• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Found in 1Sale offers section.  Heard good and bad things about this unit, but for the price it seems like a good deal.  Haven't seen it this inexpensive elsewhere unless used.  Description seems to imply only the box is damaged.  Other deals available in used section for slightly higher price.Amazon Warehouse has numerous used 11.6″ Samsung Chromebooks w/ Wi-Fi  on sale starting at $135 + Free Shipping!Click Here For Deal  

• 11.6 inches Display
  • Samsung Exynos 5250 Dual Core Processor
  • 2 GB DDR3L RAM 16 GB Solid State Drive
  • 2 USB Ports: 1 USB 3.0 + 1 USB 2.0, HDMI Port
  • Built-in dual band Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n

Member Summary

Chromebook
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
just got mine. looks brand new. worth $112

heydaddeo (Feb. 12, 2014 @ 10:15a) |

ditto

heath11 (Feb. 12, 2014 @ 1:18p) |

Yes, same here..

geewitz123 (Feb. 13, 2014 @ 3:14p) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Going, going...

<sigh>....it says $249 for me. :\

thanks for the heads up, though!!

dawnmarie said:   <sigh>....it says $249 for me. :

thanks for the heads up, though!!

Did you click the link to see the "Used" ones? http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B009LL9VDG&... 

I have no experience with Chromebook.
been using various x86 based laptops for past 15 years.
Have an iPad (1st gen. no camera one)

so. how will this be for web browsing (5-6 tabs with few using flash based games)
Seems like processor could give some trouble.

Amby said:   I have no experience with Chromebook.
been using various x86 based laptops for past 15 years.
Have an iPad (1st gen. no camera one)

so. how will this be for web browsing (5-6 tabs with few using flash based games)
Seems like processor could give some trouble.

These are meant for exactly your application.  Machine will have no trouble at all under usage conditions as you describe them.  ChromeOS is extremely lightweight, so where your x86 machines have been bogged down doing Windows ops you'll find that more of the machine is available here for user ops, all of which essentially take place in the browser.

The new generations of Chromebooks are very capable...  I recently picked up an Acer c720, put a bigger SSD in it and set it up to dual-boot Ubuntu.  ChromeOS is very nice for day-to-day and when I need something more I boot up into Linux.  One of the really cool things about a Chromebook is how fast it boots - all solid state, so you can get from off to ready in ChromeOS in about 7 seconds.  When I boot into Linux I can get there in about 10 seconds.  Anyhow, not to take this off topic but if you're in the market for a Chromebook the price on this one seems to be pretty good.

Not a bad deal but you may consider the newer Acer c720 which can be found for $160-170 refurb (search FW).  The c720 has a much faster CPU, USB 3.0 and HDMI.    

That dog won't hunt!... save your bux... sluggish!

Do Amazon warehouse items have warranty? I thought they are considered Used and have no warranty.

If your company uses google docs and google mail, this is a great second computer to carry around to meetings as it is light, syncs to your google docs and mail, and has a long battery life.

Can be loaded with Ubuntu...aka Chrubuntu.

fatwhitton said:   If your company uses google docs and google mail, this is a great second computer to carry around to meetings as it is light, syncs to your google docs and mail, and has a long battery life.
  I had one of these for a while, and ended up giving it up for three reasons:

1) The screen is just there. If you're used to an iPad or a good laptop screen, the Samsung Chromebook screen just feels washed out.
2) I didn't get the great battery life. I felt like I was going back to the plug more often than not.
3) I recently started using a password manager, and it's awkward at best on ChromeOS... seamless on Mac OS and Windows.

If those two things aren't dealbreakers for you... then this is a very good deal. Amazon Warehouse deals are usually in very good shape.

Canucklehead said:   Do Amazon warehouse items have warranty? I thought they are considered Used and have no warranty.
  I bought an apple ipad from Amazon warehouse once, and it still had 2 years of applecare warranty left on it... saved me a buncha money.

I think the warranty is form when the original user had it, so you could get lucky, or might not.

zoid99 said:   Not a bad deal but you may consider the newer Acer c720 which can be found for $160-170 refurb (search FW).  The c720 has a much faster CPU, USB 3.0 and HDMI.    
I don't have comparison info on the CPU but this unit has (1) usb 3.0, (1) usb 2.0, and HDMI.

<deleted>

daveyd said:   That dog won't hunt!... save your bux... sluggish!
  Can you point me to a benchmark test on this unit?  I can't find anything that is useful.  I must be overlooking something that is staring me right in the face.

boxoreds said:   
zoid99 said:   Not a bad deal but you may consider the newer Acer c720 which can be found for $160-170 refurb (search FW).  The c720 has a much faster CPU, USB 3.0 and HDMI.    
I don't have comparison info on the CPU but this unit has (1) usb 3.0, (1) usb 2.0, and HDMI.

phooey... I should have looked that up first.  I've been looking at this Samsung for a year now and said to myself if it dropped below $150 shipped I'd get it.   The C720 made me change my mind.  Don't get me wrong.   These ARM based Samsung  are super nice, and I love the way it feels and the trackpad is super.  But after playing a playing around with the Acer it just feels faster.  Oh heck... it's $100 and some change.  I think I'll get the Samsung...  Fatwallet strikes again...

im about to lose $135 today.

Thanks OP Snagged

how well can these things be locked down? i am looking for something like this tobbe used as a dedicated finance machine.

Got one, thanks OP, the price is down to 112.74 for Amazon Warehouse item

only 18 left in stock. Now only 17 .
Thanks OP, always wanted to tinker with one of those.

I got some "Like New" ones yesterday for $137. Anxious to see how close to New they are.

$121 after CA tax. Good deal, thanks OP.

Thanks, OP! I bought it at $134, called when it dropped to $112 and was refunded the difference.

1me2ao said:   how well can these things be locked down? i am looking for something like this tobbe used as a dedicated finance machine.
  Well, if you load Ubuntu on it, you can totally isolate it. If you want to use it for it's intended purpose, then it's as "locked down" as your Google password/two-factor authentication can be.

Down to quantity 5. Grab one if you're going to.

I bought one for $135.  Chatted with a rep and they adjusted the price to $112.  SWEET deal.

Snagged one five mins ago!
Boy, what a deal - especially if one had those $25 OFF $75 GCs from those Amex Offers.....net effective price about $75
Was almost going to buy that Kindle HD 8.9" from the recent Amazon deal for Superbowl victory, for my toddler. Well, I still had some doubts and remained indecisive....
Just couldn't stay away from pulling the plug on this deal. FW Sucks....empties everyone's wallets.

gone I took to long to think about it I kept remembering the new ones from last week @Staples darn

tommythe said:   gone I took to long to think about it I kept remembering the new ones from last week @Staples darn
  Tommy - I was just able to add this to cart @ $112.....try again...you might get one. I only went till last-but-one page

djtitati said:   im about to lose $135 today.
  Would you be happy to know your loss is lesser now that it's down to $112 - call and get yourself a refund!

thank you   dealgain   got it for $112

Thanks, Just bought one.. but really don't need it..

Can these play youtube videos and Netflix? Can it play HD movies?

OP here....... Thank YOU ALL. Called back and got my price adjusted to the 112. bought 2 so saved a bunch. Thanks guys

Don't necessarily need it...but I had $25.00 credit...so for $88 shipped I couldn't resist...Thanks!!!

Appears to be getting hammered. Was getting item no longer available when trying to add to cart. Keep at it and it will work.

OOS. Move on to the next great deal (Skinny Wallet)

Skipping 12 Messages...
heydaddeo said:   just got mine. looks brand new. worth $112
  Yes, same here..

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014