• filter:
  • Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
$20 Bonus has Expired.  Still a decent deal for $16 Amazon, $10 (Dominos, Toys R Us, or Groupon), and then an additional subscription item such as Pandora One.

Great Deal From Gathr.  Able to get a $10 Amazon GC Bonus, $6 Amazon GC, $20 One Time Additional Bonus, Plus choice of $10 Dominos, $10 Toys R Us, $10 Fandago, or $10 Groupon.  So it's $46 worth of Gift Cards for $20.  Plus you get another subscription product included.  The $6 Amazon Video Credit can be used on any product.  I have already tested that.  Big deal on other sites, surprised it hasn't been posted on Fat Wallet yet.

Please Note It Does Take Up To 10 Days To Get The Additional One Time $20 Amazon Gift Card.  All other gift cards are right away.  Also looks like it let's you sign up twice per physical address.  Can not use the same email address over though.

Link To Promotion 

It's official: Gathr is ready to save you a bundle on your favorite brands in movies, music, shopping and more. In fact, if you sign up for Gathr today, AOL will give you a $20 Amazon.com Gift Card when you select any package priced $20 or more.  With Gathr, AOL has bundled together the best in movies, music, entertainment and shopping, making it easier than ever for you to save big on your favorite brands. Select a pre-bundled package to maximize your monthly savings, or build your own customized package to save on exactly the products and services you want.  Oh, and there's more: In addition to receiving $20 in gift cards when you sign-up, you'll get a $10 bonus gift card each and every month you're a Gathr subscriber.

To take advantage of this special Gathr offer now, simply click the button below. Hope to see you soon!

Sincerely,
The Gathr Team

Fine Print:
Offer expires 2/21/2014. Valid only on packages priced $20 or more. Your $20 Amazon.com Gift Card codes will be sent via email to you within 10 days after you sign up for Gathr. Offer may be used once per account and may not be combined with other discounts. To qualify, your Gathr account must be active and in good standing. We reserve the right to change or terminate this offer at any time.  Amazon.com is not a sponsor of this promotion. Except as required by law, Amazon.com Gift Cards ("GCs") cannot be transferred for value or redeemed for cash. GCs may be used only for purchases of eligible goods at Amazon.com or certain of its affiliated websites. For complete terms and conditions, see www.amazon.com/gc-legal. GCs are issued by ACI Gift Cards, Inc., a Washington corporation. All Amazon ™ & © are IP of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. No expiration date or service fees.

From time to time, we will email you about products and services we think you may like. Click here to opt out of further marketing emails from Gathr.  

Amazon
Get Up to 5.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Groupon
See Groupon discounts that earn 3.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Fandango
See Fandango discounts that earn $1.00 FatWallet Cash Back.
Related Deals   People who viewed this deal also viewed these similar deals.

Member Summary

gathr (25.73kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Received the $20 gift card from Amazon this morning. Thanks OP.

airanderotron (Feb. 14, 2014 @ 2:32p) |

Nice...got my two $10 codes!

PharmerNate (Feb. 14, 2014 @ 3:01p) |

So when do the "new codes" show up in your account each month? Is it first of the month or on your billing date.

maddybeagle (Feb. 27, 2014 @ 7:30p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Also one of the subscriptions can be Pandora One. Saves you from having to view all those ads plus you still get the gift cards.

rated:
I was curious so I clicked through a few pages and stopped where it said I would be signing up for a $20/mo. plan.  Here is a link to some comments about this AOL-owned site:         Gathr reviews 

rated:
nicemann said:    So it's $46 worth of Gift Cards for $46.  

Seems like a good deal, OP.  Cancel anytime.  You should fix this in your post, though.

rated:
I got this email offer on my account that was closed a couple of months ago. I would guess that this is targeted and don't see on their general website.

rated:
parmenides said:   nicemann said:    So it's $46 worth of Gift Cards for $46.  

Seems like a good deal, OP.  Cancel anytime.  You should fix this in your post, though.

Thanks fixed

rated:
ConnieIL1 said:   I was curious so I clicked through a few pages and stopped where it said I would be signing up for a $20/mo. plan.  Here is a link to some comments about this AOL-owned site:         Gathr reviews 
Yeah I was nervous at first then searched this forum and found an old topic about the site. Was positive. Currently at over 200 responses at SD with good responses.

