• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Roomba
Disclaimer
Amazon has the iRobot Roomba 630 Vacuum Cleaning Robot for Pets for $279.99 with free Super Saver shipping.

• Roomba 630 picks up an amazing amount of dirt, pet hair and other debris with its patented 3 stage cleaning system
  • Dirt Detect technology employs an acoustic sensor to identify dirtier areas and spends more time cleaning them
  • iAdapt is an advanced system of software and sensors that ensures Roomba vacuums every section of your room and cleaning areas you cannot easily reach
  • The included Virtual Wall keeps Roomba cleaning where you need it and blocks off-limit areas

Amazon
Get Up to 6.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

irobot
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Product Dimensions: 13.4 x 3.6 x 13.4 inches ; 11.8 pounds
Shipping Weight: 12 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
Shipping: This item is also available for shipping to select countries outside the U.S.
Origin: Made in USA
Shipping Advisory: This item must be shipped separately from other items in your order. Additional shipping charges will not apply.
ASIN: B008LX6JWG
Item model number: R630020
Average Customer Review: 4.6 out of 5 stars See all reviews (382 customer reviews)
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I want to get one of these so bad. Its got great reviews 4.6 out of 5 stars with 382 votes

Other models also on sale (770 for $400 now)

I have the 650 model and I cannot imagine not having one anymore. I will say that you really want to make sure you have one that has an schedule capability, which this one does not. Nothing better than coming home every day to a freshly vaccuumed house.

How does it work on a wood floor?

I don't have a Roomba but have the Neato Pet and Allergy one and I have to agree with ptdalen, it's nice to come home 3-4 days a week to a freshly vacuumed house. With a couple kids and a lab running around it takes a bit of prep work to pick things up but I'm impressed with it. I might eventually try a Roomba for the upstairs.

my older model of irobot helps me everyday

I have a 770. You must get the one with a schedule function. Makes life sooooo much easier.

This is one of my best purchases ever (actually it was about 350 during Xmas at Best Buy). You will be blown away at how gross your house is after seeing how much dirt this thing picks up every day. And I even have a housekeeper. The only tricky thing about these machines is sometimes they get stuck under certain furniture so you have to be creative in figuring out how to activate the bumper sensors on this thing so it doesn't go under and get stuck. Anyhow, this thing is awesome once you solve that issue (if you have one). Cleans and comes back to its dock to recharge and I just dump the bin every 3 days. 

without a schedule this is worthless.

Does Roomba work better than Neato? I bought a Neato to try out, it had all kinds of trouble: got stuck between furniture, knocked a few things down while it's backing up, failed to return to the charging base... I ended up returning it back to the store.

Gergor said:   Does Roomba work better than Neato? I bought a Neato to try out, it had all kinds of trouble: got stuck between furniture, knocked a few things down while it's backing up, failed to return to the charging base... I ended up returning it back to the store.
  Here's a fairly recent review of the two from CNET:
http://reviews.cnet.com/vacuum-cleaners/neato-robotics-xv-signat...

rockymast said:   How does it work on a wood floor?
  It sucks.

RicheyRock said:   
Gergor said:   Does Roomba work better than Neato? I bought a Neato to try out, it had all kinds of trouble: got stuck between furniture, knocked a few things down while it's backing up, failed to return to the charging base... I ended up returning it back to the store.
  Here's a fairly recent review of the two from CNET:
http://reviews.cnet.com/vacuum-cleaners/neato-robotics-xv-signat... 

"The Neato is also an effective navigator. It had no trouble mapping out our test spaces and covered them with ease, rarely getting stuck and needing us to intervene."

Thanks for the link, but I had a very opposite experience with the Neato. 

Just want to share that you can get the same price for the iroomba 770 if you use the 20% discount coupon with Bed bath and beyond. And you get warranty for life.

Jaybird79 said:   Just want to share that you can get the same price for the iroomba 770 if you use the 20% discount coupon with Bed bath and beyond. And you get warranty for life.
  No, there is no "Lifetime Warranty" on this product with BBB, just (at the present) a fairly liberal return policy.

"REI" should come to many minds in what happens when those types of policies are abused. 

Where is this B&B coupon... and whats so bad about it on wood floor? I have a cat that tracks litter like no body's business. I got wood floors to have a more thurough clean instead of having it seep into carpet, but its quite visible all the time.

you can get one online at their site.
if you just have wood floors, also consider the Mint.  you can use Swiffer pads on it too.

I don't really care to wipe it down, I can do that manually every now and then. I just need it to pick up cat hair, women's hair.., and cat litter/dust. Thanks for the info and suggestions.

Although Roomba 770 on B&B website is $499 - %20 is still $400. If it was the same price i'd probably pull the trigger.

vodanh said:   I don't really care to wipe it down, I can do that manually every now and then. I just need it to pick up cat hair, women's hair.., and cat litter/dust. Thanks for the info and suggestions.

"Like-New" (outside packing box damage) Neato XV-21's pop up every once in a while on Amazon Warehouse.  I ordered one a few days ago and should be here Saturday.  For ~ $129 dollars...might be worth you trying since they are supposed to be for Pets/Allergies.

I won't spend one cent out of the value of the cleaner itself...irobot is a big name, but $600 is tooooo much! My friend is using Amtidy. Fair price and good quality. I'm still thinking about it.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014