Sears Goodyear Tire deal

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Sears has a special 100 off on goodyear tires until the end of the month, they also have 50% off installation and a 35 off 350, and there is a 80 off goodyear rebate that is also available (depends on tire selected) 

http://www.sears.com/auto-rebates-and-coupons/dap-12000000039432...

Member Summary

Sears Goodyear Tire deal
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I cannot stack them online.. Perfect timing though.. thanks OP!!!

boyohio (Jan. 30, 2014 @ 7:33p) |

Well, you only have a few hours to do this, but I bought into a similar deal in December and there was no problem with m... (more)

ranger111 (Jan. 31, 2014 @ 2:48p) |

Never heard to only use stick on weights on alloys.  I just noticed it on my more recent cars.  My 2000 has the clamp on... (more)

PikaGiggles (Feb. 03, 2014 @ 3:27p) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Are these really all stackable?

yes, they are stackable.  and be aware that the installation includes free balancing, free rotation, and free valve stems.  I was going to order online but couldn't as the tires were in a different store he was able to get them for me at the store.  the only one he had difficult was the 35 off but he figured it out, I don't have an invoice as the tires are being shipped so my wife is going tomorrow when they reach the store

What codes did you use for the 50% off installation? The 35 off 350 is not stacking with the $100 off.

35777  remember I called this in and got this to work, I couldn't do it online as the tires were not at my store

Thanks

all of the coupons are in the link I provided but to make it easier

http://s7.sears.com/is/image/Sears/35off350w35BUCKSthru20140201detailsB?$fulljpg$ 

http://s7.sears.com/is/content/Sears/Non-ASAP/Automotive/New%20Folder/80GYRebateExpires20140201.pdf 

http://s7.sears.com/is/image/Sears/50PoffTireInst_35777exp20140201?$fulljpg$ 

again I did this instore as they needed to switch the tires from one location to do them at mine.  He did try to add extras like valve stems but if you look at what the installation includeds from the web site, it is free valve stems, free balancing and rotation.  it all worked for me, I suggest trying it online then calling them at the store

Where is the $100.00 off promo?

Never mind. I found it.

Be nice to the associate. They tried to sell me chrome valves and road insurance, which I declined, but he also threw in free installation ($62 off), instead of the 1/2 off.
He didn't add the $35 coupon, but I will try to talk to them once I head in store.

Thanks for the heads up, good deal.

I can't seem to find the $100 off special though.

...and like tbird42s, I found it right after posting here.

http://www.fatwallet.com/Sears-coupons/code-790394/

question how do the points work do I have to have a Sears card to earn them

Yes, ridn4free, you do need a Sears card.

EDIT:  Just bought 4 tires with $105 worth of savings. 

the $35 doesn't stack online

Is it possible that they will deny the $80 mail rebate since there was a $100 instant off?

Nice deal. Looks like all the Goodyear tires I want are not available according to Sears.com. BF Goodrich tires are also supposed to have the $100 off as well, but I can't get the website to actually apply it. I absolutely loathe Sears.com. It's totally minor league incompetence. The description for BFG tires even list an expired promo too. Good luck to all.

Just to follow up, I was able to use Sears' system that calls you back and got an order placed. I wanted to use my Discover card and get an additional 10% off with ShopDiscover, but because I had to do the transaction over the phone, the associate, took an additional 10% off and gave free installation. So I got $100 off, $65 off for free install, 10% off, and $40 mail in rebate. No more bald tires! Now to hope Sears Auto Center doesn't screw things up when I go to install.

make sure to compare against Sams club. I looked at the price can be better at Sams even with the coupons.

PikaGiggles said:    Now to hope Sears Auto Center doesn't screw things up when I go to install.
  Make sure they use a torque wrench to do the final tightening of the lugs.   They put the lugs on so tight on a friends car that we could not break them free no matter what.  

Where is the 100dls coupon? thx

SlamminMOFO said:   
PikaGiggles said:    Now to hope Sears Auto Center doesn't screw things up when I go to install.
  Make sure they use a torque wrench to do the final tightening of the lugs.   They put the lugs on so tight on a friends car that we could not break them free no matter what.  

Sorry, but there isn't an AIR wrench made that can put lug nuts on so tight that you can't break them free, no matter what.  The physics involved are impossible... in otherwords, the wrench would break the wrist of the operator before the lug nut "BOTTOMED".

That said, they were probably cross threaded as they were put on.  OR, they were corroded in place.

again, a simple wrench and a 4 or 6 foot CHEATER bar will break free ANY lugnut that an air wrench (or even impact hammer) put on.  Trust me on the cheater bar... I snapped a Heavy Duty 4x4 Wheel hub in two using a cheater bar, when replacing brake rotors.  the roters were RUSTED in place, and rather than break free at the rust point, the hub failed (at it is built to withstand potholes and large rock climbing...

Discount Tire put a wheel on one of our trucks so tight that they 1) just said they couldn't get it off, and after I complained they 2) stripped the outside of the lug nut which made it almost impossible to turn.  I eventually took it to our usual mechanic who broke the stud off and I charged Discount for a new wheel and rotor.  There is at least one place worse for cars than Sears. As for the tire deal I agree with what others have said:  check prices elsewhere first.  Tires for two of my trucks were a TON higher at Sears than other places.

I cannot stack them online.. Perfect timing though.. thanks OP!!!

Well, you only have a few hours to do this, but I bought into a similar deal in December and there was no problem with my rebate, even with the "free tire discount."  Just got an e-mail saying my rebate was approved and would be on the way.

A note of caution though, Sears screwed up the installation on my alloy wheels and while they did finally fix it (for free), it was a bit of a hassle -- did not use stick-on weights to balance -- real no-no on alloys.  This in spite of the fact that I TOLD THEM TO BE SURE TO USE stick-ons....and they said they would.

Never heard to only use stick on weights on alloys.  I just noticed it on my more recent cars.  My 2000 has the clamp on ones.  Now that I think of it, I guess it does gouge the rim a bit. 

So now to the often repeated, Sears F'd up my order beyond any recognition.  When I called in the order because the website sucks, the guy didn't get my name or email right.  So I never got an email confirmation, and it took the sales person way too long to find my order.  Had I got a confirmation, I might have recognized that the wrong size was ordered.  Despite setting a search on one tire, the results included my tire in a different size too.  I happened to pick the wrong one.  I just thought it was a difference in speed ratings.  Shame on me for not noticing.  Shame on Sears website for even offering the wrong size!  The salesperson was very understanding, and seems to be doing his best to fix things.  I don't know if I've ever had a smooth Sears.com transaction.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014