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/expired-deals/1304355/ is the old forum deal for this site. This deal is better just using it for the comments on how the site works.

rated:
If you follow OP's instructions, for $20 you immediately get $16 in Amazon gc's. I also chose a $10 domino's gc and the pandora radio upgrade, both of which were also immediately available. Gathr is then supposed to send a bonus $20 Amazon gc in 10 days. So, not a bad haul for $20.

It looks like if I stick with the subscription I'll get a $10 Amazon gc and a $10 domino's gc monthly for $20. OK, even exchange. If the site were also to offer bonuses from time to time then it would make the monthly subscription worthwhile.

rated:
parmenides said:   If you follow OP's instructions, for $20 you immediately get $16 in Amazon gc's. I also chose a $10 domino's gc and the pandora radio upgrade, both of which were also immediately available. Gathr is then supposed to send a bonus $20 Amazon gc in 10 days. So, not a bad haul for $20.

It looks like if I stick with the subscription I'll get a $10 Amazon gc and a $10 domino's gc monthly for $20. OK, even exchange. If the site were also to offer bonuses from time to time then it would make the monthly subscription worthwhile.

I believe you would be $6 ahead. $10 Amazon monthly bonus, $10 Dominos, $6 additional Amazon GC for the video but can be used on anything. Then the Pandora or whatever else you picked.

rated:
nicemann said:   
parmenides said:   If you follow OP's instructions, for $20 you immediately get $16 in Amazon gc's. I also chose a $10 domino's gc and the pandora radio upgrade, both of which were also immediately available. Gathr is then supposed to send a bonus $20 Amazon gc in 10 days. So, not a bad haul for $20.

I believe you would be $6 ahead. $10 Amazon monthly bonus, $10 Dominos, $6 additional Amazon GC for the video but can be used on anything. Then the Pandora or whatever else you picked.

Ah, cool.  Yep, interesting.  And actually, even more ahead if you count the Pandora subscription @ $3.95 monthly.  Hmmm, may be a keeper.  Thanks.

rated:
parmenides said:    Ah, cool.  Yep, interesting.  And actually, even more ahead if you count the Pandora subscription @ $3.95 monthly.  Hmmm, may be a keeper.  Thanks.

Yep keeping mine too.

rated:
OP..did you get the $20 Amazon GC immediately? I got only the order confirmation email.

rated:
bendakaya said:   OP..did you get the $20 Amazon GC immediately? I got only the order confirmation email.

Nope terms say it can take up to 10 days. Everything else is instant.

rated:
nicemann said:   
bendakaya said:   OP..did you get the $20 Amazon GC immediately? I got only the order confirmation email.

Nope terms say it can take up to 10 days. Everything else is instant.

Ya.Got everything else. Will wait for the $20 gift card. Thank you.

rated:
maddybeagle said:   I got this email offer on my account that was closed a couple of months ago. I would guess that this is targeted and don't see on their general website.
  Yep. The link OP posted is from the targeted email so huge YMWV. 

rated:
maddybeagle said:   maddybeagle said:   I got this email offer on my account that was closed a couple of months ago. I would guess that this is targeted and don't see on their general website.
  Yep. The link OP posted is from the targeted email so huge YMWV. 

Looks like people at SD have already been receiving their codes via email. So it should be working. Keep in mind their thread was posted yesterday.

rated:
I got a slightly different offer.

Instead of a $20 Amazon GC, I received a $10 Amazon GC and $10 off the first month of Gathr.

And once I paid, the codes were all on my gathr home page www.gathr.com/mystuff

I didn't have to wait for any email. If you click 'go-shop' then you can see the codes for the retailers there. I copied and pasted the code for Amazon.

rated:
hmm I dont see anything on the link that mentions the $20 Amazon GC? Does that offer come in later?

rated:
Does a magazine subscription get canceled if I opt out of the plan?

rated:
link says page not found, anyone else same thing?

rated:
Signed up for a National Geographic Digital subscription only to find out it will not work with Android.

rated:
I'm not seeing anything about the $20 one-time Amazon bonus. Is it still alive?

rated:
Got the $20 Amazon GC bonus already! Great deal OP, thank you!

