......but.......

HERE WE ARE THE SUNDAY BEFORE SUPERBOWL AND......IS THIS REALLY AS GOOD AS IT GETS???  

Everybody's "week before Superbowl Sunday" ads should be out & there's nothing out there???  Newegg's got everybody beat with this ONE deal???

foamfollower said:   I don't see a Headphone out Jack in the user manual.. It must have one?? right?

It does have a 3.5mm audio out on the back of the TV.

+ for combo. TV meant for guest room. Was gong to pay nearly double for a smaller Vizio at Costco today.

Not keen on the Newegg restock fee if I return, but the positive Newegg feedback gives some reassurance, 2% FW Cash Back doesn't hurt either.

Gee, is a Changhong.what could go wrong????? Anyone think WalMart is going to service it?Some people know the price of everything but the value of nothing

polishdreamer said:   This is junk, don't believe anyone on here.

oh how i remember polishdreamer, the car lease salesman. continue showing your true colors friend.

belgique said:   Gee, is a Changhong.what could go wrong????? Anyone think WalMart is going to service it?Some people know the price of everything but the value of nothing
Who services anything these days?  TV's are basically disposable now.
Try dragging your Sony, LG, Samsung etc into WalMart and tell them you want them to work on it.
Not saying that is good, bad or indifferent.  But it is what it is.
People used to say the same thing about "Gold Star" back in they day.  Now they are "LG" and some people think that is a premium brand.
Crack open whatever your beloved brand is these days and you find the same Chinese parts inside this "Wang Chung". 

It's a 50" TV for $400.  

I work for Samsung. Vizio. Rca. Polaroid. And other manufacturers and not a single manufacturer makes their "own" tv... it's all a conglomeration of parts from different sources...

You will find different brand panels. Different brand power supplies and main boards. It's all a wash... so the name? No flipping deal.

Where are ALL the TV specials this year ? Best Buy is a few years from closing its doors for christ sake..

Anderson007 said:   Where dose this brand come from?
Changhong is the 2nd largest TV manufacturer in China.

Google is a wonderful thing http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Changhong

normal1 said:   Google is a wonderful thing http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Changhong

Already posted twice In this thread

normal1 said:   Where are ALL the TV specials this year ? Best Buy is a few years from closing its doors for christ sake..
  As I said at the top of this page, earlier in this thread......INDEED!!!  WHERE are the TV's???  There were better deals a month ago in the middle of "nothing going on" land.

I was in Costco today & welp, there's pretty much nothing going on TV-wise.  A lot fo $10 & $20 instant mfgr rebates and, again, I think they were doing more a month ago.  Pretty sad.

Maybe they're holding out for an "Arbor Day TV blowout" or "Flag Day Party TV SALE" cuz it definitely ain't this Superbowl season, THAT'S for sure! 

Italy.

chilig said:   

Italy.

Thanks for the chuckle.

love my changhong, when i first bought it my family thought it was a joke, now that they see how nice the picture is whenever a game comes on they say "lets go watch it on the changhong" i can no longer stand to stare at their vizios for too long

I bought two of these to flip online but I made the mistake and tested one out. WOW!! Let's just say I'm now flipping a used 40" LG and 32" Vizio. And with a one year manufacture warranty on tv and remote, definitely go with this.

I wonder is BPH789 has a problem with me liking the Changhong or has a problem with me buying to flip or just gets a personal thrill out of giving out reds. hmmm....

handsgo said:   I wonder is BPH789 has a problem with me liking the Changhong or has a problem with me buying to flip or just gets a personal thrill out of giving out reds. hmmm....
  Why don't you PM him and try to find out?

BPH789 gave me red on this post. Apparently he does like giving out red, and doesn't need a valid reason.

handsgo said:   I wonder is BPH789 has a problem with me liking the Changhong or has a problem with me buying to flip or just gets a personal thrill out of giving out reds. hmmm....

I think he has a problem with your baldness.

It's from China.

Edit: Sorry, someone answered it already. :/

Last year, Sharp was forced to sell a substantial share of their panel production plant to the Chinese in a restructuring effort. The Sharp panels are actually very good. These could very well be Sharp panels. The Sharp panels are used in Vizeo televisions, which are extremely good and cheap for the money.

I am not sure what everyone here is bragging about but I replaced a 55" element 120 Hz LCD with this & it looks a lot worse plus the reflection of any room lights in TV looks a lot worse than in the LCD!!

I ordered this TV and it was delivered on Saturday. I have no complaints, especially for the price. I used my amex to double warranty just in case - since I hadn't heard of the brand before. But the picture is great, I love the slim bezel. Still waiting on the Polk surroundbar from this thread, but it sounds great without it. Solid purchase. 

I bought one of these about a month ago and liked it so much I bought another about a week ago. The second arrived with a cracked screen and now I'm going through the Newegg shipping 'claim' process to get it taken care of. Kind of pisses me off, they submit the claim to the shipping company (FedEx) because it's THEIR claim (not mine) and I have to wait to see if it's approved or not. Either way I got a broken TV so I hope they don't try to stick me with it. In that case it will end up being a CC dispute on my part.

In for 1! Thanks OP it looks like a great deal. It has very good ratings **** out of ***** will 200 ratings. One 1 star was for broken out of the box which Newegg resolved....

This unit is excellent. Specifically wanted something non-120 Hz and this fit the bill perfectly. The 5 pack of HDMI cables was a nice bonus too.

I'm pretty sure it's Swedish.

christoj879 said:   This unit is excellent. Specifically wanted something non-120 Hz and this fit the bill perfectly. The 5 pack of HDMI cables was a nice bonus too.
  Can u clarify as to why you were looking at something non-120Hz (vs. something that is 120Hz or better I would preaume)??

Anyone know how this TV is with video games? Most of my TV time is video games and sports. How's the input lag and motion?

polishdreamer said:   
canusa said:   
polishdreamer said:   This is junk, don't believe anyone on here.
  Any proof you would like us to refer to?

The name.

USA is not a center of the universe, if brand does not ring a bell it does not mean they are not reputable elsewhere.

zapjb said:   I'm holding out for a CheCheech not a Changhong.
calm down everyone...it's known as a "joke"  

you don't have to think it's funny, but i detect some hostility...

Not sure where this brand is from. Personally I'd rather pay a bit extra and go with a brand I know. Each to their own though of course

This brand is probably pronounced as "jang-ong" by locals in China.

fatwally2102 said:   This brand is probably pronounced as "jang-ong" by locals in China.

Whatever you wanna call it be ying-yang or wanna be Samsung - it is cheap TV made by copy cat Chinese electronic company without distribution channel in US.

As old saying goes - you get what you pay.

Headup... looks like this deal expires today (2/6). Price will be $499 tomorrow.

just pulled the trigger w/agent cuz I had expired 10% code and wanted to see if they'd send another code due to some very odd correspondence w/acct. hackings a few weeks ago like 10+ per day for a few in a row! Anyhow she came back and offered 5% and I took it. Got thru checkout and gave her order # so she could deduct $19.95 as soon as it showed up. Done deal w/Amex too so hopefully all is good for 2 years. (?)

Green for OP, thanks

this will drop another $50 soon

How did you get the extra 5%?
Any links to the expired coupons?

Got my T.V. yesterday! I am VERY impressed with picture and sound. Wow what an awesome deal. Thanks OP.

...If the price does drop again don't wait it's even more worth it!!!

Got my T.V. yesterday! I am VERY impressed with picture and sound. Wow what an awesome deal. Thanks OP.

...If the price does drop again don't wait it's even more worth it!!!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014