• filter:
  • Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
got that new Canon Camera?  Get a 70-300mm IS lens for cheap. Remember FatCash and search or:

1. Go to Adorama  and click on "Save $4.00 on Save..."

2 Choose the calculator bundle

Final Price : $301.11 Shipped

Adorama
See Adorama promo codes that earn 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Related Deals   People who viewed this deal also viewed these similar deals.

Member Summary

lens (59.66kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
The only reason you didn't get more is that there aren't enough (Canon) photographers on here.

Hoogineer (Feb. 11, 2014 @ 12:16p) |

I got mine in the mail 2 days ago. Deal is legit.

dpurwin (Feb. 12, 2014 @ 8:15p) |

Thanks for the deal.. Was exactly what I was looking for in a zoom lens..

Hypnosis4u2nv (Feb. 13, 2014 @ 9:43a) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Ugh ... massive green. I'm not sure whether this order will ship, but an amazing deal. Would jump on it if I didn't own the 55-250 II already.

rated:
Hoogineer said:   Ugh ... massive green. I'm not sure whether this order will ship, but an amazing deal. 
  Yep..good price for new. 

rated:
Hoogineer said:   Ugh ... massive green. I'm not sure whether this order will ship, but an amazing deal. Would jump on it if I didn't own the 55-250 II already.Much better lens than the 55-250. This is a great price for an excellent lens

rated:
price error, won't ship. Don't waste your time since it's too good to be true.

rated:
Good shot at it. Adorama does these sometime. Has some odd package that takes advantage of Vendor promotional pricing. I've bought $180 cameras for a $95 'package' from them. They sometimes do things with high end Canon printers and an extra pack of paper to get a $50 price break. If you're looking for one, what have you got to lose?

rated:
Update: order in. Accepted. Cash Back recognized. Ad on CL. 2 fish circling the boat already. Good times. Oh, and I'm keeping the kick-ass calculator

rated:
I got on it too. Thanks for the heads up. Hopefully it actually goes through. Will keep you posted.

rated:
it shows $649 now

rated:
tommythe said:   it shows $649 now
  $529 in cart.

rated:
Hope it works for you guys!

It seems like there are more hot deals for Canon lenses than Nikon lenses. Does Canon just get discounted more than Nikon?

rated:
Add the calculator and it is still 301.11

Abe's Price: $329.00

rated:
novocane said:   
tommythe said:   it shows $649 now
  $529 in cart.

I still got it to show 301.11 when I tried again just now.  You have to follow Canucklehead's instructions and add the calculator bundle in order to get the deal.

rated:
JesusIsLord said:   Add the calculator and it is still 301.11

Do you work at Abe's?  Anyone in right state of mind will not touch Abe's of Maine with 10ft pole.  
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/expired-deals/1335210/

rated:
What the heck. In for one even though I shoot Nikon

rated:
Same here. Shows $301.11 + Tax $21.08 in cart. Good find OP

rated:
king0fSpades said:   
JesusIsLord said:   Add the calculator and it is still 301.11

Do you work at Abe's?  Anyone in right state of mind will not touch Abe's of Maine with 10ft pole.  
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/expired-deals/1335210/ 

I have ordered twice from Abes (Two sigma lenses $500+) and have not had any issues.

rated:
I got confirmation email and receipt. we'll see if it ships

rated:
Almost as cheap as the Refurbished one I bought from Canon last year! Would buy if I did not have it already.

rated:
In 4 1, good reviews on this at Amazon, killer deal for me to get some new shots from afar! Thanks.

rated:
In for one too. Could not keep myself from hitting that buy button. Let's see if it ships.

Thanks

rated:
I have an old  70-200mm f/4 L non-IS, I'm wondering if I should get one of these...  Any suggestions?

Also, does this come with standard Canon warranty?  Yes, it says 1 yr Canon warranty on the description.

rated:
Calculator kills it for me. Maybe if it was the HS-1200.

rated:
Green for OP

rated:
Would it work in a Nikon body? Showing 649$

rated:
Follow OP's instructions, the price will drop!

rated:
pokumon said:   I have an old  70-200mm f/4 L non-IS, I'm wondering if I should get one of these...  Any suggestions?

Also, does this come with standard Canon warranty?  Yes, it says 1 yr Canon warranty on the description.

Your lens is better. Yours is f/4 all the way.  This one will go to 5.6 at long end. IQ of yours is also much better. Don't downgrade. 

rated:
tamsrus said:   Would it work in a Nikon body? Showing 649$
  No, sorry.

rated:
king0fSpades said:   
pokumon said:   I have an old  70-200mm f/4 L non-IS, I'm wondering if I should get one of these...  Any suggestions?

Your lens is better. Yours is f/4 all the way.  This one will go to 5.6 at long end. IQ of yours is also much better. Don't downgrade. 

+1. According to my reading (i.e. forum lurking), cropping 70-200mm f/4L at 200mm yields a better image than 70-300mm f/4-5.6 at 300mm.  (Reference) 

Yeah, the 70-300 is definitely an improvement over the 55-250, but I don't think it's worth spending the extra money (or trying to explain to my wife why this arrived in the mail).

rated:
Shipped for me two days shipping. Let's see what I get.

rated:
In for one. Thank you! 

rated:
Order shipped for me! $250 with a CashBack coupon I had.

rated:
Me too…

• Your Adorama order is on its way •

They are working late tonight.
Thanks OP

rated:
I owned the 70-300 and sold it for the 55-250 which is lighter and cheaper and very nearly just as good. Neither are as good as the L glass in my bag, but this is a smoking deal.

rated:
Mine shipped. Deal worked. Enjoy to those that jumped on it. Like I said, Adorama does some funky deals sometimes. If you ever need a "who helped you with the order", pick Steve Chill. Great guy that always helps me out.

rated:
Still alive. For anyone wondering though, this lens sells for under $300 on the secondary market, so don't go looking to flip it.

rated:
Mine shipped too. Shipped last night and will be delivered today  !! Will update the post with what I receive.

rated:
Hoogineer said:   
king0fSpades said:   

+1. According to my reading (i.e. forum lurking), cropping 70-200mm f/4L at 200mm yields a better image than 70-300mm f/4-5.6 at 300mm.  (Reference) 

Yeah, the 70-300 is definitely an improvement over the 55-250, but I don't think it's worth spending the extra money (or trying to explain to my wife why this arrived in the mail).

This is definitely a downgrade from that lens. But it's a lot closer than the previous version it replaced. I wouldn't buy this if you already owned the L, but if you don't this is less than half the price.

rated:
Mine too is arriving tonight. I can't believe this went through!

Skipping 17 Messages...
rated:
Thanks for the deal.. Was exactly what I was looking for in a zoom lens..

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014