rated:
Looks like my rebate cards wont work... anyone know the amount they auth.?

rated:
vickh said:   Looks like my rebate cards wont work... anyone know the amount they auth.?
  rebate cards? like prepaid cards?

rated:
xpolarx said:   
vickh said:   Looks like my rebate cards wont work... anyone know the amount they auth.?
  rebate cards? like prepaid cards?

yes

rated:
  x2 couldn't get it on a $25 visa debit rebate card, had to use a real card . Three auths, one $21.10, one $1, one -$1, odd.

rated:
For people who do not see the pop up for the extra $20 you have to turn off your security products.  In Firefox (full protection) there is no pop up but with IE (default everything) it appears.

Thanks, OP

rated:
Signed up. Thanks OP!

rated:
Tried in all browsers with security off and best I can do is $10 Amazon + $10 Fandango + $6 Amazon Video + Pandora One. Does not appear to be any additional $20 bonus. Maybe location based??

rated:
LocalMotion said:   For people who do not see the pop up for the extra $20 you have to turn off your security products.  In Firefox (full protection) there is no pop up but with IE (default everything) it appears.

Thanks, OP

Whoops.  So if I didn't see the pop up, do I not get the $20 bonus?

rated:
My apologies for the stupidity. I blew past the first pop-up several times not realizing that that is the ONLY place that mentions the $20 promo. I kept trying to checkout and didn't see the Promo mentioned anywhere at checkout. I finally slooowwweeedddd down and read the very first page and now realize that's where the mention of the bonus $20 is and how I'll be receiving it.

A little nerve wracking to not see it listed at checkout...but since many people seem to be vouching for this deal (and since worse case scenario is $26-$30 value for $20 cost) I finally checked out. Looking forward to upgrading my Pandora.

Thanks OP...and SD OP.

rated:
jcantanixon said:   
LocalMotion said:   For people who do not see the pop up for the extra $20 you have to turn off your security products.  In Firefox (full protection) there is no pop up but with IE (default everything) it appears.

Thanks, OP

Whoops.  So if I didn't see the pop up, do I not get the $20 bonus?

Not sure.  Wait 24hrs then call.  Although, T&C state 10 days.

rated:
PharmerNate said:    Looking forward to upgrading my Pandora.

FYI - This part was instant as soon as I entered my Pandora credentials into the Gathr/mystuff page.  In fact, I had Pandora running on another tab and it updated on it's own, removing the ads without me having to log out/in or even stop playing music.

rated:
Awesome deal. I signed up for pandora 4, Amazon 6, Groupon 10. plus Amazon 10. After signing up all the cards were available right away. So for $20 a month I'm getting 16 in Amazon GC, pandora 4, and Groupon 10 ($30 value).  They said I would get the $20 bonus card in 10 days.

rated:

Gathr (333.86kB)
Disclaimer
dougan778 said:   
  x2 couldn't get it on a $25 visa debit rebate card, had to use a real card . Three auths, one $21.10, one $1, one -$1, odd.

That's because some prepaid debit cards will decline authorizations for recurring subscription based charges. I'll add a screenshot of the popup so people can see what it looks like. I should have just posted the deal myself but it's kind of lame to me to just repost deals from SD's or other sites.

rated:
dougan778 said:   

They did 1, 1, 20 for me.

rated:
Is there any confirmation of the extra $20 card by mail after you sign up? I didn't see it mentioned on the checkout page or on the email confirmation I received. The pop-up was present and I clicked on it to start the process. Just want to make sure I didn't do something wrong. Thanks!

rated:
I'm going to give it a shot! Thank you OP!

Edit:  I was able to immediately redeem 16 dollars to my Amazon account plus the 10 dollar dominos gift card, not to mention immediate use of Shoprunner.  Plus I should have a 20 dollar Amazon gift card on the way per the site and emails.  It also offers you the ability to get friends to sign up for an additional 10 dollars of Amazon credit each.  This is a no brainer.  

Update:  Got my $20 dollar bonus today via email.  36 dollars worth of Amazon gift cards for $20, plus the 10 from dominos and the Shoprunner service.

Skipping 37 Messages...
rated:
So when do the "new codes" show up in your account each month? Is it first of the month or on your billing date.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014