• filter:
  • Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:

PETCO
Need a PETCO coupon that earns 5.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
Related Deals   People who viewed this deal also viewed these similar deals.

Member Summary

purina (119.29kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
You went to a different PETsMART where it was declared fraudulent?  Or was it a different Petco?

my4mainecoons (Feb. 08, 2014 @ 8:00a) |

PETsMART probably treated like a store coupon, which is typically not taxable. Petco treats it like a manufacturers coup... (more)

billrubin (Feb. 08, 2014 @ 6:46p) |

Not an Expired Deal for me but of course YMMV.
Was out of town.  Brought a copy of the complete web page with both coupon... (more)

my4mainecoons (Feb. 15, 2014 @ 7:28a) |

and don't forget to get this Q, too ...

FREE Can of Friskies or Fancy Feast Wet Cat Food Q

up to $1.29 ... expires 2/15/14
Staff Summary
Categorized in
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Thanks !

rated:
Thanks! Another donation for my local SPCA

rated:
Thanks OP Perfect timing I need to pick up some dog food!

rated:
PETsMART usually accepts Petco coupons. Thanks remick.

rated:
Is this only good at Petco Unleashed?

rated:
Coupon says single use, but I'm assuming it's really not?

rated:
good in regular Petco?

yes or no

rated:
The Coupon says "Petco" and then says "Unleashed by Petco" so hopefully that means both.

rated:
Thanks OP!

rated:
michelelt said:   Thanks! Another donation for my local SPCA
  Thanks for the suggestion.  I will follow your lead!

rated:
ProPlan is our fave, thanks OP!

rated:
Wow, this is pretty amazing, given that it clearly can be used more than once (assuming the cashier doesn't stop you).

rated:
yea yea yea!!! thank you remick!

rated:
billrubin said:   Wow, this is pretty amazing, given that it clearly can be used more than once (assuming the cashier doesn't stop you).
  This is not a one-time use coupon?

rated:
Nice offers - thanks remmick. Have to find out if regular Petco will accept them. If not, I'll check PETsMART.

rated:
coupon appears to indicate that it's valid at both Petco and unleashed by Petco based on both logos being present on the coupon

rated:
tuphat said:   Coupon says single use, but I'm assuming it's really not?
billrubin said:   Wow, this is pretty amazing, given that it clearly can be used more than once (assuming the cashier doesn't stop you).
dazviking said:     This is not a one-time use coupon?
the coupon can be used again ... but it is one-time use against a single pals rewards card ... so if every member of your family has a card ...

and don't forget to get this Q, too ...

FREE Can of Friskies or Fancy Feast Wet Cat Food Q 

rated:
kerryk said:   coupon appears to indicate that it's valid at both Petco and unleashed by Petco based on both logos being present on the coupon
  that's what I thought-- both logos so can be used at both places.

I don't have a Petco card yet.  Does something track whether the coupon has been used?  If not, could one go in again w/ the same card?  If not then better to use it at PETsMART as a competitor's coupon.

rated:
my4mainecoons said:   I don't have a Petco card yet.  Does something track whether the coupon has been used?  If not, could one go in again w/ the same card?  If not then better to use it at PETsMART as a competitor's coupon.

Yeah, I'm wondering about the single use per card thing. I don't get to Petco often (not convenient for most things) but I've bought multiples of free coupon items in the past on a single card (maybe a year ago) and have not had problems. Of course, it's possible that something changed.

Will PETsMART accept a competitors coupon for a free item? They're much more convenient for me.

rated:
billrubin said:   
my4mainecoons said:   I don't have a Petco card yet.  Does something track whether the coupon has been used?  If not, could one go in again w/ the same card?  If not then better to use it at PETsMART as a competitor's coupon.
Yeah, I'm wondering about the single use per card thing. I don't get to Petco often (not convenient for most things) but I've bought multiples of free coupon items in the past on a single card (maybe a year ago) and have not had problems. Of course, it's possible that something changed.

Will PETsMART accept a competitors coupon for a free item? They're much more convenient for me.

I asked someone who shops Petco regularly.  There's nothing preventing you from using coupon more than once per card, except sales staff.
IDK if PETsMART will accept competitor coupon for free item.  Friend was going to use the $10 off  next weekend when there's a $5/$25 coupon.   I *think* that's at Petco.  She said you can stack.  I'll get more details

rated:
Anyone tried multiple against a single card yet? Will I be the first and face the possible grave embarrassment?

rated:
burkotron5k said:   Anyone tried multiple against a single card yet? Will I be the first and face the possible grave embarrassment?
  Go when there's a high school kid at the register (sorry if I offend any high school kids on here).

rated:
Awesome find!! just got two bags for less than $5 dollars. Im gonna see if my girlfriend can get the same deal on the same card. Does it cost anything to get a Petco card? If not why not just sign up using a work number or a friends number?

rated:
Awesome find!! just got two bags for less than $5 dollars. Im gonna see if my girlfriend can get the same deal on the same card. Does it cost anything to get a Petco card? If not why not just sign up using a work number or a friends number?

rated:
I signed up for card at the register.  There were only 2 bags of the 3.5lb cat food on the shelf and I took one.  I'll go back tomorrow and get the 2nd one hoping that same person isn't at the register. 
Paid 90˘ tax for $14.99 bag of food that's our usual brand/flavor. 

rated:
Petco told me this was a fake coupon?

rated:
I used four coupons this morning - two free bags and two $10 off - two at PETsMART (no problem at all) and two at Petco. (Lucky that both stores are within a block of each other 😃. I don't have a PALS card, but signed up at the register and used the coupons with no questions asked at either store.  So, I ended up paying $10 for four bags of quality cat food that I normally purchase.

