• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
We're pleased to announce an exclusive Cash Back partnership with eBay! For a limited time, FatWallet will be the only U.S. site offering 1% Cash Back with eBay.

However, please note that while Cash Back is available for all categories, it is limited to $100 on any single transaction from:

• Coins & Paper Money
  • eBay Motors
  • Business & Industrial category
  • Arts & Collectibles
  • Sport s & Entertainment Memorabilia
  • Jewelry & Watches
  • Antiques

There are some additional restrictions to note, as follows:

• Cash Back is not available on eBay Gift Cards, Real Estate, eBay Giving Works or other purchases that benefit charities or non-profit organizations
  • All winning bids must be placed through a Cash Back link.
  • Cash Back not available on bids placed with a sniping service/tool

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
I agree.... I have had similar situations happen to be several times just last year alone, and I only average about 100 ... (more)

Mulox (Mar. 11, 2014 @ 2:08a) |

That's wonderful...thanks!

usa24 (Mar. 11, 2014 @ 1:18p) |

Driver's Edge by Citibank. I'm "chartered" member and I get 2% (expires in 24 months) towards purchase or lease of a ca... (more)

BPH789 (Mar. 11, 2014 @ 2:52p) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Of course this came right after I spent a couple hundred bucks on eBay.

nice... wonder how long it will last

(Please delete my comment. My smart phone isn't smart enough to allow me to.)

That's wonderful...thanks!

Pretty limited on the categories there.

cpabster said:   Pretty limited on the categories there.
Is CashBack only available in the categories listed by OP, or is it that those specific categories have a $100 limit in CashBack? FW wording is ambiguous.

1.0% Cash Back is Available when you see the Cash Back symbol.
(Using coupons without FatWallet's Cash Back symbol may void Cash Back)

peas said:   
cpabster said:   Pretty limited on the categories there.
Is CashBack only available in the categories listed by OP, or is it that those specific categories have a $100 limit in CashBack? FW wording is ambiguous.

Cash Back is available on all categories, but is capped on the listed categories. I'll add that to the OP.

I quit doing FatWallet Cash Back long ago after most of my purchases that I did CORRECTLY didn't get paid even after I contested them. If the vendor doesn't report the purchase to fatwallet then you are screwed!

dirtrat said:   I quit doing FatWallet Cash Back long ago after most of my purchases that I did CORRECTLY didn't get paid even after I contested them. If the vendor doesn't report the purchase to fatwallet then you are screwed!
and if they did report, Fatwallet wins big!

about frickin time.

So how was life on an island eBay by yourself? LOL

Used to be nice combining with eBay bucks, but now eBay bucks aren't even worth worrying about because they are trying to force buying. At least I can get the 1% despite dead ebucks.

Nice. Thanks OP.

Way to go Fat Wallet! This is a nice new perk.

Too bad eBay is screwing many members on their eBay bucks program going forward.

NOW... How about helping to reduce the exorbitant selling and paypal fees...

Wow....Awesome....Great News...Thank you guys at FW =)

eBay bucks is not what they used to be, no longer give Cash Back on certain items such as car parts. I guess this is some what usefull

thanks for sharing
In for a ton of deals

crispy96 said:   Of course this came right after I spent a couple hundred bucks on eBay.
Send FW a PP payment request for the 2 bucks

mrcutiebear said:   Wow....Awesome....Great News...Thank you guys at FW =)
Surely eBay came begging to FW to take them back....

jimmystang said:   Way to go Fat Wallet! This is a nice new perk.

Too bad eBay is screwing many members on their eBay bucks program going forward.

Are you talking about the $5 minimum rule? So that if you don't spend $250 in 3 months, you lost your eBay bucks?

Treefarn said:   

Are you talking about the $5 minimum rule? So that if you don't spend $250 in 3 months, you lost your eBay bucks?

yes

jimmystang said:   
Treefarn said:   

yes

From eBays perspective,if you spend less so little, you aren't really a good customer, so there really is no reason to cater to you. Since you now lose your <5 eBay bucks, perhaps that will encourage you to spend more. And since those shoppers shop so infrequently, losing that <$5 probably wont affect them (and some probably don't even really they had eBay bucks to lose). Seems like sound marketing, not a 'screwing'.

