• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Link 

100W/Ch / 10 x HDMI / Marvell Qdeo Video Chip / THX Select2 Plus Certified / Network Streaming / iPod via USB / Mobile HD Link for Smartphones/ Zone 2
No airplay

Member Summary

onkyo
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

This is a hot deal!

I know the site says in-store only but is there a way to convince a store to ship it out? I wish there was a Fry's in Minnesota.

Its a good deal.. I need to replace my TX-SR605 bought many years ago. After the warranty was expired it started giving me troubles.

Now most of the inputs goes directly to my TV then used my TV audio out in to onkyo.

I think I will pass just the fact that I am having bad experience with onkyo.

In for one and is available near me. Thanks OP!

I had a great older Onkyo unit that lasted me a long time. I still use it but it lacks HDMI and other modern inputs.

Then I got a newer RC360 I think it was and that thing went belly up (no audio out via speakers or headphone, only HDMI pass thru works) in less than 2 yrs.

I'm in the market but unsure about going for another $2-300 Onkyo unit after my recent experience. I think quality has gone south a bit.

This has 8 hdmi inputs. Great receiver for price. It doesnt have pre-out for all channels if you want to use external amplifier. No Air-play either.

Paulaji99 said:   Its a good deal.. I need to replace my TX-SR605 bought many years ago. After the warranty was expired it started giving me troubles.

Now most of the inputs goes directly to my TV then used my TV audio out in to onkyo.

I think I will pass just the fact that I am having bad experience with onkyo.

Had issues with that model as well, HDMI has never worked properly.

Don't mean to threadcrap, but it's a reality that Onkyo's quality has gone way downhill in the past few years. There is a reason these are being discounted so heavily, from multiple sources. And just look at all the refurbished ones available too.

I have this unit from a refurb direct from Onkyo, working solid for over a year. With early firmware it 'lost' it's HDMI about 1x a month, now it's been good since early last summer. I agree the quality seemed to be and issue ever since the X1X series, but the firmware seems to have caught up.

I managed to find one in SoCal at the Manhattan Beach store, ordered it, showed in stock, and now get the email that they don't have any.

wfay said:   I had a great older Onkyo unit that lasted me a long time. I still use it but it lacks HDMI and other modern inputs.

Then I got a newer RC360 I think it was and that thing went belly up (no audio out via speakers or headphone, only HDMI pass thru works) in less than 2 yrs.

I'm in the market but unsure about going for another $2-300 Onkyo unit after my recent experience. I think quality has gone south a bit.

Same thing happened to mine.  That's why I'm in the market for one.  Great price, I'm sure it works great, but I just can't get another Onkyo.  I really wanted a Pandora enabled receiver too.

They have refurbished Yamaha 375 something or other for $159 in store, that's what I'm probably going for.

SOLD OUT in Austin,Texas.

So I see both stores near me have items in stock, but one is open box. So I add the "new" to cart and get the email order is ready in store. I'm sitting at the register now and they indicate all they have is open box and I should have been notified. I check the email and indeed it was for an open box.

I griping at the managers right now indicating their site provided false information and I drove 30min out of my way to ensure a new unit. They're knocking 10% off but I've been hear 45min already and still haven't even seen the unit yet.

Certainly YMMV

Andddd it's the display model. Why do they even try to sell these things that have been left 24/7 on for over a year??? Sheesh..

The manager cut me a deal on an open box TX-NR525 for $199 (originally $275; new they're $399). I just got it all hooked up, firmware updated, and we're off and running. Sound is incredible over my old onkyo! Will report back if I have any HDMI issues, but so far so good.

Yup, passed on Onkyo options because of the HDMI horror stories, wanted an upgrade to existing pre-HDMI Onkyo.
Yamaha networked receiver with standby HDMI switching as a BB open box item, pleased so far. (went from 7.1 to 5.1 channels, but sound experience seems more full)

sixt7gt350 said:   Yup, passed on Onkyo options because of the HDMI horror stories, wanted an upgrade to existing pre-HDMI Onkyo.
Yamaha networked receiver with standby HDMI switching as a BB open box item, pleased so far. (went from 7.1 to 5.1 channels, but sound experience seems more full)

I believe the firmware updates Onkyo puts out help tremendously with the HDMI issues reported. I've only owned the TX-NR525 (Available refurb at woot for $179 BTW) for 24 hours now, but I tried to do some stress testing on it last night. I turned it off/on, switching HDMI inputs, watching all sorts of media from a Blu ray player, Chromecast, and Xbox 360. Not a hiccup so far, but I'm sure time will tell. I should mention the first thing I did after getting it all hooked up was a firmware update.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.