Lucky relatives benefit from my fatwallet finds. Thanks OP!

rated:
FroginMyPants said:   I used four coupons this morning - two free bags and two $10 off - two at PETsMART (no problem at all) and two at Petco. (Lucky that both stores are within a block of each other 😃. I don't have a PALS card, but signed up at the register and used the coupons with no questions asked at either store.  So, I ended up paying $10 for four bags of quality cat food that I normally purchase.

Lucky relatives benefit from my fatwallet finds. Thanks OP!

I'll have to try another store, Don't go to the Weslaco,Tx store they are not taking this coupon!

rated:
fsu67 said:   Petco told me this was a fake coupon?
  How can it be fake when it has a bar code that obviously works?

rated:
tuphat said:   

Thats what I was told by manager and my coupon print out even had my Palsrewards account name and # on it!

rated:
fsu67 said:   
tuphat said:   

Thats what I was told by manager and my coupon print out even had my Palsrewards account name and # on it!

go to a different store or the same store when that manager isn't working and file a complaint or post on their FB page.  Crazy that a manager would not accept a coupon from their own website. 

rated:
I'm thinking the jig may soon be up. My theory is that this was supposed to be a single use coupon (as per T&c) but system was programmed incorrectly. Clerks at my Petco said they had seen a lot of these today (I didn't respond or engage, seeing as how I was using fourth or fifth copy of coupon today). When Petco corporate comes back to work on Monday, expect system to be corrected.

rated:
tuphat said:   I'm thinking the jig may soon be up. My theory is that this was supposed to be a single use coupon (as per T&c) but system was programmed incorrectly. Clerks at my Petco said they had seen a lot of these today (I didn't respond or engage, seeing as how I was using fourth or fifth copy of coupon today). When Petco corporate comes back to work on Monday, expect system to be corrected.
Given that there does not appear to have been a situation in the past where Petco offers were single use, I don't think that is true. Clearly the coupon itself has a generic code and is not single use. I got 2 bags today in separate orders (didn't bother trying 2 in one order). Had to pay sales tax, but still a great deal.

rated:
fsu67 said:   
tuphat said:   

I would contact corporate and report the manager. Hopefully you have their name.

rated:
Don't have a cat or dog, but do have to stop there for some hamster food. Will pick some up to donate. Thanks!

rated:
Petco manager was quick to tell me that he wouldn't be able to honor the coupon. Told me word had come down last night from corporate that these were intended for specific customers and were not for public distribution. I gave him the evil eye and told him I'd be damned if I'd ever shoplift here ever again. Guess I told him.

By the way the imanemokid link to a free wet can (above post) was accepted without a problem by the same manager.

rated:
kerryk said:   coupon appears to indicate that it's valid at both Petco and unleashed by Petco based on both logos being present on the coupon
  my local Petco has a bunch printed in the cashier's register since i showed her the pdf on the phone.
so she just gave me the coupon that way

rated:
Interesting.  When I printed mine my printer screwed up, ink down and out of alignment (coupon was still somewhat readable - kind of like 3D but without the glasses).  So I wrote the bar code numbers by hand on it and they accepted it.

Skipping 22 Messages...
rated:
Not an Expired Deal for me but of course YMMV.
Was out of town.  Brought a copy of the complete web page with both coupons on it to a Petco.  No questions asked.  Cashier just tore the 2 coupons off the page. 
Only glitch was I tried to use both the "free bag" and two $10/1 coupons in the same transaction on 3 bags.  Register didn't like that. 
Took off one bag and one $10/1 coupon.  Register happy.
Found bags of "Finesse" with $3/1 peelie coupons on them.  Used those (manufacturer coupon) and the $10/1 Petco coupon for a 2nd free bag. 
To be a little less obvious I tossed in a small bag of Greenies using the $1/1 Greenie coupons found on the table when you enter the store.  Petco logo on them but they're manufacturer coupons.
I'm new at Petco shopping but was told to hand over manufacturer coupons first-- to avoid register problems.

1 bag Savor (our usual), 1 bag Finesse, 1 small bag Greenies ($1.64 w/card), 1 can Fancy Feast
gave cashier $1/1 Greenie coupon and had him peel off the $3/1 Finesse manufacturer coupon
then handed over the Free bag, $10/1 bag, free Fancy Feast coupons
$1.92 on Petco gc for everything

Repeated the above at nearby PETsMART.
Returned to local Petco yesterday and they'd restocked small bags.  Picked up 2 more bags, another can of Fancy Feast and another bag of Greenies.
Free bag and Fancy Feast coupons expire today.  The $10/1 bag doesn't expire until the end of the month.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014