Treefarn said:   jimmystang said:   
Treefarn said:   

yes

From eBays perspective,if you spend less so little, you aren't really a good customer, so there really is no reason to cater to you. Since you now lose your <5 eBay bucks, perhaps that will encourage you to spend more. And since those shoppers shop so infrequently, losing that <$5 probably wont affect them (and some probably don't even really they had eBay bucks to lose). Seems like sound marketing, not a 'screwing'.

So the ripoff percentage for eBay fees and PayPal fees is not enough for you? You'd like them to have all of our eBay bucks too?

dlee546 said:   
Treefarn said:   
jimmystang said:   
Treefarn said:   

yes

So the ripoff percentage for eBay fees and PayPal fees is not enough for you? You'd like them to have all of our eBay bucks too?

They have none of my eBay bucks, because I spend more than $250 a quarter.

As for fees, if it was too much, I'd sell my stuff elsewhere. Still the best game in town for me.

Treefarn said:   
dlee546 said:   
Treefarn said:   
jimmystang said:   
Treefarn said:   

yes

They have none of my eBay bucks, because I spend more than $250 a quarter.

As for fees, if it was too much, I'd sell my stuff elsewhere. Still the best game in town for me.

I finally got a store, $19.99 a month, the cheapest.
Laptops for 10% down to 6%, 1 laptop and the store cost is covered.....
Only 1% savings on the cell phones.

I remember the good ole days when one could stack 20 - 30% Bing CashBack with eBay bucks, FW CashBack, plus credit card rewards CashBack. It made for some terrific buying opportunities. Now eBay has increased their fees beyond the point of ridiculous. Their terms are a detriment to the seller. At this point all eBay is good for is the clearance of overstocked or out dated products, the disposal of stolen goods, or for the sale of goods from China that can be mailed inexpensively. Very few merchants can sell goods at a consistent profit under eBay's new terms. As a Seller I completely avoid them. As a Buyer I find that with a quick search one can almost always find a better price outside of eBay.

well put Craig, those glory days are over.

how do i get those Cash Back? just buy and they will give Cash Back, maybe got try on it.

crispy96 said:   Of course this came right after I spent a couple hundred bucks on eBay.
I've spent a couple thousand on eBay over the past couple months .

ETA: Including a couple hundred in the past couple days.

Great place to buy, horrible place to sell.

The only ones disgruntled with selling is sellers who made mistakes.
eBay has the best protection for buyers and sellers.....

eBay's high fees are necessary to cover the massive amounts of fraud that go on with paypal and stolen credit cards. As a seller, I have seen first hand how easy it is for buyers to use stolen credit cards through paypal.

for as much as i like to complain about eBay, i'm still making money selling crap. just seems in my experience they tend to favor the buyers even when it is clear that the buyer made a mistake or flat out "misrepresented the truth" (aka: lied). anyway, they're pretty much the only game in town unless you want to deal with many of the trolls i've come across on CL. at least eBay has some checks/balances. Guess I'll just suck up the high selling fees, paypal fees. Oh and of course higher shipping costs because of the government's (USPS) inability to run an efficient and profitable business.

Awesome, now that Amazon is charging tax in Wisconsin, I've been buying more and more from eBay.

Do I still get my eBay Bucks on top of the FW CB?

shunja said:   Do I still get my eBay Bucks on top of the FW CB?
Yes, if you buy linked thru FW

Now if I could just get CashBack on my seller fees!

hammer45 said:   Now if I could just get CashBack on my seller fees!
Agreed!~

hammer45 said:   Now if I could just get CashBack on my seller fees!
Pay them with a credit card that gives a bonus.
I use he PP debit MC.

Skipping 35 Messages...
twmofa said:   
BPH789 said:   Awesome!

Bought two 1oz American Eagle gold coins from Apmex and essentially getting it 3% less (1% FW CB and 2% MasterCard).

Which Master Card gives you the 2%?
Thank you!

Driver's Edge by Citibank. I'm "chartered" member and I get 2% (expires in 24 months) towards purchase or lease of a car including my family members.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014