• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Starting this Sunday 2/9, the Kindle Paperwhite will be $99.99 at Best Buy (online and in-store).

Best Buy SKU: 1807143 (Kindle Paperwhite 2GB w/ Special Offers)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/kindle-paperwhite-2gb/1807143.p 

It is the 2nd gen.  Spec said UPC 848719013931.
Also,
First gen is Model: B007MHZJDC
This one is Model: B00AWWE08E (2nd gen)

Best Buy
See Best Buy promo codes that earn 1.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Related Deals   People who viewed this deal also viewed these similar deals.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Damn - I was ready to pull the trigger on this one when I realized this is *not* the newest Generation Paperwhite of this type, but the first Gen one. Oh well, the wait continues.

rated:
How can you tell which edition of the Paperwhite the sale item is?

I'm still using my Kindle Touch just about every day. It was $99 brand new, so it doesn't seem worthwhile to jump to the Paperwhite, but it is oh so tempting.

rated:
big kindle on the back instead of Amazon

rated:
Dont be fooled by the pictures. The spec said UPC 848719013931. If so, that's the 2nd gen version. I ordered one. If the UPC is different, I will return it.

rated:
Yeah everything I see with the listing says it is the newest. Either it is or they have the wrong UPC and model # listed.

rated:
I can confirm its the 2013 version as I just bought one and picked it up in store.  UPC 848719013931.  Copyright 2013.

rated:
Treefarn said:   I can confirm its the 2013 version as I just bought one and picked it up in store.  UPC 848719013931.  Copyright 2013.
  Yeah, if it's the first gen the sale price doesn't even make sense. It's definitely 2nd gen

rated:
no free 3G right?

rated:
I tried to call Amazon to do price match, bought mine couple of weeks ago - they said - no, they are not doing price match. ;(

rated:
Confirmed to be 2nd gen (ordered and picked up at BB today).

rated:
Just for information, the 3rd generation Paperwhite is not too far off: http://www.slashgear.com/amazon-kindle-paperwhite-e-reader-to-se...

rated:
Treefarn said:   I can confirm its the 2013 version as I just bought one and picked it up in store.  UPC 848719013931.  Copyright 2013.
  Does it have the free 3g? Ads? When I searched for the model number and UPC listed it said it was a 3g with no ads - but was not sure on that part.

rated:
Picked mine up this afternoon and can confirm it's WiFi only and includes advertisements. The back-lighting is a real nice feature.

rated:
Where does it include the ads?

rated:
Just got one it's def. second generation. Came with software ver. 5.4.2 which is according to the Amazon site is only available on 2nd Gen.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014