• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
http://www.rei.com/outlet/deal-of-the-day 

Black Diamond Storm Headlamp - 2013 Closeout
$24.73 $49.95*REDUCED PRICEYou Save 50%

Built to withstand the worst weather, the Black Diamond Storm Headlamp offers a 100 lumen beam and tough, waterproof construction.

• Headlamp features a TriplePower LED that outputs up to 100 lumens and throws a beam up to 70m so you can locate the hiking trail at night
  • 2 SinglePower white LEDs and 2 SinglePower red LEDs output 25 lumens and throw a beam up to 20m
  • Use the red LEDs to preserve night vision while hanging out at camp or making your way down the trail
  • Dimmer switch lets you choose the light output needed for the task at hand, from a blazing 100 lumens down to 25 lumens
  • Use the 2 strobe functions to flash red or white light
  • Sleek headlamp operates on 4 AAA batteries, included
  • 4 AAA batteries provide up to 50 hrs. of use on high and 200 hrs. on low; battery indicator light helps you determine how much battery power you have left
  • The Black Diamond Storm headlamp has an IPX7 waterproof rating (protected against water immersion down to 1m for 30 min.)
  • Closeout

Imported.Item 871873

REI
See REI promo codes that earn 3.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Related Deals   People who viewed this deal also viewed these similar deals.

Member Summary

headlamp (85.06kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Categorized in
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
awesome price for this waterproof headlamp. just to let you all know, that this is the previous model at 100 lumens. the one that *just* came out goes up to 160 lumens. i have a spot lamp that goes up to 70 lumens, and that is *plenty* bright. so for the money, i would go for this. did i mention that i absolutely love my BD spot? all the petzel lamps that i had in the past doesn't hold a candle (get it?) to the black diamond lamps. 

rated:
I think the princeton tec EOS is probably the best headlamp but this looks like a clone of it and the price seems right.

rated:
I like the waterproof feature. For those of you in the know, isn't 4 AAAs a lot to wear on your head?

rated:
juser, I think 3 AAA is annoying enough to have on your forehead. An extra battery will just make it that much more annoying. Then again, my last night hike in the Eastern Sierra, we didn't see a trail intersection and got lost, that too was very annoying.

rated:
juser said:   I like the waterproof feature. For those of you in the know, isn't 4 AAAs a lot to wear on your head?  
Just think of all the extra calories you'll burn, lugging around that burdensome weight.

rated:
As a person works in the woods for a living and wears headlamps on a very frequent basis, I have never liked the battery "up front" design. Even with small units such as the AAA, it seems to "bounce" on the forehead.

My go-to unit is an old Princeton Tec, which is not made any more and has four AA's on the back. Awesome amount of illumination and well-balanced. While Black Diamond makes good units, I really don't like the front "powerpack" design. A pass for me.

rated:
In for one. This is a good price. I've had a Black Diamond headlamp (70 lumens I think) for a couple of years, and I love it. Used it on many hikes and hunts, including all night on a moonless night last September field dressing and packing out an elk I shot. A few times more lumens would have helped, so it will be nice to move up to 100 lumens, but you can dim this to any point if you don't want the full output.

rated:
Spend the extra cash for a rechargeable battery pack

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014