• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:

Amazon
Get Up to 5.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Related Deals   People who viewed this deal also viewed these similar deals.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Categorized in
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
I believe these are made in China, and there have been some adverse reactions reported. Not enough for a recall I think, but I pass on dog treats that are made in China. My Costco still carries these, but I skip them. Here's and FDA link about the issue - though it doesn't mention this brand by name. http://www.fda.gov/AnimalVeterinary/SafetyHealth/ProductSafetyInformation/ucm295445.htm

rated:
I have been feeding these to my 4 dogs for many years and none of them ever got sick.

These are safe.

rated:
you have been lucky.... lots of animals have gotten sick or died because of these

rated:
They are made in China. I would never get them for my dogs. Period. There are too many other good dog treats that have ZERO chance of harming them, so why take any chance?

rated:
jamurrel said:   you have been lucky.... lots of animals have gotten sick or died because of these
  So far, there has been no specific substance or toxin identified in Chinese treats that kills dogs, but this has been reported enough that I take is seriously. I used to get these from Costco, but I stopped buying dog treats that aren't made in the USA.

rated:
These are the most scrutinized and tested pet food in the world so I trust their safety. Plus less than 1% of the world's dog population have gotten sick, which means the culprit is most likely an allergic reaction.... kinda like humans who are allergic to peanuts. Doesn't mean peanuts are poison and should be banned, does it?

I just bought 10 more bags. I may buy more and donate them to local pet rescues. 

rated:
dogmeat said:   They are made in China. I would never get them for my dogs. Period. There are too many other good dog treats that have ZERO chance of harming them, so why take any chance?
  I agree completely.

rated:

rated:
Back on sale at $15.59.

My dogs just finished the 1st bag in 2 days.

rated:
4 dogs should not be eating a 3 pound bag in two days. Jerky treats have a very large amount of protein. Too much protein can cause serious kidney damage.

rated:
maydepot said:   I have been feeding these to my 4 dogs for many years and none of them ever got sick.

These are safe.

Please don't declare these are safe. Anyone thinking of feeding Chinese jerky to their dogs needs to do some reading first:

Comprehensive list of jerky treat class action lawsuits including Waggin’ Train, Milo’s, Sergeant’s & Kingdom Pets

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014