• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

HDX 12-Volt Inflator with Warning Light in Black-HD-005 at The Home Depot
Disclaimer

Home Depot
See Home Depot discounts that earn 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

inflator
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I wish it was available in my store. Maybe next time. Thanks

jbfx21 (Feb. 18, 2014 @ 9:35a) |

Nice deal but not available in stores near my place. Too bad.

yukun8388 (Feb. 18, 2014 @ 1:38p) |

not available in my area ..94577... did anybody from surrounding areas have any luck

loookingforadeal (Feb. 19, 2014 @ 11:11a) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

In for 2--one for each car.  Decent reviews.

I have not tried this HDX, but I have another brand inflator about that size that has been extremely handy, especially this time of year when the temperature fluctuates so drastically.  My alloy rims seem to always leak a bit of pressure and it is impossible to find a gas station with a air line that is not frozen .  I keep it in my trunk at all times.  It can run off your battery, but it will inflate a tire about twice as fast if your car is running. 

nice, already have another one but couldn't pass up this deal.

Just burned my other one up. Apparently, you do need to let them cool down after 15 minutes of use. Just to be safe, I'm grabbing 2 this time!

I have the same exact model. It's kind of useless for car tires. My tires run at 32 psi, and I can never reach past 25 with this thing running after 15 mins.

arctangent123 said:   I have the same exact model. It's kind of useless for car tires. My tires run at 32 psi, and I can never reach past 25 with this thing running after 15 mins.
  Thanks for the info. In an emergency 25psi is better than 0psi, I suppose.

Got two, thanks OP.

Bought one of these before xmas for $9.99 and thought that was a decent deal. Bead leak on my 31x10.5" a couple weeks ago and I was able to get to the gas station where the air hose was frozen open so no pressure. Pulled around the side and got up to about 20PSI (should be more like 25+) in 10-15min. The pressure indicator was showing 60+ the entire time so not sure if it's defective or if it was because it was -17F outside that day. A nice little insurance policy. it also has all the attachments for like needle, etc. for filling balls, water toys, mattresses.

In for one! For emergencies

In for 3... Just in case

In for two, I have a Sears Craftsman brand which I have had for years and it works great. It has a digital gauge on it that is pretty accurate. I hope this one works nearly as well but mine has come in handy several times. Once when I had a flat tire and the spare was too low, it pumped it right up. Really a lifesaver and nice to have as part of standard equipment in your trunk. As one person mentioned, turn the car on to make sure it pumps faster and you don't end up with a nicely inflated tire but a dead battery!

Logician1313 said:   I have not tried this HDX, but I have another brand inflator about that size that has been extremely handy, especially this time of year when the temperature fluctuates so drastically.  My alloy rims seem to always leak a bit of pressure and it is impossible to find a gas station with a air line that is not frozen ...

Your tires aren't loosing air.  Your tire pressure will decrease about 1 PSI for every 10 degrees the outside air temperature drops.  If you inflate your tires to the proper pressure on a nice 50 degree day, they are going to be under-inflated when the temperature drops to zero like this week in much of the country.  

got two, one for each car just in case of emergency.

Thanks OP!!

In for one to use at home to save gas with proper inflated tires. Green all the way for you OP.

In for a pair , to make each car happy , lol  . Thx OP!

As mentioned , make sure your vehicle is running when you do this and the filling up will go 2-4x faster and usually to a higher pressure level (if needed) .

arctangent123 said:   I have the same exact model. It's kind of useless for car tires. My tires run at 32 psi, and I can never reach past 25 with this thing running after 15 mins.

Thanks! I'd rather spend more for quality rather than flush $5 down the toilet. When you find yourself with a tire inflation problem, the last thing you need is a weakling pump.

Great find,Good pump,dont trust the guage for 50 lb bike tires but great but..Thanks...

I found a stack of them at a store this morning. After seeing it in person, I decided to pass. This thing is cheap plastic. The auto cable uses thin cheap wires. You definitely get what you pay for.

bobo809 said:   I found a stack of them at a store this morning. After seeing it in person, I decided to pass. This thing is cheap plastic. The auto cable uses thin cheap wires. You definitely get what you pay for.
  If you're fortunate, you'll only have need of it 3 or 4 times/year to maintain your tires.  If it lasts through a dozen uses (3 yrs), it'd be worth $5 wouldn't it?

Got one and it does not work, so back it goes to the store.

Ordered 2 on 1/25/14... Received email stating I have until 1/31/14 to pick up. Was busy the last few days a planned on getting it tomorrow. Just got an email stating my order was cancelled and my money refunded!! Nice job Home Depot..

In for 20. For the whole office. Thank you OP!

oops

nice deal OP

thanks OP, as stated before, got 2, Tested,  it works fine

Picked my two up , and I tested both by deflating a tire by 15lbs and then re-inflated . Took just a minute or two to get back that 15lbs (with the car running) with an end pressure of 35lbs in the tire . This tells me it can atleast inflate to a regular tire pressure , given that the pump can holdout for possible or if needed longer durations (depending on how low or flat a tire is) . For emergency units in each car , definitely worth the $5 .
(To note: these are loud and vibrate quite abit , but still worth it)  
Thx again OP! 

Pickup 2. Thanks.

Tested mine out and works fine. For $5 you can't go wrong when your in a tight spot...........

I wonder if you jack up the car under that side, the air would flow into the tire with less resistance?

I think the key is to have the car running when you are inflating. I always had the car off. Will try with the engine running next time.

arctangent123 said:   I think the key is to have the car running when you are inflating. I always had the car off. Will try with the engine running next time.
  That's a most definite , and really applies to any inflator of this type . 
I should have mentioned that fact in my previous post/review a few posts up (now edited to reflect the fact) .

Just picked up four in store, price is $3 each.

Nice! Thank you OP!

Logician1313 said:   I have not tried this HDX, but I have another brand inflator about that size that has been extremely handy, especially this time of year when the temperature fluctuates so drastically.  My alloy rims seem to always leak a bit of pressure and it is impossible to find a gas station with a air line that is not frozen .  I keep it in my trunk at all times.  It can run off your battery, but it will inflate a tire about twice as fast if your car is running. 

Wow.  I've never seen an air line freeze.  Of course, it is in the 70's and 80's here this week.  

Looks pretty good for the price,

I have Slime Heavy Duty at home and I like that it inflates fast and fairly quiet.

I will try to pick this cheap one up at Home Depot next time I am there. I can also use one in my car for emergencies.
I also recommend having a Tire Tool Kit. It is quicker and easier than putting on a spare.

Was this built in the 80s? It is oooogely

in for 40 of them, just picked them up. thanks OP.

ninjaman said:   arctangent123 said:   I have the same exact model. It's kind of useless for car tires. My tires run at 32 psi, and I can never reach past 25 with this thing running after 15 mins.

I wonder if you jack up the car under that side, the air would flow into the tire with less resistance?

Wow. Extra points for an inquisitive thought. But Physics says, "NO."

Skipping 3 Messages...
not available in my area ..94577... did anybody from surrounding areas have any luck

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014